Sign in to follow this  
Fosse69

1st April 2014, Port Vale 2 Crawley Town 1 Pre-match, Match, post match comments

Another tough one, but could win this.

A close-fought win, probably 2-1 and maybe after going behind. A crowd of 4,000 would be a good acheievement as they will bring about 50 or so, and Tuesdays don't seem to be popular for footie, and I suspect a Champions League match will be on TV. Same team as at Stevenage probably.

A close-fought win, probably 2-1 and maybe after going behind. A crowd of 4,000 would be a good acheievement as they will bring about 50 or so, and Tuesdays don't seem to be popular for footie, and I suspect a Champions League match will be on TV. Same team as at Stevenage probably.

In my opinion they should use this game to try and attract new customers by charging 5 quid minimum but pay what u can afford night.

Or there only be season ticket holders there.

Its a big game !

Pope too smash them !

A hard game this. They tend to be a physical side as well. Just hope the ref gives our players some protection. Pope and Hugill to score (if Hugill is given the chance to play).

Will only be the 2nd game I've missed, but my ST is going to someone so it doesn't affect the numbers. I said last week if we can at least draw at Stevenage and win this, should be a decent crowd for Walsall. I'm looking forward to that one a lot.

Big game, really. I don't know about other Vale fans (a fair few seem happy to settle for mid-table mediocrity) but if we beat Crawley, it keeps us amongst the mini-league outside of the last play-off place.

By the time we reach 5pm after the Notts County game in a fortnight - and regardless of how other teams do - all of a sudden we could be looking at seriously challenging for a top eight finish.

The club should still see the season as 'alive'. Adams needs to go back to playing the team he thinks will beat the opposition that day. When he played the same team game-after-game (at Bradford, Shrewsbury etc), we saw our dullest performances and worst results of the season. Keep it fresh, Micky.

May see mark steins return to vale park, he is crawleys physio. Oooooohhhhhhhhh.

At least that will result in a bit of a better atmosphere, with the "Steino is a .........." ringing around the paddock:laugh:

The last play-offs slot is still a dream to keep the run in interesting, but really I know we blew it by loosing to many games due to defence errors several months ago.

But come on Vale, don't give in. Tough game and hopefully, we will come away with 3 points.

Yet if we win, we're 4 points off the Play-Offs. :laugh:

Great to see optimistic posts, and with lady luck playing on our side instead of against us (Neal injury, Grimmer recalled, sendings off, last minute goals etc etc) we might well have had a chance but it would take an incredible run now, given the games we have left being very hard too as the last days approach.

Maybe it's time for just a little experimentation with one or two fringe/development players at least getting some time in a match or two. I'd like to see 20 minutes here and there for some of those who have been rated best in reserve or development games.

We will do well to get to 60 points, which added to a creditable cup run is satisfying.

If all this off-field nonsense gets sorted and Micky and the best players stay, it would provide a firm base to build a proper challenge next season.

As Hugill and Williamson ran rings round them at Crawley, there is a good case for them starting this match and for playing Dodds in midfield. Crawley will certainly be pleased if they are not included in our team.

Same starting line-up tomorrow , except Dicko in for Danny Boy.......

I thought that Danny Boy had a decent game at Stevenage. Not happy if Dicko walks straight back into the team after his idiotic outburst at Bristol.

Normally teams stay unchanged after a positive result but I would be tempted to make a few changes because we are playing at home and need more offensive power. I can understand why we played Birchall and Loft but I'd have at least one quick winger on the pitch and also consider starting Hugill if we intend putting lots of balls into the box.

I'd also keep Jones in as Dicko cannot be expected to walk back in after his silly behaviour at Bristol.

At least that will result in a bit of a better atmosphere, with the "Steino is a .........." ringing around the paddock:laugh:
will you and your "lorne street bovver boys" be singing it brother??