onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Johnson - Well done big lad

fraggle

Was anyone else surprised with the selection of Big Sam ahead of Nealo???

I have to say Sam did exceptionally well, he's a big unit.... Was very assured, pulled off some good saves and was very very vocal with his defence today

The cynic in me says he's been watched by bigger clubs and a big bid will be coming in for him before long?!? Hence why he's playing in the 1st 11

Since his 1st foray into the squad during Nealo injury last term, he's come on leaps and bounds, big pat on the head!

Any other thoughts?

Advert

I thought he struggled with a few of the high balls into the box today. He flapped at the ball a couple of times and that didn't help the defence.

The ones a saw he got something on them and knocked them away from danger, many keepers would've got no where near those balls, but given Sam's size thought he helped rather than hindered.

A little bit surprised he started but he justified the decision! Great performane, him and McGovern were the main men for me today.

Spot on. I was surprised but thought big Sam did really well, made two great saves in each half and pushed the ball away a few times on corners even if it was to the opposite corner flag. He will be bought by a bigger club in the not too distant future I am sure of that. McGivern was solid and looked pretty confident particularly in the first half, he got a defensive block in on more than a few occasions hope he can play like he did today for the rest of the season. Both deserved MOTM..!!!

I said exactly the same as the OP at the game today. Sam is in the shop window. He is a fantastic prospect who if we act smart, and don't succumb to the first bid received could quite easily earn us a good 7 figure fee with a good sell on clause.

Look at what Stoke paid for Butland and Southampton today paid £10m for Fraser Forster. He easily has as much potential as those two

I said exactly the same as the OP at the game today. Sam is in the shop window. He is a fantastic prospect who if we act smart, and don't succumb to the first bid received could quite easily earn us a good 7 figure fee with a good sell on clause.

Look at what Stoke paid for Butland and Southampton today paid £10m for Fraser Forster. He easily has as much potential as those two

Completely agree with that, I think we look to be acting smart given him starting today... Celtic need a new keeper.. Who knows...

Was anyone else surprised with the selection of Big Sam ahead of Nealo???

I have to say Sam did exceptionally well, he's a big unit.... Was very assured, pulled off some good saves and was very very vocal with his defence today

The cynic in me says he's been watched by bigger clubs and a big bid will be coming in for him before long?!? Hence why he's playing in the 1st 11

Since his 1st foray into the squad during Nealo injury last term, he's come on leaps and bounds, big pat on the head!

Any other thoughts?

I was telling people I know that I think Adams will go with him after seeing him against WBA and he didn't let anyone down,for me we have got to offer him something now or he will go for peanuts in the summer as I am certain Premier league teams will be watching him,i do think if we tie him down he could go on to be our next million pound player..i am that confident

Archived