onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1st April 2014, Port Vale 2 Crawley Town 1 Pre-match, Match, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Normally teams stay unchanged after a positive result but I would be tempted to make a few changes because we are playing at home and need more offensive power. I can understand why we played Birchall and Loft but I'd have at least one quick winger on the pitch and also consider starting Hugill if we intend putting lots of balls into the box.

I'd also keep Jones in as Dicko cannot be expected to walk back in after his silly behaviour at Bristol.

As Hugill and Williamson ran rings round them at Crawley, there is a good case for them starting this match and for playing Dodds in midfield. Crawley will certainly be pleased if they are not included in our team.

I will also be pleased if Dodds dosent start!!! We cant pick that team just because they did well last time.

The one word I wouldn't use to describe the match is 'a big game' 2 mid table sides with little to play for. 2-1 vale pope with both.

To say Vale have little to play for is a bit daft.

There's an - admittedly - slim chance of sneaking into the last P-O place. Moreover, the higher we finish in the table, the more money we can get at the end of the season, the more it convinces current players like Lines, Loft and Pope to stay, and the more it makes us look an attractive club for players to join during the summer.

Are you telling me you'd be happy to finish 16th? I cannot comprehend how some fans think we have nothing to play for; it's certainly more than pride.

To say Vale have little to play for is a bit daft.

There's an - admittedly - slim chance of sneaking into the last P-O place. Moreover, the higher we finish in the table, the more money we can get at the end of the season, the more it convinces current players like Lines, Loft and Pope to stay, and the more it makes us look an attractive club for players to join during the summer.

Are you telling me you'd be happy to finish 16th? I cannot comprehend how some fans think we have nothing to play for; it's certainly more than pride.

By the way weve been performing recently id say our players believe there isnt much to play for. I really dont think we have anything to play for, the players should be playing for contracts either here or somewhere else but they dont seem arsed about that. The likes of Lines and Loft havnt put a good performance in in months. I wouldnt be disappointed with 16th its effectively the same, its mid table, looking at our matches left i will be surprised if we finish top half.

Who cares? Seasons been over for several weeks for Vale We need to be looking forward to improve this squad to ensure a proper more credible promotion challenge next season.

You've come up with quite a dichotomy there.

How on earth can we improve the squad (and hopefully mount a credible promotion challenge next season) if we assume this season has 'been over for several weeks'. No decent players will want to join a club that finishes in the bottom half of League One.

Av heard its free for everyone, season ticket holders will be given a £20 pound voucher to be used in the club shop or Tommys after the match

Great idea.This is just what is needed to attract a bigger attendance.Well done Smurf. ;)

Archived