PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

He made a run and scored? Not exactly difficult for a premiership player. I've seen castle loads this season and he stands out for the wrong reasons.

Glad Pardew and the England U21 manager don't agree with you!! He's young and inconsistent but to say he's the one of the worst players you've ever seen when you've been watching Vale for years is surely a huge exaggeration!

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incidentally, the Newcastle team that beat Chelsea had five local lads in it in the second half - Alnwick, Taylor, Dummett, Colback and Ameobi, four of whom had come through the youth team.

Daft I know, but when I heard the score I jumped from my chair and punched the air :laugh:

Remember Danny Higginbotham speaking about him a few seasons ago, he said he'd never seen a ref so start struck and influenced by big name players....

I thought higginbotham was a big name how long do u want it to be.

Advert:

So it is squeaky bum time for Beechy - will Basel find the bin dippers Fawlty ?

My predicition - Liverpool will get through this one without a great deal of trouble. May only be by 1 goal or 2 if Basel get desperate late on and push forward but were looks like we will be stuck with the poo-ol for the knockout phase.

For those who like a little bet Betfair are offering the Reds at 1.8 or 4/5 in fractional terms, seems a very good bet to me. It might be worth some very small bets on sides playing against those already through like Ludogrets at Real Madrid (12/1 draw. 26/1 away), also Bayern Munich might be a bit lazy. Another good bet might be Anderlecht to lose, as they will finish 3rd whatever they do at Dortmund though Dortmund are only 1.3 to win. Worth a double on Liverpool, Dortmund and a smaller treble on those 2 and add in Olympiakos to beat Malmo.

Advert:

Seem to remember the same attitude last season at this stage, remind me where you finished?

Keep your powder dry that's what I say, especially relevant to Newcastle fans after September/October's embarrasing witch hunt against Pardew....

And what attitude would that be TP????? Commenting that one of your Reserves would fit in the Newcastle Reserves squad? And the witch hunt against Pardew was much like the ones you lot get regularly against your managers - they come from the minority.

I've gone for a Galatasary/Olympiakos/Basel treble tonight, I think Basel will beat Liverpool tonight quite comfortably.....

Not sure what you base that on, the Swiss league is hardly the best in Europe. Still, we will see, if you really have a psychic rush then get your money on Basel who are 10/1 to win 'quite comfortably' ie by more than 1 goal on Betfair. Then avoid Beechy for a few months.

I actually think Liverpool may get 3 or 4 goals tonight, and some may have noticed I am not their biggest fan.

Advert:

Shocking performance so far. Basel are decent enough but they shouldn't be in the ascendancy as much as they are. Coutinho and Lallana should be in the side. I'm starting to lose faith in Rogers - It's been his first real difficult spell as manager of the club and he's losing the plot.

Lambert looks completely lost in a Liverpool shirt.

Archived