onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement from Smurf.

valiant_593

My guess is he employed Wildes to (amongst other things) set the budget and trusted him to do so within a certain degree of ccuracy..nowt to do with blank cheques. You have to trust people..not much point in having him there if he was going to check everything in fine detail

I'm sure that's what happened but it does make you wonder about his title of CEO?

After the passing of Togger Benn is NS the most dangerous man in Britain ? :)

Don't know about Britain but certainly in Burslem!

Advert

Most people can't find £300? Where is your statistical analysis from?

Have a look at house repossesions in the uk have a look at the increases in pay day loan takers. Have a look at the maasive increase in those using food banks in the uk Etc etc etc. in fact open your eyes and leave your keyboard for a day u will be suprised at the s h i t e mess this country is in

Have a look at house repossesions in the uk have a look at the increases in pay day loan takers. Have a look at the maasive increase in those using food banks in the uk Etc etc etc. in fact open your eyes and leave your keyboard for a day u will be suprised at the s h i t e mess this country is in

Despite all that (and it's terrible for those most affected). ..the vast majority of people can find £300

House repossessions....running at about 30,000 per year and falling (although terrible for those affected)

Pay day loan takes are on the up but nothing compared to the whole working population

Food banks..each one potentially a tragedy but the actual number of people is tiny compared to the population

Let's not over egg the pudding..the vast majority can afford £300 if they want to

My guess is he employed Wildes to (amongst other things) set the budget and trusted him to do so within a certain degree of ccuracy..nowt to do with blank cheques. You have to trust people..not much point in having him there if he was going to check everything in fine detail

I don't see NS as an Operations kind of guy...maybe a speculator

After the passing of Togger Benn is NS the most dangerous man in Britain ? :)

JA, perhaps you are right. Although, again, he seems to have washed his hands of anything that went on last summer, despite either employing the people or knowing more than he is now letting on. Both scenarios call his judgment into question, either because he employed some duds for the budget to be so far out, or he is desperately trying to cover up mistakes he made. Credit to him for seemingly trying to get us out of some of the ludicrous contracts though (Ticketmaster being the main one).

If he isn't an "operations kind of guy" (I probably agree with you there), then he needs to take a step back and employ someone who will run the operation. If that comes at the expense of 2 or 3 members of the reserve team, so be it.

A good honest statement by SMURF, some my not like it but at least you are all now in the know,get your ST if you want to see some decent players signed up,if you don't you will see relegation next season and possible end of PVFC,am not scare mongering,just saying how it is

Is it honest though? Do we know that for fact? He still blames problems on the likes of wildes. I'm not buying a season ticket until he convinces me otherwise and at the moment he is a long way from doing that.

House repossessions....running at about 30,000 per year and falling (although terrible for those affected)

Pay day loan takes are on the up but nothing compared to the whole working population

Food banks..each one potentially a tragedy but the actual number of people is tiny compared to the population

Let's not over egg the pudding..the vast majority can afford £300 if they want to

R u Cameron or Clegg in disguise they live in dreamland as well this country is basically bankrupt and historically the way out is to pick a fight with another country hence the false demonising of Russia and Putin as well as the failed attempt to go to war in Syria . Our national debt will soon be level with the gross national product and those who can afford the 300 quid will be doing it on buy now pay never ccards etc imho.

JA, perhaps you are right. Although, again, he seems to have washed his hands of anything that went on last summer, despite either employing the people or knowing more than he is now letting on. Both scenarios call his judgment into question, either because he employed some duds for the budget to be so far out, or he is desperately trying to cover up mistakes he made.

Agreed..he's not blameless, just perhaps not the main man to blame

If he isn't an "operations kind of guy" (I probably agree with you there), then he needs to take a step back and employ someone who will run the operation. If that comes at the expense of 2 or 3 members of the reserve team, so be it.

To be honest I (and others ) have been saying that for some time..as long as we can afford such a person

R u Cameron or Clegg in disguise

Thanks for the complement..well not the Clegg bit

they live in dreamland as well

So what i posted is incorrect?

this country is basically bankrupt

No it isn't..not even close..and anyway that doesn't mean people don't have £300 to spend

and historically the way out is to pick a fight with another country hence the false demonising of Russia and Putin as well as the failed attempt to go to war in Syria .

What's that got to do with whether people can find £300 now or not? You serioulsy suggesting we want a fight with Russia?

Our national debt will soon be level with the gross national product and those who can afford the 300 quid will be doing it on buy now pay never ccards etc imho.

Which means they can find and therefore afford £300

National debt is indeed getting closer to GDP but it won't get there and will in fact start falling soon enough as the economy grows and we come out of recession, dropping below 80% over the next few years and continuing to fall. Not sure it will ever get down to the lows of the 30% mark ever again..not with the state being so big these days with all the financial commitments that come from that along with the massive infrastructure investment we need..maybe in 20 years or so

The vast majority of people can afford £300

The vast majority of people can afford £300

They can, Johnny; and, like Mr.Smurthwaite, they can invest that £300 (well, £325) wherever they wish.

He needs to reassure his potential customers that his product is going to be available, reliable and fulfilling. Fans' club loyalty, a gift to any businessman or -woman, will generally ensure the third of those targets is met; but, given the commercial separation of the club from the ground, Mr. Smurthwaite could have done without the tweet which, whoever wrote it, disconcerted his target market.

They can, Johnny; and, like Mr.Smurthwaite, they can invest that £300 (well, £325) wherever they wish.

Totally agree..their money

He needs to reassure his potential customers that his product is going to be available, reliable and fulfilling.

I don't think he can offer any reassurance re the last two points..and nor should he; all he can reasonably promise is that a ST will get you into all the home fixtures next season..too much out if his hands regarding the quality of the football, how successful we'll be etc..and a load of other clubs to contend with

Fans' club loyalty, a gift to any businessman or -woman, will generally ensure the third of those targets is met; but, given the commercial separation of the club from the ground, Mr. Smurthwaite could have done without the tweet which, whoever wrote it, disconcerted his target market.

Totally agree..he's no marketing guru..far from it. But that's NS..he is unlikely to change

Archived