onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

At the moment you have Chelsea as the best team in the country by some margin, then Man City in a league of their own followed by everyone else who can all beat each other on any given day. Third and fourth spot will be contested by Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton and possibly United if they're still in reach by the time the January transfer window comes around and they can look to reinforce at the back. Even Newcastle have an outside chance if they keep the run they're on going, though a couple of successive losses will see the locals calling for Pardew's head and nut-sack all over again.

You will be lucky to finish above Stoke at this rate! ;)

Advert

Southampton's starting XI is superb, they've got some tough fixtures coming up on paper be interesting to see how they fare and whether they can keep the run going once injuries/suspensions prevail. I'm starting to think despite their really poor start Man Utd will end up finishing in the top 4, purely based on how average the likes of Arsenal, Everton, Spurs and Liverpool seem to be this season, still early days though and it only takes a run of 4/5 games unbeaten to get any team back on track ( a la Newcastle)

I expect Southampton to fall away at some point somewhat. As you mentioned, they have a good first 11 that will give anyone a game but a couple of injuries will make a big difference to them as it does the majority of clubs. Of course, if they're still around where they are now when January comes along then they might gamble a bit and bring in a couple more additions that strengthens them further, but I think despite there start most Southampton fans would snatch your hand off if you gave them a 6th place finish right now.

All I want is for Liverpool to be judged properly when we actually have what is now our main man back in the side. Chelsea would badly miss Costa if he was missing as Arsenal would Sanchez, so Liverpool should be cut a little bit of slack in that we have what was the second best forward in the Premiership last season missing from the team, someone that makes not only a huge contribution with his goals but also the space his running creates for others, the likes of Sterling. If we continue to struggle when he's back in the side it's then that I'll be really worried about Liverpool's form.

If we continue to struggle when he's back in the side it's then that I'll be really worried about Liverpool's form.

No one who supports or follows Liverpool cannot be worred by their current form...missing your main stiker should not have such an impact. Rodgers has not bought well at all and no one decent will be avilable in January

All I want is for Liverpool to be judged properly when we actually have what is now our main man back in the side. Chelsea would badly miss Costa if he was missing as Arsenal would Sanchez, so Liverpool should be cut a little bit of slack in that we have what was the second best forward in the Premiership last season missing from the team, someone that makes not only a huge contribution with his goals but also the space his running creates for others, the likes of Sterling. If we continue to struggle when he's back in the side it's then that I'll be really worried about Liverpool's form.

Don't waste £100m on average players then?

Chelsea didn't miss costa though.... They have decent replacements.

Who, Remy? As decent as he is, he's nowhere near the class of Costa, just as Balotelli, Lambert and Borini aren't the same class as Sturridge. We all saw what Chelsea won last season without a world-class striker. I know there's Drogba too but he's nowhere near the force he was, though he'll still get a few goals for them as any decent striker would with the players they have.

No one who supports or follows Liverpool cannot be worred by their current form...missing your main stiker should not have such an impact. Rodgers has not bought well at all and no one decent will be avilable in January

We're missing two strikers that scored a silly amount of goals between them last season. A team is nothing without a striker that can put chances away and for this reason alone Liverpool miss Daniel Sturridge a ridiculous amount. Obviously the others should step up to the plate while he's out but they haven't. But Sturridge is both a match winner and a genuine goal-scorer, and Liverpool would have been higher up the table had he not picked up two pretty substantial injuries already this season.

Don't waste £100m on average players then?

Every manager wastes money. Arsene Wenger spent almost half of that on one player that has been woeful for them considering his reputation and ability shown for previous clubs! Moreno and Can are already proving to be good buys and I believe that Lallana and Lovren will prove to be good signings in time too, so I would hardly say that he's wasted that amount of money no matter what position we are in the league at the moment. That's not to say that Rodgers activity in the transfer market isn't somewhat suspect, but name me one manager that hasn't got as many poor purchased than he has good one's and I know for certain I'll be able to counter it.

Archived