onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PL 2015/16 - Favourites? Plus my Liverpool...

TylerB

It's going to be a very interesting season I think, with at least 4 clubs having a good change of winning the Premier League. Starting with the champions Man City, they've made decent additions so far but I think they already have a very strong squad obviously anyway. Stefan Jovetic could be like a new signing for them if he stays clear of injury, he's looking sharp in pre-season and is a player with bags of ability. Chelsea have also made sensible if somewhat uninspiring signings but they will always challenge under Mourinho. I'm not sure how good Costa is though, he only became world-class last season and had a very dissapointing World-Cup. He's certainly a better option than the likes of Torres and Ba that they had last season though. Glad to see Cesc Fabregas back playing over here - Have always loved watching him play.

Arsenal have probably made the most exciting signing of the summer in regards to British clubs in the signing of Alexis Sanchez. I was gutted that Liverpool couldn't get him included in the Suarez sale, but the player clearly wanted to live in London. If they can also sign someone like Samit Khedira who they have been strongly linked with to replace the slow and cumbersome Mikel Arteta I think they'll have as good a chance as anyone else this season. And some will probably disagree but I also think Liverpool, despite losing Suarez, will also be right up there. I watched a friendly vs Man City in the early hours of this morning (which finished 2-2 and Liverpool won on penalties) and I believe the likes of Sterling (he tore City a new hole when coming on at half-time) and Sturridge will be even better this season. Llalana, Markovic and Lovren are all good additions and keep an eye out for the lesser known Emre Can, who I think will surprise a lot of people this season.

As for United, I think LVG (who is a great addition to the league in my opinion) will make them a force once again but perhaps not this season. With the likes of Rooney, Van Persie and Mata they can beat anyone on their day but they really need at last a couple of top defenders as the likes of Smalling, Evans and to a lesser extent Phil Jones just don't cut it.

Advert

I think by March it will be City and Chelsea fighting it out. I also think Chelsea will nick it

Yeah, I would say these two are slight favourites myself. If Arsenal are to challenge throughout the season then they really have to start beating the other big teams, even if it's only at the Emirates. They're record against the top clubs last season was pretty shocking and is something they definitely need to address.

I dont see how you can say man city have made decent additions and then call Chelsea's signings uninspiring.

For me it will be out of three teams at this moment in time, Chelsea, City and Arsenal, with Arsenal probably falling away.

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

United

I think United will do decent simply because of van gaal, he is an outstanding manager and i expect some decent signings still to come from them. If Arsenal can sign those that they are rumoured to be in for then it could be a very close season. Liverpool imo look weaker than last season, Suarez was everything, even with some good signings, Lallana one even though majorly overpriced I think they will be fighting it out with United for 4th.

I dont see how you can say man city have made decent additions and then call Chelsea's signings uninspiring.

For me it will be out of three teams at this moment in time, Chelsea, City and Arsenal, with Arsenal probably falling away.

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

United

I think United will do decent simply because of van gaal, he is an outstanding manager and i expect some decent signings still to come from them. If Arsenal can sign those that they are rumoured to be in for then it could be a very close season. Liverpool imo look weaker than last season, Suarez was everything, even with some good signings, Lallana one even though majorly overpriced I think they will be fighting it out with United for 4th.

It's so easy to come up with that assumption as Luis Saurez is one of the best players in the world, probably only behind Messi and Ronaldo. But the facts are that Luis missed a number of games last season and yet Liverpool still won plenty of games without him, and Sturridge actually has a better goals to games ratio without Saurez in the starting 11.

Whether the likes of Lambert, Llalana and Markovic can replace his 30 odd goals between them remains to be seen, but Liverpool have a much stronger squad for this upcoming season and can almost field two 11's, which I'll do below so that you can see it's not just me trying to bloke smoke up your ****! :D

Mignolet

Moreno (Highly-rated full-back about to sign for 20 million from Sevilla)

Skrtel

Lovren

Enrique

Gerrard

Henderson

Coutinho

Llalana

Sterling

Sturridge

2nd Eleven -

Reina

Johnson

Agger

Sakho

Flanagan

Allen

Lucas

Can

Markovic

Borini

Lambert

I think the second 11 would finish mid-table comfortably. Liverpool have a much stronger squad of players this season despite the sale of Saurez, and obviously they'll need it with playing Champions League football again.

It's so easy to come up with that assumption as Luis Saurez is one of the best players in the world, probably only behind Messi and Ronaldo. But the facts are that Luis missed a number of games last season and yet Liverpool still won plenty of games without him, and Sturridge actually has a better goals to games ratio without Saurez in the starting 11.

Whether the likes of Lambert, Llalana and Markovic can replace his 30 odd goals between them remains to be seen, but Liverpool have a much stronger squad for this upcoming season and can almost field two 11's, which I'll do below so that you can see it's not just me trying to bloke smoke up your ****! :D

Mignolet

Moreno (Highly-rated full-back about to sign for 20 million from Sevilla)

Skrtel

Lovren

Enrique

Gerrard

Henderson

Coutinho

Llalana

Sterling

Sturridge

2nd Eleven -

Reina

Johnson

Agger

Sakho

Flanagan

Allen

Lucas

Can

Markovic

Borini

Lambert

I think the second 11 would finish mid-table comfortably. Liverpool have a much stronger squad of players this season despite the sale of Saurez, and obviously they'll need it with playing Champions League football again.

Bringing in good players is not the whole job done. If the 11s are as you say they are most of last seasons starting 11 is now in your second 11. That's really going to carry forward the squad harmony and teamwork from last season.

Bringing in good players is not the whole job done. If the 11s are as you say they are most of last seasons starting 11 is now in your second 11. That's really going to carry forward the squad harmony and teamwork from last season.

Over-exaggeration much? In that first 11, 7 were regular starters last season, and Enrique would have been if he hadn't of been injured. That would make 8.

Llalana is a direct replacament for Saurez, although not on his level obviously. That leaves Lovren and Moreno, who are better choices than Agger (great player but never seems 100% fit) and Johnson, who most people insist is the weak link in the side.

You're talking nonsense.

Putting my Mystic Meg hat on and looking way ahead to 2015/16 I see Spurs challenging for top 4 and Man U at the top

Man U

City

Spurs

Chelsea

Spurs, really?

At the moment I would put Everton and possibly even Newcastle ahead of them.

14/15

I don't think Liverpool will miss Suarez as much a people might think..they'll adapt. Biggest impact will be the CL

i can see Citeh focussing on CL

As to Man U..depends on whether they can overcome the reasons why they struggled so much last season. Main weakness last season was the defence plus the loss of the Fergie factor..I don't think they will make top 4

Chelsea

Citeh

Liverpool

Arsenal

Archived