onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

True though..They just lost their main striker who was guaranteed 30-40 goals a season..Then they replace him with Ricky Lambert..:laugh:

A front 3 of Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana will cause anybody problems. And then there's the creativity of players like Coutinho and Markovic. Lambert will be used in some games from the start, in many he won't. He's a much better option to have on the bench than what we had last season. He's scored 29 goals in the last two seasons for Southampton, in a side that doesn't create anything like the chances that Liverpool have and will. But let's just ignore that little fact, eh? :rolleyes:

Advert

True though..They just lost their main striker who was guaranteed 30-40 goals a season..Then they replace him with Ricky Lambert..:laugh:

Also, to say that we replaced him with with Lambert is absolute nonsense. The Suarez money has allowed Rodgers to bring in Lallana, Markovic, Lambert and Can, all very good players who certainly make the squad stronger. I think Rodgers best buy this summer however has been Dejan Lovren, quite possibly the best centre-back in the league last season and the kind of leader that Liverpool were missing after Jamie Carragher retired. With him in the side Liverpool would have won the title last season.

Also, to say that we replaced him with with Lambert is absolute nonsense. The Suarez money has allowed Rodgers to bring in Lallana, Markovic, Lambert and Can, all very good players who certainly make the squad stronger. I think Rodgers best buy this summer however has been Dejan Lovren, quite possibly the best centre-back in the league last season and the kind of leader that Liverpool were missing after Jamie Carragher retired. With him in the side Liverpool would have won the title last season.

Or if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured then The Arsenal would of won the League..;)..But lets just ignore that little fact eh..:rolleyes:

Or if Rambo and Theo didn't get injured then The Arsenal would of won the League..;)..But lets just ignore that little fact eh..:rolleyes:

Arsenal's undoing is that they don't have enough leaders or winners in their side. When the chips are down and the going gets tough they fade away, just as they will this season as it currently stands. Having any of those two players in the side doesn't change this fact one bit.

Liverpool's undoing last season all in all was the defence, we let too many soft goals in. The signing of Lovren and soon to be Moreno will certainly help to eradicate this somewhat one would like to think.

No further comment on Sturridge? Other than the fact that he would walk into Arsenal's side for all of their attacking prowess?

Arsenal's undoing is that they don't have enough leaders or winners in their side. When the chips are down and the going gets tough they fade away, just as they will this season as it currently stands. Having any of those two players in the side doesn't change this fact one bit.

Liverpool's undoing last season all in all was the defence, we let too many soft goals in. The signing of Lovren and soon to be Moreno will certainly help to eradicate this somewhat one would like to think.

No further comment on Sturridge? Other than the fact that he would walk into Arsenal's side for all of their attacking prowess?

If you believe that about Sturridge walking into Arsenals side,then I've got nothing more to say.:rolleyes:.Mind you you said last season you wouldn't swop Coutinho for Ozil..:rolleyes:..Its that time of season I guess where all Liverpool fans think they're actually better than they are,and that theyre going win every League, and every cup going..

So we're now judging players on their 3 game performances in the World Cup? Give it a rest. Under Hodgson, England don't play anything like the same fluent and cohesive football as the likes of Sturridge and Sterling do at Liverpool every week. We have a very limited manager who's idea's expired years ago, whereas Brendan Rodgers is one of the brightest up and coming young managers in world football, one that knows how to get the best from attacking players like those mentioned above, and Suarez, who under Brendan went from a very gifted but inconsistent player to one of the worlds best.

On a different note, I have no idea why a few people think Liverpool won't suddenly challenge because they lost Saurez, despite showing numerous times last season that they could win games without him (and Gerrard) and win games in style. In Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho, Liverpool have three of the most promising and exciting young talents in the game, all three who can become genuinely world-class, and I honestly think in 12-18 months time I could also be able to add Jordan Ibe to that list, as like Sterling he will blossom under the guidance of Rodgers.

What have any of those players or the others achieved in their England careers under different managers?

On another point how many chances did Sturridge miss in the Costa Rica game yet his first chance against Dortmund bang. Or are those chances the fault of Hodgson?

The problem is you still have Johnson and Skrtel in your defence and Gerrard providing a cover. This will be your handicap this season.

The problem is you still have Johnson and Skrtel in your defence and Gerrard providing a cover. This will be your handicap this season.

It shows that you're perhaps basing your judgement on watching the odd game here and there, as Skrtel was absolutely outstanding in the 2nd half of the season for Liverpool and after Saurez and Sterling arguably our best player! There won't be a stronger partnership in the league than Skrtel and Lovren. Johnson can be a liability, everybody knows this, and Brendan Rodgers is far from stupid.

If you believe that about Sturridge walking into Arsenals side,then I've got nothing more to say.:rolleyes:.Mind you you said last season you wouldn't swop Coutinho for Ozil..:rolleyes:..Its that time of season I guess where all Liverpool fans think they're actually better than they are,and that theyre going win every League, and every cup going..

Coutinho was far better last season than Ozil, who at times after a good first few games barely looked a Championship player. It was his first season however and it's down to home this season to show what talent he does have. I wouldn't swap Coutinho for him based on their performances last season, not in a million years. Also, it's not just Arsenal he's been poor for as German fans have booed him off the field on a number occasions in the lead up to the World Cup.

And the fact that you seem to think the likes of Giroud, Podolski and Sanogo are better players than Sturridge say's that either you really are just trolling or you're about as bright as Forrest Gump. Can I have one of those chocolates?

What have any of those players or the others achieved in their England careers under different managers?

On another point how many chances did Sturridge miss in the Costa Rica game yet his first chance against Dortmund bang. Or are those chances the fault of Hodgson?

He misses chances for Liverpool too. So what? At times he has a tendency to over-complicate things as he's a flash kind of player, but he's still learning and this is something he can eradicate in his game for both Liverpool and England.

Hodgson is a toss manager at the highest level who has absolutely no idea what to do with a side that actually has a lot of attacking power and potential in players like Sterling, Sturridge, Rooney, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana and Barkley.

Well with the squad been so much stronger than last year, especially now you say you've got possibly the best centre back in the league, and possibly world class players in Coutinho and Sturridge,then theirs no reason why Liverpool cant win the Premier League then eh??Because surely with the players youve got, anything less than top is failure surely..

Well with the squad been so much stronger than last year, especially now you say you've got possibly the best centre back in the league, and possibly world class players in Coutinho and Sturridge,then theirs no reason why Liverpool cant win the Premier League then eh??Because surely with the players youve got, anything less than top is failure surely..

I haven't said anything like that we're certainties to win the title, only that despite losing Saurez, Liverpool now have a much bigger and stronger squad with at least two players fighting for the same position and that I believe they will be right up there again.

Mignolet/Reina or Jones

Manquilo/Johnson/Flanagan

Lovren/Agger

Skrtel/Sakho

Moreno/Enrique

Gerrard/Lucas

Henderson/Can

Coutinho/Allen

Sterling/Ibe

Lallana/Markovic

Sturridge/Lambert

I expect the likes of Assaidi, Aspas and Borini to leave and another forward to come in. The again, why am I even trying to have a decent debate with somebody who think Oliver Giroud is a better option than Daniel Sturridge? :rolleyes:

I haven't said anything like that we're certainties to win the title, only that despite losing Saurez, Liverpool now have a much bigger and stronger squad with at least two players fighting for the same position and that I believe they will be right up there again.

Mignolet/Reina or Jones

Manquilo/Johnson/Flanagan

Lovren/Agger

Skrtel/Sakho

Moreno/Enrique

Gerrard/Lucas

Henderson/Can

Coutinho/Allen

Sterling/Ibe

Lallana/Markovic

Sturridge/Lambert

I expect the likes of Assaidi, Aspas and Borini to leave and another forward to come in. The again, why am I even trying to have a decent debate with somebody who think Oliver Giroud is a better option than Daniel Sturridge? :rolleyes:

Reina left last week! ;)

Looking at that squad it's midfield 6 where you will struggle.

Reina left last week! ;)

Looking at that squad it's midfield 6 where you will struggle.

Has his move to Bayern all been finalized then? Fair enough if so.

I think we're absolutely fine in midfield myself. Lucas has been a very good servant to the club after a dodgy first season, Can must have something about him as Bayern wanted to bring him back to the club and be part of their squad and Joe Allen's a good, tidy player that would be in the starting 11 of many sides in the league. That's not bad back-up whatsoever.

He still has his doubters but I'm expecting a big season from Jordan Henderson. He's improving all the time under Rodgers and with his engine and ability to time runs into the box there's no reason at all he shouldn't be aiming for double figures. He's scored a fair few in pre-season and I think he's on the verge of becoming a very good player and one that gets double figures every season as Gerrard and Lampard did for so many years, but not quite on their level.

Archived