onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf

valiant_593

Advert

You my friend are dreaming. It would be great to reach these figures but I really cannot see it.

I was hoping someone would know what attendance figure Smurf was working on so we could see if there would an increase in the number, so that we might know around Christmas if there could be extra money in the pot to fund new signings if we were close to the play off zone.

You my friend are dreaming. It would be great to reach these figures but I really cannot see it.

I was hoping someone would know what attendance figure Smurf was working on so we could see if there would an increase in the number, so that we might know around Christmas if there could be extra money in the pot to fund new signings if we were close to the play off zone.

Wouldn't that be self explanatory? If we are doing well attendance s will be up anyway

That was swelled massively by Wolves who aren't there anymore' date=' Cov who won't bring the same following - lucky if they bring half what they did and a ST support of 1,300 more.[/quote']

We've got a better side (on paper) than we had last season in a weaker division. Coventry will bring 2,000 minimum as a return to The Ricoh is very much on the cards, and we've got the likes of Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield United (Boxing Day!!), Bradford, Crewe, Walsall, Preston etc.. who will bring decent figures and we've lost the likes of Carlisle and Stevenage. With a good start, we could easily maintain 6,000 average home attendances. With a decent average away support of 800-1000, surely we could get 4,750-5,000 home fans a game? Disappointing if not.

We've got a better side (on paper) than we had last season in a weaker division. Coventry will bring 2,000 minimum as a return to The Ricoh is very much on the cards, and we've got the likes of Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield United (Boxing Day!!), Bradford, Crewe, Walsall, Preston etc.. who will bring decent figures and we've lost the likes of Carlisle and Stevenage. With a good start, we could easily maintain 6,000 average home attendances. With a decent average away support of 800-1000, surely we could get 4,750-5,000 home fans a game? Disappointing if not.

I think we will be averaging around 5,500-5,700ish in the up and coming season to be honest. That's based on the fall in Season ticket sales from last season, the departure of Wolves and possibility that Coventry won't bring the 3,000+ they did last season.

However, in saying that, people are easily forgetting we had a spell around 8-10 years ago when we were only averaging 4,500 attendances during our previous spell in League One.

So yes, whilst the reduction in ST sales being down by 1,300 compared to the previous season is of course disappointing, it's not a disaster in the grand scheme of things when you recall that we were only shifting circa 2,500 Season tickets per season during our previous stint in League One a decade ago.

You can probably argue that from the list you mentioned, only Sheffield United on Boxing Day and maybe Coventry are capable of brining more than 2,000 fans to Vale Park. Most of the others you mentioned will bring between 1,000-1,500 which still isn't a bad effort to be fair.

Archived