onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dyke spouting his guff again

vallyunt

Dyke wants to get a grip of Richard Scudamore and his all-powerful self-interested mates in the Premier League who are slowly destroying our international and lower league teams.They have no desire to improve anything apart from lining their own pockets at the expense of everyone else.

Advert

I accept what you're say as at first I thought exactly the same. Maybe the world cup has changed my mind.

But we as England fans can't sit and moan about it if we aren't willing to change as well as the football authorities.

I've not moaned about the England team, we went out there and we got beat. How about limiting the number of non UK or English players in a Premier or Football League squad to say 7, that way you'll have a good number of English players throughout the leagues and plenty to choose from. Why should we suffer or anyone else for that matter having to watch Hull reserves, football as we know it would become a non spectacle.

I've not moaned about the England team, we went out there and we got beat. How about limiting the number of non UK or English players in a Premier or Football League squad to say 7, that way you'll have a good number of English players throughout the leagues and plenty to choose from. Why should we suffer or anyone else for that matter having to watch Hull reserves, football as we know it would become a non spectacle.

The thing is limiting the number of non UK players is well beyond achievable now. It simply won't and probably couldn't be done now.

Greg dyke, is trying to find ways of getting English kids a competitive game of professional football.

This idea may not be the idea to do It by looks of it

Anybody suggesting that allowing prem b teams anywhere near any pro league or non lge in this country needs to give their head a wobble . B teams will finish football in this country if allowed in end of . I would rather play macc town than Liverpool res ta very much . B teams are not the answer to reviving English fortunes on the world stage . Better coaching and first team football in the prem , instead of being paid 20k a week from 16 yo to rot in Chelsea / a n other reserves .

If clubs want to stock pile English players then let them pay their stupid wages whilst playing for a loan club , maybe then the players will get a game and the club borrowing said players won't have to worry about funding the move .

England has needed better coaching for a long time and I think it's getting there, certainly at youth level. Our u17 team won the latest euro championship so there's something good happening at that level. But once they reach 18/19 they aren't getting proper game time. The loan system is flawed. It's not utilised by enough clubs. So we have players from age 17 until 22 for example playing reserve football with the odd month on loan, so by that time any promise they showed is all but gone and we have another talent working in asda.

Maybe the home grown rule that is there to help the English players actually hinders them by not being tough enough. As long as the top 8/9 clubs that have Euro football or title ambitions can stockpile players to meet rules and regulations without having to play them means that their value is artificially high and b, they do not play. Surely, you need to do one of two things, either remove the rules, if these players are good enough the lower teams will buy them and they will reach the standard that they expect to but not as 18 year olds Alternatively, enforce the rules that mean 6 english players need to be on the pitch at all times.. we are now in a halfway house which aims to help within the rules of the land, but is making the problem worse.

As for b teams, i have no issue, as long as players cannot move from B team to parent team mid season and the team has to be made up of x British players at all times..

For one thing the dates of the traditional Saturday game would have to change or else how would away "fans" actually support their reserve side. More to the point would they? After forking out there hard earned dough on the first team which in the Premier league costs an arm and a leg, Dyke then expects the supporters to follow their B team as well. I think not, so the home gate, which clubs rely on, will virtually contain no away supporters, a disinterested home based support due to no atmosphere.

This plan will be the death of the football league and neither should it be inflicted on the Conference either.

Support will dwindle, clubs will die all at the expense of the National team. Quite frankly I would sooner the national team died than this potty idea go any further.

when will someone grow a pair and and start restricting the number of foreign players in our game. 33%home grown players in our top league is ridiculous.

They also need to look at how many clubs are now foreign owned. These owners dont care about the national team, they're all chasing the ££££'s so will inevitably buy the best players from around the globe.

Look at Chelsea, Lampard and Cole have left but I dont see the young english players they have on their books replacing them, they've just gone out and bought more foreign players.

Staying in the PL is so financially important now to clubs that teams are scared/reluctant to play any good young talent coming through other than the odd exception. Sure they'll send them out on loan to lower league teams to gain experience but when they return to their clubs they still sit on the bench/play reserve football.

Also, how many managers are actually english in the greed is good league?. I count 5 (Allardyce, Pearson, Dytche, Pardew, Redknapp?). Where is the incentive for our english coaches as they know they will never get a crack at any of the top jobs. ( a la Tim Sherwood). Our national game is now so far behind other leading nations they I doubt I will see a successful national time again in my lifetime.

None of our players are prepared to test themselves abroad to further their footballing education, perhaps they are being paid to much by their clubs to even contemplate it. Look at the Belgian squad for the WC. There are 12 of that squad who play in the PL.

Why is it always the lower league clubs who have to suffer because of the inept way our governing bodies have allowed our game to develop the last 15 years or so.

anyway, rant over, its going to be sunny tomorrow :D

the English national team will only benefit from that.

How will they, how many of the current crap squad aside from Smalling who has proven he is truly crap and should never have been on the plane have played non-league football?

Truly disgusting idea and rightly acknowledged as such by supporters. That guy is so out of touch.

How will they, how many of the current crap squad aside from Smalling who has proven he is truly crap and should never have been on the plane have played non-league football?

Truly disgusting idea and rightly acknowledged as such by supporters. That guy is so out of touch.

The point of the Idea is to give them experience of competitive football. Not reserve league where they play against equally as demotivated lads for not gain at all.

If they as a team prove themselves against real men in the lower league then good for them and also the English national team.

I don't think It's the best idea but we have to start somewhere.

I have been banging on about our lads playing abroad for years! But the money in our game has killed the ambition of our lads. Thomas Ince turned down Inter Milan for hull..says it all! so for me it's the players mentality we need to change along with the money young lads can earn.

when will someone grow a pair and and start restricting the number of foreign players in our game. 33%home grown players in our top league is ridiculous.

They also need to look at how many clubs are now foreign owned. These owners dont care about the national team, they're all chasing the ££££'s so will inevitably buy the best players from around the globe.

Look at Chelsea, Lampard and Cole have left but I dont see the young english players they have on their books replacing them, they've just gone out and bought more foreign players.

Staying in the PL is so financially important now to clubs that teams are scared/reluctant to play any good young talent coming through other than the odd exception. Sure they'll send them out on loan to lower league teams to gain experience but when they return to their clubs they still sit on the bench/play reserve football.

Also, how many managers are actually english in the greed is good league?. I count 5 (Allardyce, Pearson, Dytche, Pardew, Redknapp?). Where is the incentive for our english coaches as they know they will never get a crack at any of the top jobs. ( a la Tim Sherwood). Our national game is now so far behind other leading nations they I doubt I will see a successful national time again in my lifetime.

None of our players are prepared to test themselves abroad to further their footballing education, perhaps they are being paid to much by their clubs to even contemplate it. Look at the Belgian squad for the WC. There are 12 of that squad who play in the PL.

Why is it always the lower league clubs who have to suffer because of the inept way our governing bodies have allowed our game to develop the last 15 years or so.

anyway, rant over, its going to be sunny tomorrow :D

It's too far gone now. The PL wouldn't go for It and neither would the players.

It's ridiculous it's got to 33% English players, the only way out of that Is to increase the quality of the English players.

For one thing the dates of the traditional Saturday game would have to change or else how would away "fans" actually support their reserve side. More to the point would they? After forking out there hard earned dough on the first team which in the Premier league costs an arm and a leg, Dyke then expects the supporters to follow their B team as well. I think not, so the home gate, which clubs rely on, will virtually contain no away supporters, a disinterested home based support due to no atmosphere.

This plan will be the death of the football league and neither should it be inflicted on the Conference either.

Support will dwindle, clubs will die all at the expense of the National team. Quite frankly I would sooner the national team died than this potty idea go any further.

Regarding away b team support its probably a real stumbling block. But I think for teams like man u and Liverpool, they could sustain 2 league clubs with their support. Especially with the amount of fans that dont live in those cities. Would they support the b team? Probably not but I think a good few would. And I'd think more liverpool b team fans would turn up than accy fans

The only way to improve and develop young English talent is for them to be playing for the top teams at the highest club level domestically and in Europe on a consistent basis and this means a restriction and quota system on foreign born players in the English professional game. Greg Dyke has no basis for the nonsense he's spouting, young English top talent isn't going to be developed playing conference/lge 2 football or sitting on the bench watching foreigners play in the EPL/CL.

Most if not all of the the top quality English born players from the last 40 years have either been at or recruited by the top clubs from a young age and played in their first teams on a regular basis not in a B team languishing in the Conference/lge 2. It's no surprise the demise of the National teams of Scotland, Wales and NI coincides with the influx of foreign players into the EPL.

Whilst I agree the B team idea devalues the football league, something needs to change. What would people's solutions be? Some of the ideas in his original paper were very good in my opinion, it's just a shame that all the press coverage focused solely on the b team idea.

An obvious problem is the lack of English players playing regular football. Look at stoke, QPR, WBA Newcastle etc, how many young English players do they have in their starting XI? Sadly finishing 4th bottom of the prem is of a higher priority than developing our own players. The problem is deepening though. Look at the list of players signed by charlton, Leeds & Watford this summer. How many English lads have they signed?

Archived