onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moving Forward.

valiant_593

Ive just read,a fan who went, said all was fine,jones came over,apologised to fans and shook hands,then loft n jmw, assumed fans were avin ago,and over reacted,thst where micky started having ago.

He said we were gutless,but jones was man enough to say sorry,before they started.

Do agree with a post before me,micky just found his excuse to not sign.

Advert

Too many fans at vale with short memories, its as simple as that.

Administration to promotion. Currently 11th in league one the following season. Fans singing his name 3 weeks back. Fans begging Smurf to offer him a new deal. Fans buzzing after beating Tranmere and reaching the 50 point mark.

Then, after ONE game, lets abuse the manager because we have lost a game. Oh and then abuse the players FACE TO FACE because its like we can do a far better job than them? Absolutely ludicrous if you ask me. Its your choice to go and you should always anticipate losing as well as winning. Its as simple as that.

Yes i accept, the football we play is sometimes poor and we concede to many goals. BUT, i forgot we are Wolves and can spend millions on players. No, lets all get real and recognise that we are Port Vale.

Oh and finally, is Rob Page Jose Mourinho or something? Do people really think he can do a better job than MA? I thought he was a defender in his time and the coach of our football club. Looks to me as if he's doing a sterling job with the back four and helping them cut out the mistakes

People need to understand that the job is tough but for me, whoever the gaffer of this football club is, they will never be appreciated.

If you are not happy with the manager and the performances, then you get rid of all the backroom staff.

Start again with a fresh approach. New ideas.

Not sure if i would get rid though. Maybe he needs better assistants. Maybe Grew and Page are poor. Who really knows. Maybe its the players.

I do believe you have to have motivation. Not sure how much M.A. has at the Vale.

He is too ready to fight back, his comments are sarcastic to all [ bit like Smurf ]

Infact he and Smurf are too much alike to get on i think

Dont believe either of them respect the fans at all

My biggest gripe with Adams is that with a budget of £ 2.4 m this is the best he can do !!!

Dont know if i would want him to spend anymore of our money

Who's money?

Went tonight utterly depressed.

The abuse I'm getting is from my Bristol supporting mates. Laughing at our comical defending particularly "at our number 2 and 21" (not the only culprits but they were right).

Yes some of our passing was good (special mention to Billy Knott who played well), we were on top for much of the first half; but the 2nd and 3rd goals were horrible. Popey feeding off scraps again, Willo's head went down 2nd half but we had already made all our subs. As for Dickos sending off ***, hope he is fined for stupidity.

Spent most of the night stood by the group who were probably most vocal at the end (left at ft). Wouldn't surprise me if they were ott but it was a very tough watch tonight. Been to 5 games this season and the same defensive errors time after time.

Personally time for change is probably about right now. Micky seems to have had enough (generally moves clubs sooner than this anyway), we need to clear some of the back-room staff as well.

New CEO first to help Norm pick a new a manager, Norm needs the help so it will pay off in long run (Chris Powell would be fine, there would be plenty of decent managers who would fancy it), back-room clear it, fresh approach and direction. Start now so we can be ready for the new season.

Thanks for everything Micky we wouldn't be in league one without you but time for change all round.

UTV

Here's my tuppence worth. MA has done a great job on a very limited budget. League One is not an easy division to play in, or get out of, and we all know that. So, to be 11th in the table , after a decent enough cup run, in our first season back, is very good imo. Vale , like many seasons past, have been hot and cold to say the least. What are the expectation levels of the majority of the fans, I wonder? We all want to see the team make the play-offs, or better, but let's be realistic. Sheffield United and Bristol City were two of my picks for the top 6 this season, and they have spent most of the season languishing at the bottom of the table. The only difference was that they have more money than Vale and could chop and change. Last night was a pasting, no doubt about it, and I'm still trying to get over it. MA had the best of intentions going over to the fans, but perhaps he should have just taken the players down the tunnel. Although the few that abused him and some of the players

would probably have complained that he didn't go over and thank them. He shouldn't have reacted like he did, but then again , paying in doesn't mean that you can abuse a man like that. The back line is poor, but we have no money ( as usual) , so I don't know what to think. Some say he may/should leave, but I think he should stay. A season like this in the 80's or 90's would have been more than acceptable for the fans, but not these days. Everyone wants immediate results , in life as well as football. They want it yesterday, as they say. I met MA once , and he came across as a nice man, who took the time to talk football with me, and about going to Ireland on a pre-season tour. So , as I was in Ireland at the time, I went to Athlone , only for the game to be called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Micky didn't get on the bus and leave with the players. He came outside to the handful of fans and thanked each and every one of us for making the trip. He apologized for the game not going ahead.

I know I'm getting away from the subject at hand, but give the man a break. He's only human after all. Just like the fans.

Whether Micky goes or not, I have to say I'm not too fussy - very grateful for what he's done for us, but I'm not fussed either way.

One thing that I do think he should take the wrap for is the defence.

Off the top of my head, over the last 18 months Micky has used at least 12 different combinations of central defenders.

Ever likely we're at sixes and sevens most of the time.

Yes, some of that will be enforced through suspension or injury but once those are out of the way, most teams revert to their obvious first choice whilst we've never had one.

Owen, Boom, MacDonald, Davis, Purse, Chilvers,Robertson, Duffy, Dickinson and Grimmer.

For me, that's been the root of the problem on the pitch and it's the first thing that needs sorting out by whoever is leading us next season.

Archived