Champions League

You are missing the point again, the title of this thread is CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, and Liverpool are like the other Premier contenders for all the money poured in, it is a poor competition compared to the other main European leagues.QUOTE=beasty77;2103064]Suppose the same could be said about Rodgers, while hes in charge at Liverpool, they wont win anything..Least Wengers won stuff..:D

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's been at the club a few seasons, has improved the side massively during that time both on and off the field and has come much, much closer to winning the title than Wenger has in Donkeys years.

Has Bodgers win it? No

Has Wenger win it? Yes

Even you should be able to get your head around that! ;)

Has Bodgers win it? No

Has Wenger win it? Yes

Even you should be able to get your head around that! ;)

The significant difference being of course is that Wenger has been in the management game for many, many more years than Rodgers, the latter still being one of the youngest at the very top level. The way he improved Swansea and the progress Liverpool have and are making with him in charge, he's a wonderful albeit not perfect manager that most clubs would be very lucky to have.

Interesting point, but by the age of 42 (Rodgers current age) Mourinho had won the European Cup, the UEFA Cup, the PL, the League Cup, the Portuguese Primera Liga and the Portuguese Super Cup. Rodgers has won the Championship play off final. 42 isn't that young to have won something (maybe not as much as Mourinho) if you are a genuine top manager.

The significant difference being of course is that Wenger has been in the management game for many, many more years than Rodgers, the latter still being one of the youngest at the very top level. The way he improved Swansea and the progress Liverpool have and are making with him in charge, he's a wonderful albeit not perfect manager that most clubs would be very lucky to have.

How long was Wenger at Arsenal before he won trophy's? In fact the double?? Yep that's right in his first full season he did the double. Read it and weap scouse boy..:razz:

Interesting point, but by the age of 42 (Rodgers current age) Mourinho had won the European Cup, the UEFA Cup, the PL, the League Cup, the Portuguese Primera Liga and the Portuguese Super Cup. Rodgers has won the Championship play off final. 42 isn't that young to have won something (maybe not as much as Mourinho) if you are a genuine top manager.

There's a bit of a difference managing the likes of Swansea and Liverpool to the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Inter! Completely unfair comparison.

He can be put on a par with Wenger when hes achieved similar success..that is winning titles and trophies..until then he's just doing well and has potential given the club he is at and what he's done so far

Exactly my point! Unless you straight up don't like myself, which is nigh on impossible because I'm adorable, or you have a bitter agenda against Liverpool, I don't think anyone can say that Rodgers does not have the potential to become a very, very good manager one day. He's already shown he's more than capable despite not yet winning a major trophy. (which of course could change very soon as Liverpool have as good a chance as anyone else to win this season's FA Cup)

How long was Wenger at Arsenal before he won trophy's? In fact the double?? Yep that's right in his first full season he did the double. Read it and weap scouse boy..:razz:

Wenger has been a fantastic manager, you won't see me trying to argue against that. But when he joined Arsenal he'd already been a manager for 12 years or so. Rodgers started to build his reputation at Swansea, a job he started just 5 years ago. He's 42 and can only get better and better.

There's a bit of a difference managing the likes of Swansea and Liverpool to the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Inter! Completely unfair comparison.

I get the point, to an extent, RE: Real and Chelsea, but I can't see why you can't compare Inter and Liverpool.

Anyway, I think its pretty glaring to miss out Porto.

He hadn't managed Madrid and Inter at the age of 42 though. I'd say it is a pretty fair comparison. Chelsea hadn't won the league for 50 years before Mourinho came along.

So you are saying Chelsea are at a different level than Liverpool.?Doesnt look like the Outstanding and Complete Young Leperchaun will be winning the Prem anytime soon.

He hadn't managed Madrid and Inter at the age of 42 though. I'd say it is a pretty fair comparison. Chelsea hadn't won the league for 50 years before Mourinho came along.

helped in no small amount by some Russian and his plundered millions.

Archived