onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Whats Going On?

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Do you think Mo would have made such a gaffe of such magnitude. Something is seriously wrong here. Root and branch was the only good thing Sinnot said. Get on with the cull instead of putting up with the present lot.

To be fair I really liked Mo and particularly Kevin but he had two clear chances and failed to take them.

After yesterdays revelations about the "Lifers" season tickets being cancelled, i have asked myself the question all day long.

I am truly baffled by the decision and i can only presume it is finance orientated.

Like others have stated, its 4k a year extra income.

When compared to players and staffs salary this pails into significance.

I was and still am a Norman Smurthwaite fan. I feel he has done some great things for our club by my oh my, when he gets one wrong he seems to get it wrong big style. And here we go again.

His petty outburst last week in reply to a thread on here was unprofessional at very best. Why he gets embroiled, i do not know.

However, his silence is deafening towards the cancellation of the lifers season tickets.

These are people who are the heart and soul of Port Vale Football Club.

They were there long before him.

They will be there long after him.

100+ people and i would half understand. But 15? Come on Norman. Get a grip man.

At a time when we should be really looking forward to the new season he goes and alienates supporters again. I really arent sure whether it is his arrogance, his pettiness, or a business decision.

If its the latter, we have huge problems and questions need to be answered.

It seems that season upon season we havent a pot to **** in. New chairman, same cry for folk to turn out and then the moans and groans when we dont meet their expectations.

I have said on many occasions that it seems he hasnt done his research. We rarely got 4000 season ticket holders when we were in the championship without a premier league club down the road, so where is the proof we should be getting that now?

There is growing concern amongst supporters i speak to about his actions. They are mind boggling. At a time when we should be "Building the Buzz" it seems Mr. Smurthwaite is determined to put a dampener on all things Port Vale.

Im all for being realistic but the man is borderline suicidal with some of his comments.

Its come to a point where im dumbfounded as to whats going on. I cant make head nor tail of his actions over these season tickets. I also dont understand how other clubs with half our gates can thrive and move forward, yet little Port. Vale who averaged 6500 last season, and dont exactly charge a bag of sweets to enter each week, are skint yet again it seems.

Something is fundamentally wrong at the club. Without a doubt.

But its little things i think we miss out on.

We have 13000 empty seats each week and this man denies 15 people who put their money, time and effort into saving our club, a season ticket for life.

The gesture should stay. Its such an awful decision.

Our ten game season ticket kicks in. Norman, il tell you now, you wont get 100 people on it. Why? Theres no incentive. It still works out around 19 quid a game! You can get a ticket next year for 21 quid in advance. Wow. Big saving that is! Miss one of the ten and you arent gaining anything!

Why didnt we get it at 150 quid a game and get a huge marketing campaign going. With anyone who bought one at that price entering a draw at christmas with the chance to win a ST next year?

Remember Mike Aldridge and the target 5000 campaign? Huge success.

Unfortunately without marketing and a decent price these will not sell.

Its a lack of knowledge for the customer base that is severely lacking but more importantly its Norman Smurthwaites ignorance and distain towards his supporters, his loyalest of supporters which stinks for me.

So Norman, should you read this, let me tell you that after months and months of backing you over most things, im disgusted and dismayed with your recent actions and whilst i should be buzzing for the new season, buying the new shirt, spending money i shouldnt in the club shop, you have (and not for the first time) made me feel no excitement whatsoever for the coming season.

And i would put my life on it that im not the only one.

Sort it. And quick. Get someone in to do your PR work as, quite frankly, youre way out of your depth regarding your communication, and more worringly after what ive read about the lifers season tickets, your even further out of your depth regarding decision making for my football club.

If your that hard up for 4k a year, we may as well pack in now.

Paul Machin.

Can this be moved in to the other thread on this?

Some great posts on this thread, my own views are that the scrotes should never have made this offer in the first place, .

This whole situation and thread is making me very sad and disappointed. It seems that conflict and bad feeling is endemic at Port Vale, and nothing ever runs well lately - and I have always posted that we should be positive, look for the best, and support the club and those who run it, manage it and play for it.

This needs resolving and quickly - and the last thing it needs is some horrific gesture to boycott games or take action against the club, but also the chairman cannot and must not ignore the bad feeling the policy has caused.

Firstly, it is not right to blame previous regimes for introducing lifetime season tickets, mainly based on other poor decisions they made. In principle, a lifetime season ticket is a good idea - but the error was in not making sure that it was legally binding regardless of changes of ownership or administration etc. It should have been made a legal requirement that if someone took over the club, they also took over 15 people who had lifetime membership.

We need a way out - and nobody to lose face. So how about Norman giving the 'lifers' 2 things - firstly, free entry to all Vale FA Cup, League (Carling) Cup and JPT home games for life if possible but certainly for the next few seasons. This may be not worth a lot, or it could prove a boon if we draw Manchester United or Stoke - but if we do the club will have such a lot of income from the game(s) they won't miss a few paying customers who deserve a treat. Secondly, if they renew with normal season tickets, make them half price for a year and throw in free programmes.

Some will delight in mocking this idea, but it would show that the club care.

Please give this some thought Norman, as the sooner this episode is closed the better for everyone.

It would have been a good idea to at least try to get it written into the 'takeover' that these tickets had to be honoured; maybe it was tried?

It would be a great piece of PR for the club to compensate these people in some way for what they have lost..even if something at no cost to the club

why is this club such a poisoned chalice?

the cancellation of these tickets is extremely bad PR and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth,

I was a massive supporter of mo and kevin in particular but they had their chance and the water has passed under the bridge

I was all set to get 10 match ticket and probably still will but it will be reluctantly through gritted teeth I have no buzz about the coming season only negative thoughts at the moment which is mostly fed by the actions of our owner and chairman

Archived