onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

I admit, I did fancy Liverpool to turn Basel over last night. But I honestly couldn't believe how poor Liverpool were. They never looked liked scoring at all. How on earth he can play Joe Allen before Lallana and Coutinho is just crazy.. They desperately need "sick note" Sturridge to come back, or they'll be lucky to finish in top 6 or 7 this season..

Funny an Arsenal supporter calling a player "sick note" when half of your squad are on the treatment table every season and missing large chunks of it. :D

Still think Giroud is a better forward than Sturridge? :razz:

Advert

Funny an Arsenal supporter calling a player "sick note" when half of your squad are on the treatment table every season and missing large chunks of it. :D

Still think Giroud is a better forward than Sturridge? :razz:

But they still manage to compete in the top 4 season after season after season. Also another year through to the knockout stages. Though no doubt they'll get Munich, Barca or Madrid..

Sturridge isn't fit enough to lace Giroud's boots..:razz:

Basel were a good passing side who defended well, but never really came under much pressure until the last 10 mins.

Funny old game, with the 10 men of Liverpool almost snatching it at the death. I know it has been said a hundred times, but Suarez is a huge loss, and personally I don't rate Brendan Rodgers . No offence , Beechy.

Basel were a good passing side who defended well, but never really came under much pressure until the last 10 mins.

Funny old game, with the 10 men of Liverpool almost snatching it at the death. I know it has been said a hundred times, but Suarez is a huge loss, and personally I don't rate Brendan Rodgers . No offence , Beechy.

None taken. You're entitled to an opinion as everyone is here.

Suarez was a huge loss but it's not just him, it's Sturridge too. That's a lot of goals taken out of last season's side between them, and has also meant that teams now usually have two players marking Sterling, who's form has suffered because of it. When Luis and Daniel were in the same side teams were unable to man mark and double up on all three of them.

As for Rodgers, I still think he's an excellent young manager myself. A few poor months doesn't take anything away from the job he's done at Liverpool, and also the job he did at Swansea, up until this point. But at the moment he's under pressure and is making mistakes. If he's still in a job come January then he really needs to have a successful January transfer window.

Suarez was a huge loss but it's not just him, it's Sturridge too. That's a lot of goals taken out of last season's side between them,.

But it's not as if they haven't brought players in to repalce them, to score goals. Those players have by and large failed miserably and that has to be down to Rodgers..he chose them, he coaches them, he selects the team and tactics.

It's not like if Vale lost Pope and then had to scrap around for a free/cheap transfer to replace him..if that didn't work out then fine, the replacement is the best we could afford, but Rodgers had tens of millions to spend and they have by and large failed.

Liverpool should not be where they are and playing as badly as they are just cos they are without two players who were so good last season having spent so much to bring players in..this is Liverpool not Raggedy @r$e Rovers.

But it's not as if they haven't brought players in to repalce them, to score goals. Those players have by and large failed miserably and that has to be down to Rodgers..he chose them, he coaches them, he selects the team and tactics.

It's not like if Vale lost Pope and then had to scrap around for a free/cheap transfer to replace him..if that didn't work out then fine, the replacement is the best we could afford, but Rodgers had tens of millions to spend and they have by and large failed.

Liverpool should not be where they are and playing as badly as they are just cos they are without two players who were so good last season having spent so much to bring players in..this is Liverpool not Raggedy @r$e Rovers.

I've said before that Rodgers should have spent at least £50 million of the Suarez money on getting a top class striker. They have made the same mistake Spuds made when they sold Bale, buy six average players to replace on world class player. It doesn't work.

I've said before that Rodgers should have spent at least £50 million of the Suarez money on getting a top class striker. They have made the same mistake Spuds made when they sold Bale, buy six average players to replace on world class player. It doesn't work.

Try telling Beechy the Bin.

Yup

They were so good last season cos one world class player made the difference, so instead of getting in a world class replacement he 'strengthened' the squad by weakening the team.

lop;;;;;;0000000000009p

Oops my cat did that before I could start typing. Wants late lunch, fresh chicken, James Wellbeloved biscuits and Dreamies.

However, what I was about to post was that it seems an age since Vale played, and though of course people may post what threads they wish, this one seems to have gone on forever and I would love to see some Vale threads at the top of the Forum list. Terribly controversial, I know, but there you are.

now, time for M-cat's lunch.....

And tell me what 'top class striker' Rodgers should have bought for this 50 million? And be realistic, this isn't Football Manager. Give me a few examples? Pretty much anyone who would cost 50 million is already at a top club. Rodgers tried to get Sanchez and he tried to do a deal for Reus. It's not like he sat at his home thinking that the 4 million signing of Rickie Lambert was sufficient.

Archived