onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

William Gordon Street

George

Advert

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I, like many others went with my grandad to the Vale and I have many freat memories that I still recall them with my lads when taking them to watch the Wellington Phoenix. As they say football brings people closer and provides many great memories!

I am sure many grandparents are remembered through football not just the Vale!

Thanks all. Really appreciated.

My Dad has sponsered the match ball for tomorrows game in his honour, so we are in the directors seats (i think) and has invited family members and his old friends. Hopefully a Vale win will give him a good send off.

My grandfather took me to my first game at Vale Park and I stood with him in the Railway Paddock for several years during the early 60s. I feel your pain, George. It hurt when my grandfather passed away but I was sure that he was in a better place.

Unlikely anyone on here would know him but my Grandad passed away on march 14th, aged 82, and we had his funeral today. The reason I'm posting it here is he is a life long Vale fan. My Grandad, my Dad and myself have sat together at the Vale for as long as I can remember. It's only recently, when his illness became to great, that he stopped attending games. Before that nothing, and I mean nothing, would stop him missing the Vale. From our pre match ritual of bacon, cheese & tomato oatcakes to our half time flask of brandy with a nip of coffee, he has been a big part of some of the most memorable times of my life. My visits to Vale park will never be the same again.

RIP Grandad.

George, condolences to you and your family.

Archived