onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Micky walk away

Fuzzy Dunlop

Advert

I thought him and NS had agreed a deal and were "just waiting for a time when they were both available to sign it".

I'm afraid I do not believe a word that NS says, and it is slightly concerning.

On the subject of MA, if he goes then fair enough, he has done what he came to do (get us promotion and stabilise us in League 1) whilst giving us some memorable games. Can we do better for his wage and with a reasonable budget for next season? Possibly. Brentford seem to have done all right since Rosler left after all.

Micky was just reacting in the heat of the moment in the interview after the match so I don't think he meant it 100%, but saying that I hope he stays but I don't think I'd stay if I was him getting abuse of fans for all but securing safety this season, no formal contract offer, being dragged through administration, expectation of getting in top 6 next season with reduced budget and fans thinking he's never good enough! I hope he stays because he does well with what he's got at his disposal which isn't a lot! Fans forget we are port vale not man city!

I'd echo those sentiments. If Micky wants to go after that I would not blame him. He's done incredibly well for the club and to be treated like that simply defies logic. It was embarrasing having Bristol City fans laughing about it last night.

The team (not for the first time this season) was absolutely humbled against a team that hasn't been in the greatest of form of late, but what I think has really disappointed most fans is the way we lost this match, completely and utterly unacceptable .

It's a disappointing result but Bristol City's form has been quite good of late. P9, W4, D4, L1, before yesterday's game. The one loss came against Sheffield United away who are in excellent form.

Overall, we seem to be doing the same as we have done for quite a few seasons now. Start well, drop off around Christmas. Struggle through February and March and then pick up in April.

It will be interesting to see the reaction on Saturday. Stevenage is a winnable game and last night should be a kick up the backside to go there and perform.

Was Adams out of order in getting involved in a heated confrontation with fans - most definitely in my opinion. That it is not meant as an excuse for some of the things that were probably said to him but when people are paying your salary, well at least part of it, you have to be very careful not to distance the fans from you. After all, people had paid an awful lot of money travel to the match last night and they were treated to an extremely poor performance to put it mildly. People will vent their anger at those they hold responsible. Adams is experienced enough to keep well clear of these flash points and he certainly should have done so last night.

Will he leave? God knows! I think that it is probably the right time for him to go. I don't think of him as the messiah - far from it! If he does go, he will go with my sincere thanks for all he achieved last season, in particular, and for getting us to a good position in league 1 this season. However, I won't miss his style of football - bang it forward to Tom and hope, his inability to get the defence to stop leaking goals from set pieces in particular,I won't miss his poor team selection on occasions, I won't miss his baffling substitutions either or his poor performance in the transfer market.

Of equal concern is the way too many players seem to deteriorate under his stewardship. Look at players like Vincent, JMW, Jones, Robertson, Grimmer, Lines, Dickinson ........ Of course people might well disagree with this but in my opinion all these players began their spell here with some great performances for half a season or so. Then the decline set in, and for some, there seem to be not indications that there is an improvement in sight. His man management has left a lot to be desired. Just look at his treatment of Morsey, Burge and lately Davis.

Some say he is the best manager we have had since Rudgie which is probably right but partly due to some of the dross management we have had to endure. The saga over his contract is ridiculous and he must share some of the blame for that.

So, if he goes, like I said, he goes with my sincere thanks for getting us promoted and I wish him well in the future.

Just my thoughts as ever.

Was Adams out of order in getting involved in a heated confrontation with fans - most definitely in my opinion. That it is not meant as an excuse for some of the things that were probably said to him but when people are paying your salary, well at least part of it, you have to be very careful not to distance the fans from you. After all, people had paid an awful lot of money travel to the match last night and they were treated to an extremely poor performance to put it mildly. People will vent their anger at those they hold responsible. Adams is experienced enough to keep well clear of these flash points and he certainly should have done so last night.

Will he leave? God knows! I think that it is probably the right time for him to go. I don't think of him as the messiah - far from it! If he does go, he will go with my sincere thanks for all he achieved last season, in particular, and for getting us to a good position in league 1 this season. However, I won't miss his style of football - bang it forward to Tom and hope, his inability to get the defence to stop leaking goals from set pieces in particular,I won't miss his poor team selection on occasions, I won't miss his baffling substitutions either or his poor performance in the transfer market.

Of equal concern is the way too many players seem to deteriorate under his stewardship. Look at players like Vincent, JMW, Jones, Robertson, Grimmer, Lines, Dickinson ........ Of course people might well disagree with this but in my opinion all these players began their spell here with some great performances for half a season or so. Then the decline set in, and for some, there seem to be not indications that there is an improvement in sight. His man management has left a lot to be desired. Just look at his treatment of Morsey, Burge and lately Davis.

Some say he is the best manager we have had since Rudgie which is probably right but partly due to some of the dross management we have had to endure. The saga over his contract is ridiculous and he must share some of the blame for that.

So, if he goes, like I said, he goes with my sincere thanks for getting us promoted and I wish him well in the future.

Just my thoughts as ever.

Spot on, Great post.......

Not just that. He also stabilised the team when we were at the wrong end of League Two. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that we have not had a really bad season while Micky Adams has been manager. And this coming from someone who was completely against his re-appointment due to V2001 political games.

He's done a good job. One bad result does not change that and I would like to see him continue.

Micky just needs to stop the confrontation with fans and get on with his job. This has been going on for years though, so I guess this is something in his nature that he appears unable to resolve. Nobody like to travel to see their team thrashed. He needs to understand that.

Will he stay or will he leave?

What ever it is it needs sorting one way or the other before the end of the month.After last nights result and his rant at the fan's and now saying he don't know about his future at the club which was directed at the fans.It needs sorting before end of the month as this will help people decide if they will have a ST or not.

if and when micky goes there is always jim gannon oh dear oh dear mickys the best manager we have had for a long while and whilst i understand the frustations of the fans who went last night and credit to them some abuse may not of been called for in any walk of life we should be able to go through life with out that sort of abuse this is my opinion shoot me down if you wish but at the end of the day all we what is the best for our beloved vale VTID

Will he stay or will he leave?

What ever it is it needs sorting one way or the other before the end of the month.After last nights result and his rant at the fan's and now saying he don't know about his future at the club which was directed at the fans.It needs sorting before end of the month as this will help people decide if they will have a ST or not.

I support Port Vale not Micky Adams.I don't need any help Melv.A man who's gone from 'Not wanting to leave' to 'I have been considering my future for a while' can do one for me.

One too many rants at his own fans for me, I'm afraid.

He's been in the game long enough now not to take umbrage at a few fans' heat of the moment rants after a 5-0 humbling on a dour Tuesday night. What on earth was he expecting?

Feels to me like a thinly veiled excuse to be on his way. And to use hard-core fans who've travelled a long way as a convenient scapegoat is pretty disingenuous IMO.

I think MA has done a god job to a degree - but he certainly isnt the messiah that some people are making out !

He did a brilliant job when he first came when we really were in the **** and got the best out of a poor bunch of players, on saying that every season he's been here we've been great in the first half of the season then we just seem to implode from January onwards

Having a go at the fans twice is a step to far for me - time to go

Archived