• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Statement from Smurf.

valiant_593

I would love to see Lodey gone.

But on what grounds sack him?

Use Lodeys wages to fund the CEO.(fair idea).But who would then do Lodey's job as club secretary?

He is due to retire soon anyway.

I am almost certain that Lodey is due to retire at the end of next season

Advert:

Sack Lodey then we can have a CEO with what we save on his wages,can't see what the problem is.

A decent CEO would cost the club 80-100k.

If anyone thinks he's on that then words fail me.

As Rob's great article said last week take it out of the playing budget, speculate to accumulate.

Why r people so short sighted?

2 years ago we were wondering if we had a club

1 year ago we were going for promotion

This year looking good for a mid table finish

Credit to Norman for that

Yes he has made mistakes like we all do

But instead of criticising let's all pull together and move on

We are in a far better situation than we were 2 years ago

Just remember that

Up the Vale

I agree with that...great post!! lets stop all this whingeing and moaning he has made a concession on the under twelves, the season tickets stay the same...even the vice presidents has stayed the same where I go so whats everybody's problem!! get your season tickets and build the income of the club to a level that we get the right turnover for the playing squad

We will have a bigger budget than most in our division next year to compete and there will be a lot of good players released in the summer to pick from its in our hands as smurf says we can only spend 60% of the turnover lets buy our season tickets

As Rob's great article said last week take it out of the playing budget, speculate to accumulate.

Stated yesterday by NS the wages at the club were 3.7 million. That would mean 2.4 m for the players and 1.3 m for the other staff.Will there be cutbacks on the admin side do you think ?

And he is still blaming someone else for advising him incorrectly regarding take up;)

For a guy alledgedly succesful in business he shows a remarkable lack of awareness on bankrupt britian in 2014. Most people in this country cannot find three hundred plus quid we are part of the 90% not like Smurf .

Advert:

A good honest statement by SMURF, some my not like it but at least you are all now in the know,get your ST if you want to see some decent players signed up,if you don't you will see relegation next season and possible end of PVFC,am not scare mongering,just saying how it is

Stated yesterday by NS the wages at the club were 3.7 million. That would mean 2.4 m for the players and 1.3 m for the other staff.Will there be cutbacks on the admin side do you think ?

Big chunks of that will surely be the management and coaching team.

There isn't a lot of administrative staff to cut back, we just need better quality people and some that are proactive rather than reactive.

For a guy alledgedly succesful in business he shows a remarkable lack of awareness on bankrupt britian in 2014. Most people in this country cannot find three hundred plus quid we are part of the 90% not like Smurf .

A season ticket does not come out of the blue, they are sold at similar times in the year just like Xmas. Most people plan thier finances to suit. However not everybody is made that way or can afford to, I believe there will be a payment plan in May, what I do miss was the advance payment plan we used to have, it started in September and 10 payments were made for a ST at current prices, for the next season.

Advert:

Smurf always says what player do we get rid of to get a CEO in, easy ....Griff send him to the conference where he belongs

He's been a decent servant for vale and unfortunately is a bit out of his depth in league one. He's always given 100% and will be remembered fondly for his efforts in my eyes. I can think of others I'd single out first.

For the record, I think I would sacrafice a players but only if a decent, effective CEO was sought - that's the risk. Don't want to get saddled with another baffoon. I wish someone who understood the football business like Mick Cullerton was interested......although I get the impression he thinks Smurthwaite is a Prat

A good honest statement by SMURF, some my not like it but at least you are all now in the know,get your ST if you want to see some decent players signed up,if you don't you will see relegation next season and possible end of PVFC,am not scare mongering,just saying how it is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3292[/ATTACH]

Emotional blackmail.

So Smurf is saying that a good CEO wouldn't be capable of bringing in 100k+ a season,well if he cant then he would be a **** CEO imo

Yes you are and that is what Smurf wants you to do,imo you are just being pathetic with your attempts to worry people,the end of PVFC would never happen UNLESS that is what SMURF himself wants or is planning.

Advert:

And a lot of people aren't going to pay £26 on the gate.

where's the £26 figure from? surely that's not a confirmed matchday price for next season?

(i've not kept upto date with vale news the last couple of weeks)

where's the £26 figure from? surely that's not a confirmed matchday price for next season?

(i've not kept upto date with vale news the last couple of weeks)

£26 in the Lorne Street, £25 in the other stands.

Archived