England-2014 World Cup.

For Us All

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Croatia a bit unlucky tonight, shocking penalty against, shame that there will be no retrospective action against Fred. Also unlucky with the foul against on the Brazilian keeper, jumping back into Olic rather than the forward jumping into the keeper.

Ref also a bit of a homer too IMHO.

Croatia a bit unlucky tonight, shocking penalty against, shame that there will be no retrospective action against Fred. Also unlucky with the foul against on the Brazilian keeper, jumping back into Olic rather than the forward jumping into the keeper.

yep, at 1-1 in the second half i thought it was only a matter of time before brazil got a winner through a dodgy free kick or penalty because the ref was looking to give them everything. didn't expect it to be quite that dodgy though! goodness me. croatia's dissalowed goal should've stood too. hope this doesn't set the tone for refereeing towards brazil in this tournament because you might as well give them the trophy now. oscar aside, brazil looked very ordinary. few flashes from neymar but that was it. right now i would definitely fancy us against them if we met in the quarter final, although they will probably get better as the tournament goes on.

Advert:

Yes, a crazy penalty decision, which spoiled my enjoyment of the match. What on earth did the referee see there? And Croatia rightly feel hard done to, but what can they do?

Many more decisions like that and tbh I'm not going to bother to watch anymore. Cheating is ruining the game and it will continue so long as players get away with it. So, for me, I want to watch good football played in the right spirit, not a bunch of con men looking to cheat their way to a win.

Was a terrible decision. Ruined the game, thought Brazil were better but it could have been so different. Neymar, could have been sent off, it wasnt a penalty and Croatia's disallowed goal could have been given. Anyway had a tenner on 3-1 so Im happy :)

I thought Brazil are a good side, but they don't measure up in my view against a truly great side - the 1970 winners. So they can be beaten by a number of other top sides including England if necessary and it might be. I thought it wasn't a penalty and they had a good goal disallowed last night and Croatia should have got a draw. The referee had a big impact on the match. But also I feel Croatia's goalkeeper reflects the real size of the country. They have enough good players from a small country to have a good team, but their goalkeeper is a League 2 keeper who should have done better at international level on all of the conceded goals. So that cost them as well.

Advert:

Cracking controversial opening match

Not a pen for me, Croatia's disallowed goal should have stood, Neymar could easily have been sent off, keeper should have done better with all Brazil's goals, Brazil looking very vulnerable down their right

Watching Mexico v Cameroon..it's pizzing it down

What a line-up of idiots on ITV Sport, especially the annoying Clark Carlisle. I can't believe how this guy has managed to build himself a career on the back of racism - I really can't stand the bloke. Social media, and forums have gone into meltdown this evening with viewers complaining about his dire opinions and commentary.

Advert:

What a line-up of idiots on ITV Sport, especially the annoying Clark Carlisle. I can't believe how this guy has managed to build himself a career on the back of racism - I really can't stand the bloke. Social media, and forums have gone into meltdown this evening with viewers complaining about his dire opinions and commentary.

Yes thought that the best was the non penalty when the defender kept his arms down "perpendicular to his body".

Another non-penalty in the Spain Netherlands game although probably harder to see, the forward did cheat.

Archived