onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

Advert

To be fair to Beechy, they were one dodgy refereeing decision (second penalty appeal) away from a potential point.

Although what kind of defensive strategy did they employ for the equaliser?! Run away from the ball?!

Shocker of a decision! I actually thought they were decent first half and probably deserved to go in at half time leading but the defending for the equaliser was truly embarrassing (maybe Beechy has gone to try and find his defence!) ;)

To be fair to Beechy, they were one dodgy refereeing decision (second penalty appeal) away from a potential point.

Although what kind of defensive strategy did they employ for the equaliser?! Run away from the ball?!

They were terrible though, other than the first 10 mins when the got a very lucky goal Chelsea just outplayed them and stopped Liverpool from playing. I personally don't see Liverpool challenging the top 4 this time.

They were terrible though, other than the first 10 mins when the got a very lucky goal Chelsea just outplayed them and stopped Liverpool from playing. I personally don't see Liverpool challenging the top 4 this time.

Im not convinced Saints will finish in top 4 tbh..But with Man Utd and Liverpool been so inconsistent then they've got a really good chance this season..

A rather hungover Beechy is here. When have I ever hid away after a Liverpool loss?

Chelsea deserved the win yesterday but to say that they outplayed us is a little baffling. It was a tight game in which Chelsea just about edged, with Costa probably being the main difference between the two sides. That's not to say put Costa in the Liverpool side and they would be the equal to Chelsea, but the difference between the two teams would be considerably less, as it would when a fit Daniel Sturridge is back in the side. I still think that despite the doom and gloom Liverpool can and will only improve as the season goes on. Both Moreno and Can, who are just 22 and 20, have huge potential and will prove to be fantastic signings, and I don't care what anybody tries to insist I know that with Sturridge in the side Liverpool would have been a number of points better off than they currently are. We lost both games but we competed against both Real Madrid and Chelsea. None of them played Liverpool off the park like most predicted and with a bit more luck and some better quality in the final third Liverpool could have got a result in both games, but it wasn't to be.

On the same weekend let's not forget that Man City just about scrapped a draw against QPR (a few numpties here were masturbating over the fact that Liverpool only just about beat them a few weeks back) and United, with the likes of Di Maria, Rooney and Van Persie all in the same team, just about edged Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.

After his performance against Real Madrid Kolo Toure is entitled to be really ****** off after being dropped for the Chelsea game,what's Rodgers doing?

He was excellent against Real but I wouldn't trust Toure either. He's a donkey the majority of the time and is an accident waiting to happen. Liverpool's defence already has enough problems without his arsing about on the ball adding further to it.

He was excellent against Real but I wouldn't trust Toure either. He's a donkey the majority of the time and is an accident waiting to happen. Liverpool's defence already has enough problems without his arsing about on the ball adding further to it.

Fair enough but what kind of message does it send to the player when he plays so well against one of the top sides in world football?Why did Rodgers sign Lallana and Lambert,not as squad players surely?

I don't see how lallana dosent get in the side, he's quality and Liverpools other players in that position just aren't.

He's done alright in patches and he'll come good because he does have a lot of quality, but in fairness he's had 16 starts and only scored one goal, with one assist I can think of, which just isn't good enough for a player of his ability.

It was always a difficult game for Arsenal today against a decent Swansea side, but if you took Sanchez out of the Arsenal team as Sturridge has been missing for Liverpool then they wouldn't be doing any better than we are.

Fair enough but what kind of message does it send to the player when he plays so well against one of the top sides in world football?Why did Rodgers sign Lallana and Lambert,not as squad players surely?

I think Toure understands he's just a bit part player. It probably was a bit harsh to not give him another go on the back of a very good performance but he choose to bring in Lovren instead, who incidentally looked a lot more assured than in previous games.

At the moment you have Chelsea as the best team in the country by some margin, then Man City in a league of their own followed by everyone else who can all beat each other on any given day. Third and fourth spot will be contested by Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton and possibly United if they're still in reach by the time the January transfer window comes around and they can look to reinforce at the back. Even Newcastle have an outside chance if they keep the run they're on going, though a couple of successive losses will see the locals calling for Pardew's head and nut-sack all over again.

Bad day for the North London clubs. The 3 teams I expected to struggle this season in Saints, West Ham and Swansea are certainly holding their own so far this year. Even still I fully expected Arsenal to beat Swansea today, Maybe if had Debuchy and Kos in side we would of won that..

Oh well Arsenal V Man Utd next now..

Archived