onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ESA Rosetta probe now orbiting comet.

SuperValiant1876

Advert

Apparently when it landed it 'bounced' cos in the comet's gravity it weighs only 10 grams and took 2 hours to drop back to the surface. Now they have to decide whether to fire the anchors or not cos they could push it away from the surface never to return!!

The joy of that scientist lady was a delight to behold

Apparently when it landed it 'bounced' cos in the comet's gravity it weighs only 10 grams and took 2 hours to drop back to the surface. Now they have to decide whether to fire the anchors or not cos they could push it away from the surface never to return!!

The joy of that scientist lady was a delight to behold

Yes, until she cried 'Yay'!

I bet God botherers are ****ting themselves.

I forgive your derogatory terminology, whilst pointing out that most Christians I know are excited that even more evidence may be uncovered that will confirm what we already believe. :D

It is a more important mission than it at first seems this. Firstly, from a scientific viewpoint a lot of information about the nature and origins of the universe will be obtained which inform research in many key fields of physics. Secondly, one of the biggest threats to all life on earth is the comets and anything else big out there that is in a chaotic environment and could suddenly be identified as likely to strike earth. Being able to gain orbit and land are knowledge that may be needed in future and so to the energy requirements needed too change the orbit of a comet or destroy it.

How on earth can they send pics from 30 million miles away so quick,?

I am sure I heard it takes about 30 m inutes for the transmissions to reach us

how come there is sun light shining on this rock ?

sunlight shines on everything in the solar system..10% of earths where the comet is so with enhancement of the shades of grey it appears lighter in the lighter bits than it really is

I for one think it's all fake to get more investment

Rubbish it's an alien craft piloted by Elvis

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28659783

This story should be front page news all around the world. What an achievement. Ever wonder what we could have achieved if all the time and money we put into warring over imaginary lines or gods was put into science and space exploration.

Still, a truly awesome feat.

Never mind all that,Dr.Matt Taylor seems to have offended some by wearing a shirt?:doh::dizzy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/11232986/Matt-Taylors-sexist-shirt-and-the-day-political-correctness-officially-went-mad.html

Archived