Sign in to follow this  
George

William Gordon Street

My grandfather took me to my first game at Vale Park and I stood with him in the Railway Paddock for several years during the early 60s. I feel your pain, George. It hurt when my grandfather passed away but I was sure that he was in a better place.

Which brain dead delinquent has given every post on page 2 a thumbs down?

Can't imagine, but there was a simple solution....

Can't imagine, but there was a simple solution....

I know, I canceled out the thumbs down on one post before realising every post had one.

Which brain dead delinquent has given every post on page 2 a thumbs down?

We know, and we'll having more than a word, more so because of the insensitive 'thumbs down' in George's first post.

Unlikely anyone on here would know him but my Grandad passed away on march 14th, aged 82, and we had his funeral today. The reason I'm posting it here is he is a life long Vale fan. My Grandad, my Dad and myself have sat together at the Vale for as long as I can remember. It's only recently, when his illness became to great, that he stopped attending games. Before that nothing, and I mean nothing, would stop him missing the Vale. From our pre match ritual of bacon, cheese & tomato oatcakes to our half time flask of brandy with a nip of coffee, he has been a big part of some of the most memorable times of my life. My visits to Vale park will never be the same again.

RIP Grandad.

George, condolences to you and your family.

George, condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Barry.

Ps..I'd love to know who it is but totally understand if you can't/won't tell me.

Hi,

I have moved this thread to the "Gone but not forgotten" section for two reasons:

1. I think it's the right place to remember George's granddad

2. For obvious reasons I have disabled thumbs up/down from this particular section so no more abuse of this thread

BTW, that hugely insensitive person has been dealt with by Admin.