onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

i take no interest at all in the Prem league - other than Stoke losing.

Its a world-wide Sky Product rather than a football league and it will remain so because no-one has the bottle to run it the same as the German's run theirs. Instead they just come up with ***** like Dyke's attempt to kill traditional football altogether.

I really really hope there is something that's currently off the radar that could instill a huge fall in Sky's profits via a mass desertion of advertisers. No chance I know, but its what football needs if we are to get back to any chance of England ever producing a World Cup winning team.

BT Sport have at least provided some competition.

Advert

Until the day comes where the Premier League start caring about the national team, I won't care about them. The likes of Arsene Wenger have been the worst thing that could have happened to the national team. Too interested in buying rubbish from abroad to care about developing English players. And no, buying 3 players from Southampton (a team that does care about developing players) doesn't count as a decent policy towards English talent.

I'm struggling to think of a top team that make a consistent effort to bring through top English talent. The closest I can think of are Man United and Everton, both at a push.

Until the day comes where the Premier League start caring about the national team, I won't care about them. The likes of Arsene Wenger have been the worst thing that could have happened to the national team. Too interested in buying rubbish from abroad to care about developing English players. And no, buying 3 players from Southampton (a team that does care about developing players) doesn't count as a decent policy towards English talent.

I'm struggling to think of a top team that make a consistent effort to bring through top English talent. The closest I can think of are Man United and Everton, both at a push.

Not one team care less about the England team and why should they when the players don't. Sturridge sums it up perfectly for me. Couldn't hit a cows bum with a banjo in the World Cup aside from his tap-in and yet is in scintillating form for Liverpool in a crap friendly yesterday. Henderson and Gerrard also looked good in a game that had no meaning and Sterling was beating people at will. Christ Johnson actually looked like he could pass for a conference player yesterday and yet when these players put on a shirt that should mean more they are crap at best and diabolical at worst. Only using Liverpool as an example as I saw their game last night, could have been anyone of the crap that put on a white shirt in the summer to be honest.

Equally most Vale fans and fans of any pro club (me included) would also choose club success over international success in football so I don't see that managers are doing anything wrong other than giving the fans what they want.

The national team is what everyone should be striving to improve,the World Cup is the ultimate prize in football and should be everyone's target but as long as the money keeps rolling in to the PL nobody will give a ****.

Arsenal,Man.City and the like have no affinity to the English team.

Not one team care less about the England team and why should they when the players don't. Sturridge sums it up perfectly for me. Couldn't hit a cows bum with a banjo in the World Cup aside from his tap-in and yet is in scintillating form for Liverpool in a crap friendly yesterday. Henderson and Gerrard also looked good in a game that had no meaning and Sterling was beating people at will. Christ Johnson actually looked like he could pass for a conference player yesterday and yet when these players put on a shirt that should mean more they are crap at best and diabolical at worst. Only using Liverpool as an example as I saw their game last night, could have been anyone of the crap that put on a white shirt in the summer to be honest.

Equally most Vale fans and fans of any pro club (me included) would also choose club success over international success in football so I don't see that managers are doing anything wrong other than giving the fans what they want.

So we're now judging players on their 3 game performances in the World Cup? Give it a rest. Under Hodgson, England don't play anything like the same fluent and cohesive football as the likes of Sturridge and Sterling do at Liverpool every week. We have a very limited manager who's idea's expired years ago, whereas Brendan Rodgers is one of the brightest up and coming young managers in world football, one that knows how to get the best from attacking players like those mentioned above, and Suarez, who under Brendan went from a very gifted but inconsistent player to one of the worlds best.

On a different note, I have no idea why a few people think Liverpool won't suddenly challenge because they lost Saurez, despite showing numerous times last season that they could win games without him (and Gerrard) and win games in style. In Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho, Liverpool have three of the most promising and exciting young talents in the game, all three who can become genuinely world-class, and I honestly think in 12-18 months time I could also be able to add Jordan Ibe to that list, as like Sterling he will blossom under the guidance of Rodgers.

The national team is what everyone should be striving to improve,the World Cup is the ultimate prize in football and should be everyone's target but as long as the money keeps rolling in to the PL nobody will give a ****.

Arsenal,Man.City and the like have no affinity to the English team.

could be argued that CL is more competitive, of a higher standard and harder to win

In the 70s we could not even qualify for a WC

So we're now judging players on their 3 game performances in the World Cup? Give it a rest. Under Hodgson, England don't play anything like the same fluent and cohesive football as the likes of Sturridge and Sterling do at Liverpool every week. We have a very limited manager who's idea's expired years ago, whereas Brendan Rodgers is one of the brightest up and coming young managers in world football, one that knows how to get the best from attacking players like those mentioned above, and Suarez, who under Brendan went from a very gifted but inconsistent player to one of the worlds best.

On a different note, I have no idea why a few people think Liverpool won't suddenly challenge because they lost Saurez, despite showing numerous times last season that they could win games without him (and Gerrard) and win games in style. In Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho, Liverpool have three of the most promising and exciting young talents in the game, all three who can become genuinely world-class, and I honestly think in 12-18 months time I could also be able to add Jordan Ibe to that list, as like Sterling he will blossom under the guidance of Rodgers.

Liverpool wont get a better chance than last season of lifting the Premier league..Losing Suarez is a massive massive blow to Liverpool..And to say you think Sturridge can become World class is just insane..

Liverpool wont get a better chance than last season of lifting the Premier league..Losing Suarez is a massive massive blow to Liverpool..And to say you think Sturridge can become World class is just insane..

Other than the fact that you can't stand Liverpool, how is that insane any shape or form? I think his Liverpool record of 35 goals in 49 games (a lot of them scored by himself out of nothing) could already be considered world-class. But I suppose you will tell me that they were all down to Luis Saurez, even when he wasn't actually in the starting 11. :rolleyes:

I see Chelsea winning it, with Liverpool and Man Utd close behind.

They'll definitely improve but I really don't see United challenging. They badly need at least a couple of top defenders as none of their current CB's in Evans, Smalling and Jones are good enough for a club like United. If they are to play a 3-5-2 formation this season with those three at the back then a lot of the better sides will have a field day against them. I think United fans should be happy to finish in the top 5 or 6 this season.

They'll definitely improve but I really don't see United challenging. They badly need at least a couple of top defenders as none of their current CB's in Evans, Smalling and Jones are good enough for a club like United. If they are to play a 3-5-2 formation this season with those three at the back then a lot of the better sides will have a field day against them. I think United fans should be happy to finish in the top 5 or 6 this season.

I would say the same about Liverpool been happy with top 5 or 6 finish..

Archived