onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe A 2 Port Vale 1 - Post match comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Today, we've sunk as low as we can. For the next game, I'd be very tempted now to go back to basics - like Adams did when he first came - and play 5 at the back, in a 5-3-2.

Get an extra man at the back and try and shore up the defence. Work on not only defending but attacking set pieces, as I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner (and we tend to get a lot). Having both McGivern and Robertson at the back will, hopefully, help this.

Also, put another man in midfield to try and stop teams walking straight through us. This will allow Lines and O'Connor to move further up the pitch where they are more effective.

This would mean however playing wing backs as opposed to wingers, but having Marshall and Moore on the bench may not be such a bad idea - and they came come on and impact a game. For me, we have no-one who can do this (Williamson aside) so when we're losing we can't change things. For example, I'm a Dodds fan but even I fail to see what he brings coming off from the bench.

The only problem with this, however, is that the wings backs we have - Yates and Daniel - are, unfortunately, not good enough in this league. I know, therefore, that this is something that not everyone will agree with but something needs to change so I think it's best to try and keep some clean sheets. My team for Bristol would be:

-----------------------Neal------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

---------Duffy---Robertson---McGivern---------

--Yates-----------------------------------Daniel--

------------O'Connor---Brown---Lines-----------

----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Pope---Slew--------------------

Bench: Veseli, Dickinson, Jennings, Moore, Marshall, Dodds, Williamson

Keep it tight, stay organised, don't concede - and then on 60-65 minutes bring Moore and Marshall on when legs are tiring. Solid starting line up, and a strong bench.

Get a good result against Bristol City and watch us fly up the table! Just, please Mickey, no more 4-4-2. I beg you.

I should also add, that as much as I am disappointed and concerned with Adams tactics (or lack of) style and coaching, the players have to start facing more scrutiny and accountability - these are most prob some of the highest paid players in our history - do they deserve their wages? For me absolutely not, no drive, passion, or basic ability, save for Marshall this season, and to a lesser extent Dickinson, the effort but not the performance.

The rest, including pope are just not performing and have to take a long hard look at themselves.

Just got back from watching that utter garbage. I said it a few weeks ago that them 2 posers in the middle of the park can't play together and I got slated, well I will say it again they are awfull.

Yeah me too.

Lines is the most overrated player I've ever seen at Vale. Glad others are starting to see how little he contributes week in, week out.

I honestly didn't think we'd lose today...it's very depressing and disappointing...what should happen?

It's not too good being wise after the event, is it, but I was genuinely worried going into this game because (a) Micky seems to have lost his renowned ability to motivate the players; (b) tactically, we've seemed clueless, just lumping the ball forward, which would just play into Crewe's hands (or, should I say feet); and © our defensive problems are as bad as ever. It all looks like relegation form to me despite having, on paper, a better squad than last season. Smurf has some hard thinking to do over the next week or two, because, imho, that is all the time he will need to see where we're headed this season, if he hasn't already made up his mind.

I honestly didn't think we'd lose today...

Football is unpredictable and you can lose games when you probably least expect it. However it is the manner of the defeat that needs to then be looked at. Said prior to the game that the first goal was pivotal.... and it was. You do not give a struggling team a goal start within 5 mins and a two goal lead within 20 mins particularly when you are under pressure having lost the last 4 games! The pressure is already cranked up before Tuesday's game as we just do not look like keeping a clean sheet so in effect are already 0-1 down requiring 2 goals to win. This lack of clean sheets cannot continue otherwise it will be a very long winter.

In case you not see the smiley,here's another.:D

Don't take it so seriously,I got called a numpty earlier on,from a Liverpool fan,how do you think I feel?:laugh:

Btw,hot off the press Liverpool losing 1-0 to Villa.:razz:

In case you've totally lost the plot now, I was talking about Micky Adams comment, not about you. And I didn't see Adams give a smiley.

Lets get this straight Smurf cannot afford to sack Adams, I know folk will say he cant afford not to, but he will have to put how much in to get rid... 130K ?

In my opinion Smurfs biggest mistake was giving Adams all summer to give him a contract, he should have shook hands and said goodbye.

Lets get this straight Smurf cannot afford to sack Adams, I know folk will say he cant afford not to, but he will have to put how much in to get rid... 130K ?

In my opinion Smurfs biggest mistake was giving Adams all summer to give him a contract, he should have shook hands and said goodbye.

Unfortunately I think you are spot on.

Archived