onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky to sign

jeff1966

Nigel Pearson and Leicester City have gone through a similar period. Out of contract and word is that hewill sign this week.

This is a team just promoted to the premiership.

I wonder if the panic and anger that has been shown from a select few on here has happened down at Leicester?

It happens at many clubs. Has done for years. Will do for years to come.

Advert

Sad most clubs have sorted out existing players new contracts now and are starting to sign new players for next season we have nothing yet no new contacts no new players no manager no management at all signed up at THIS RATE ALL THE PLAYERS WILL BE LOOKING FOR NEW CLUBS AND WHO CAN BLAME THEM AS I HAVE SAID OTHER CLUBS NOW SIGNING NEW PLAYERS

Stop shouting and relax, he has said he's staying, there are plenty of managers out there who have yet to sign new contracts and clubs who have yet to appoint managers.

Nigel Pearson and Leicester City have gone through a similar period. Out of contract and word is that hewill sign this week.

This is a team just promoted to the premiership.

I wonder if the panic and anger that has been shown from a select few on here has happened down at Leicester?

It happens at many clubs. Has done for years. Will do for years to come.

Does not appear to have affected ST sales, initial batch of new STs, 7000 at £410/730, sold in 3 days. Renewal cutoff date 2nd June, sales total 18k apparently on target. But billionaire owner and back in Prem after 10 years or so makes a difference.

Blinking check Fosse, to think Sentinel keep saying we will have to work with a reduced playing budget yet we are on target to sell 18,000 STs :D
My comments were a reply to a Leicester question, not about our Vale.

I am afraid only something we can dream about.

You would hope for a resolution this week.

Next week Norman will probably be at the annual Football League jolly in Faro, while Michael will be doing his charity bike ride.

Dental,vets,Alton Towers,solicitor extending his holiday( the solicitor who works on his own)etc.In Micky we trust.:rolleyes:

Dental,vets,Alton Towers,solicitor extending his holiday( the solicitor who works on his own)etc.In Micky we trust.:rolleyes:

I'm amazed at how tolerant Smurf is with Adams. Perhaps Blackpool is the "big club" that he commented he wouldn't stand in the way of.

**** me. Let's get Plan B sorted, get Adams a kiss me quick hat and give Aspo the call.

I'm amazed at how tolerant Smurf is with Adams. Perhaps Blackpool is the "big club" that he commented he wouldn't stand in the way of.

**** me. Let's get Plan B sorted, get Adams a kiss me quick hat and give Aspo the call.

Just calm down man, no players have left us as of yet so why are you getting so stressed?

Blackpool in Brian Flynn u-turn.

http://m.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/blackpool-fc/pool-in-flynn-u-turn-1-6640769

I wonder if telling the press they were about to appoint Flynn was their way of publicly getting their number one target to pull his finger out?

Reading some related articles, it seems Flynn was ditched because he couldn't quickly bring in a backroom team coupled with a poor reaction from the Blackpool fans (or so it says here - http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackpool-make-u-turn-in-appointing-new-manager/? )

All this seems to suggest there isn't one obvious/outstanding candidate for the Blackpool job and anyone on the chairman's "shortlist of six" must be in with a shout.

I guess it depends whether Adams is on that list or not. If he is, it is perhaps understandable why this delay is happening.

It certainly seems strange to be waiting seven days for the signing of a contract that Adams himself said was "with his solicitors", was "straightforward" and that he'd "not heard that there is a problem."

I know this may be seen as "scaremongering" by some, but if I was the Vale I would issuing some sort of reassuring update (unless they can't be reassuring, of course) about Adams' contract pretty quick because it's been seven days without any word of what this delay to a "straightforward" signing could be.

I know this may be seen as "scaremongering" by some, but if I was the Vale I would issuing some sort of reassuring update (unless they can't be reassuring, of course) about Adams' contract pretty quick because it's been seven days without any word of what this delay to a "straightforward" signing could be.

Totally agree. The club have in general been a little slow on this particular matter and it would be reassuring to know what the hold up is and when it will be signed.

This isn't just the last few weeks either. This has been going on for months, one of which has elapsed since the contract landed on his desk.

I don't remember Micky taking this long to check everything over with his solicitors when Bratt made him an offer shortly before the EGM.

Totally agree. The club have in general been a little slow on this particular matter and it would be reassuring to know what the hold up is and when it will be signed.

I wouldn't expect them to say 'sorry for the delay; we're just waiting to see if Micky gets the Blackpool job' if that was the case.

If it was the case I'd expect them to say nothing and nothing is what we're hearing.

I wouldn't expect them to say 'sorry for the delay; we're just waiting to see if Micky gets the Blackpool job' if that was the case.

If it was the case I'd expect them to say nothing and nothing is what we're hearing.

But when do official statements contain all the facts. We didn't get a statement saying "Dan Jones has been booted out of the club after thumping the captain so hard he's missing the rest of the season" [allegedly of course as I wasn't there] - we got a "Dan Jones has left the club" statement instead.

So, while I wouldn't expect a "'sorry for the delay; we're just waiting to see if Micky gets the Blackpool job" announcement, a non-committal statement - "talks are ongoing with Micky and his legal team" is (in my opinion) more positive than silence. However, I do take your point that not everyone may agree on this issue and may think silence is indeed the best policy.

Archived