onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does today mean...

boltonsno1

Advert

Actually, Glenn has always been very kind to me, helping me out in every way he could. Helping me getting signed shirts etc abroad. So not a bad word about him from me!

Here in Denmark, we have a saying about being graceful in defeat, as well as in victory...

Why kick people who are already down?

I'm all for change and Mo and all that, but some of the talk on here, just seem vindictive and I really don't like that!

Why not just be happy that it seems like we are winning the battle and enjoy that?

Of all the directors Oliver winds me up the most, all the others stumble along but Oliver seems to take great delight in rubbishing the fans, the very people he harranged to buy shares to make a difference, he really is a piece of work and I hope he gets all he deserves,if it was left to him I would not step foot in Vale Park again so I will never forgive him for the mess the Vale are in now

Think you will be fighting a losing battle if you expect anything approaching gracefulness from the more outspoken ones on here, Danish.

I agree it's time for a fresh start at Vale Park but I have found the level of abuse on here to be totally unacceptable at times, and when one or two so-called moderators are among the worst exponents, I think that is a travesty of the word moderating.

Of course, most of the mods are fine, upstanding people!

The way he used to talk to people on here was a disgrace. Some of the stuff directed at him was unfair, but he could never leave it, he would always respond and make himself look just as bad - and he really did appear to have a very nasty streak. Even as doddering and hopeless as they've been, I was always shocked that the rest of the board didn't insist that he stopped posting on here, it did far more damage than good.

Think you will be fighting a losing battle if you expect anything approaching gracefulness from the more outspoken ones on here, Danish.

I agree it's time for a fresh start at Vale Park but I have found the level of abuse on here to be totally unacceptable at times, and when one or two so-called moderators are among the worst exponents, I think that is a travesty of the word moderating.

Of course, most of the mods are fine, upstanding people!

I agree. At times the language and abuse has been hair curling. Lucky I got very little then. I admit to going OTT mesen at times. However, the MODS (respect) do have other lives. How can you police AND enforce on a site like this 24/7? Impossible. Look at the home page and the "report abuse" and the sticky "announcement". OVF have and will do all that they REASONABLY can to keep this a respectable debating forum for all things VALE and other stuff too.

I suggest one donates a bit more to OVF's costs. And chill the toot out mate.

Actually, Glenn has always been very kind to me, helping me out in every way he could. Helping me getting signed shirts etc abroad. So not a bad word about him from me!

Here in Denmark, we have a saying about being graceful in defeat, as well as in victory...

Why kick people who are already down?

I'm all for change and Mo and all that, but some of the talk on here, just seem vindictive and I really don't like that!

Why not just be happy that it seems like we are winning the battle and enjoy that?

Very, very wise words.

In the early V2001 years and since Glenn has always taken time to assist this exile which, in turn, maximised my Port Vale experience. Conversely Glenn and I have had some robust differences of opinion, but not once did those differences descend into name-calling or abuse.

Still, what's done is done and, echoing the sentiment above, I agree there's no point 'kicking a man when he's down'

Archived