Ryan McGivern

valiant_593

Advert:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advert:

I don't care if he was Hibs' worst player. It's what he does for Vale that counts. I hope people don't pre-judge him on what he did for his former club and give him a chance to actually show what he can do in a Port Vale shirt first.

After all, Darlington fans told us over and over again what a poor player Akpo Sodje was for them while there was a similar feeling from Wycombe about Billy Knott, yet that pair did pretty well for us...

Rob,

Whilst I agree entirely with what you''re saying, it's human nature for football supporters to go rooting through social media trying to find out any little bits of information that they can when a player is signed. I've never been a fan of doing it myself as I fully believe that all players deserve to start the season with a clean slate (even those from last season) because it'd be incredibly unfair to judge somebody based on their performances in a different league, with a different manager, different training methods, different tactics etc... I'm sure (after a MA Pre-Season schedule) that McGivern will be in the best physical condition of his career as I dare say the training regimes during his time at his previous clubs won't be on the same level as Micky's. Some players need a change of scenery to get them going again. Relationships with managers can break down (Ryan Burge, Sam Morsy...) or players can get frustrated with lack of opportunities, repetitiveness and many other factors that means a move to a different club is best for all parties concerned. I'll be giving Ryan my full backing from the first friendly at Newcastle Town, all the way through to his final appearance in a Port Vale shirt.

Welcome to PVFC, Ryan. :yes:

Advert:

Welcome to Vale "Roller coaster" Park. Where you have highs and lows and it is never dull here. Apart from the weather sometimes.

Look forward to seeing you in the side, proving the doubters wrong.

Enjoy MA's pre-season runs, hope you have a few sick bags handy.

Since he's left-sided, I presume MA intends sticking with Robertson. If so, I hope he's been training on not being rooted to the spot when defending crosses. I hope MA isn't thinking of giving Dicko another go in mid-field.

Sorry if I've spoilt this positive thread.

Perhaps we'll sign a right back who can double up as right-side centre half. Perhaps he'll give Smith a go, but recent experience with youth tells me MA won't.

Pleased that we have finally got our second signing of the summer on board now.. ryan mcgivern.. he hasn't had many good reviews from hibs but at least he has got the chance to prove the doubters wrong when he plays for vale this season.. and i hope he does well.. and will back him 100% now that is he a vale player.. apparently he has got a bit of bad attitude but lets hope micky can sort out that and hopefully not end up like ryan burge or gary roberts..

Advert:

Since he's left-sided, I presume MA intends sticking with Robertson. If so, I hope he's been training on not being rooted to the spot when defending crosses. I hope MA isn't thinking of giving Dicko another go in mid-field.

Perhaps we'll sign a right back who can double up as right-side centre half. Perhaps he'll give Smith a go, but recent experience with youth tells me MA won't.

reading the sentinel, adams see's him as a left sided central defender who can also cover LB

Id imagine he'd be 1st choice centre-back alongside Duffy. Dicko left-back and Yates currently occupying the right-back slot for now.

Archived