onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement from Smurf.

valiant_593

Advert

I'm sorry but te words 'effectively under a transfer embargo' suggest we WERE NOT under an Embargo, but we clearly now are!!! Someone is bending the truth/facts to suit one needs of the situation.

Why can't we, if we're under that same Embargo, why can't we go out and loan a keeper under the same terms as we had Grimmer and now have Knott?

This statement smells somewhat for me, is it any wonder we've only sold 138 season tickets with all the negative rubbish that keeps coming from the club - no money, budget being cut, no manager signed for next season, 14 players out of contract, ticket prices have gone up, I've had to put my own money in (yeah... It's YOUR business Norman, you own the darn thing)

I'm sick of it! I don't see any incentive to go and buy a season ticket or encourage those without one to go and get one - Do you? I'm not falling for the scarem tactics that Smurf seems to be employing at present... You don't buy X and it will affect the team!!! We are clearly living hand to mouth at present and that is not good news!!!

His radio interview says a lot when he can't even quote the correct average gate... Finger on the pulse Norman??? Far from it, you are out of your depth!

More tickets sold than I thought it could have been.

Manager not signed his contract - if offered one yet.

Manager may not even be here next season.

14 players with no contacts next year.

Reduced player budget.

Would you spend hard earned valuable money on a season ticket not know who the manager is and what players will be here? Sort the above 3 issues and then people will be buy season tickets and the bottom issue would be sorted out.

Yes...I support my club thick and thin players managers owners come and go our club does not. So I assume you will be running out to buy a st at which ever club your favourite players and mickey join if they did leave??? Stupid comment which is not helping the buzz around the club negative moaners that constantly dicect every half truth for use in there own agenda which appears to be encouraging others not to bother which again is only harming the club why?

Because the transfer deadline was last Thursday.

I know that, but why when Mickey attempted to sign someone did they not say, do you know Mickey? you can only sign someone a la Grimmer IE at no cost to the club (bar travel and hotel expenses) they clearly didn't otherwise Mickey would have signed someone on loan... Something doesn't seem right with this statement and what other have said from the club? What do you think?

I know that, but why when Mickey attempted to sign someone did they not say, do you know Mickey? you can only sign someone a la Grimmer IE at no cost to the club (bar travel and hotel expenses) they clearly didn't otherwise Mickey would have signed someone on loan... Something doesn't seem right with this statement and what other have said from the club? What do you think?

Who's Mickey?

I find the reasons that Smurf gave for the embargo do not match what I was told by a number of individuals last week. If what I was told was true, it makes the statement from the club that the matter would be dealt with this week make more sense. It would make no sense to suggest that the club has been under an embargo all season apart from the Cuvelier signing without Micky Adams knowing this. It makes more sense if the situations has arisen recently and buggered up last weeks attempt to sign a keeper.

I'm sorry but te words 'effectively under a transfer embargo' suggest we WERE NOT under an Embargo, but we clearly now are!!! Someone is bending the truth/facts to suit /QUOTE]

There is another angle, since Norman said the team would not be strenthened for a PO push, thus no transfers, it did not matter whether there was an embargo or not. It was only the goalkeeper crisis that made if effective.

Because if a club is gonna send a keeper out on loan and pay all his wages, they're gonna expect him to play. Chances are, we'd have ended up with someone even more inexperienced than Johnson, who would have to play every week regardless of whether he let seven goals in every week or not. What good would that do for Johnson?

Better to risk it as we are, the max Pope would have to go in goals for would be part of one game, then get an emergency keeper in when we actually need one.

I find the reasons that Smurf gave for the embargo do not match what I was told by a number of individuals last week. If what I was told was true, it makes the statement from the club that the matter would be dealt with this week make more sense. It would make no sense to suggest that the club has been under an embargo all season apart from the Cuvelier signing without Micky Adams knowing this. It makes more sense if the situations has arisen recently and buggered up last weeks attempt to sign a keeper.

To be honest I was told different as well by two people however I have no idea who to believe. If Smurthwaite is going to stay and become a success he needs a massive clear out of back room staff undoubtedly.

Because if a club is gonna send a keeper out on loan and pay all his wages, they're gonna expect him to play. Chances are, we'd have ended up with someone even more inexperienced than Johnson, who would have to play every week regardless of whether he let seven goals in every week or not. What good would that do for Johnson?

Better to risk it as we are, the max Pope would have to go in goals for would be part of one game, then get an emergency keeper in when we actually need one.

I agree entirely with the point you make, Sam should be #1 did a great job in his last stint between the posts. The keeper situation brought these things in to the public domain, but now Norman seems hellbent on creating what seems like a far stretched story to get him off the hook. I'm making my point to stress the consistent lies/bending the truth, call it what you will, that is consistently coming out of Norman's mouth - this isn't the odd time, it's virtually every time he speaks of late!

I'm fed up of it, he's driving that great feeling out of the club - we can all see it, but for whatever reason it seems he can't. (@Smurf just look at he crowds!)

Archived