Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are suggesting it could be a reason for none attendance though' date=' for me that would be a crazy reason given how much we have progressed in this area.[/quote']

To you perhaps... but I doubt you are undecided about renewing your ST... some may be and may have one/more of the reasons listed.

To most football fans sadly that now appears to be the case :(

I want vale to play well and I want them to win... sometimes that doesnt always go hand in hand... play well would be a priority unless there is a threat of relegation in which case I would want a win no matter how it came... mid table/safe play well.. but thats just me

I don't understand why some think we will sell less STs?

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

I agree with most of what you say Dave, but we always sell less season tickets after a mid table season, no matter at what level. Last year they went up by a thousand on the back of promotion. Unfortunately we have had a great first half of the season, and a not so good second half. We would have sold more if we had started poorly and shot up the league after Christmas, fans have short memories. I think we will sell around 3800, which I still think is good ( a figure we didn't reach during the heyday of the 1990's - sales of ST's have risen generally everywhere since then). Unfortunately that would cut the budget further.

I want vale to play well and I want them to win... sometimes that doesnt always go hand in hand... play well would be a priority unless there is a threat of relegation in which case I would want a win no matter how it came... mid table/safe play well.. but thats just me

On this we are agreed but if it was a A or B choice I would guesss 90% + would say win over performance, its why a lot of players cheat to win at all costs.

Advert:

I'd love to know how with an average crowd of around 6500 this season, why our budget is now been reduced to £1.9million? I mean how are we to progress any further if 6500 only gets us that? What happened to "i can afford to get Vale to the Championship? Now i'm not saying Norm should keep dipping in his pocket, he shouldn't have to, but them numbers don't look right to me. Yes £1.9million might be 60%, but 60% of what, the last few games & season tickets only. Certainly not 60% of the total turnover of the club that it's supposed to be, & i have to ask the question why is that then?

I'd love to know how with an average crowd of around 6500 this season, why our budget is now been reduced to £1.9million? I mean how are we to progress any further if 6500 only gets us that? What happened to "i can afford to get Vale to the Championship? Now i'm not saying Norm should keep dipping in his pocket, he shouldn't have to, but them numbers don't look right to me. Yes £1.9million might be 60%, but 60% of what, the last few games & season tickets only. Certainly not 60% of the total turnover of the club that it's supposed to be, & i have to ask the question why is that then?

The bottom line is Norman has lost money this season, £1.2 mill according to him, and he doesn't want to do it again, hence the cut.

The bottom line is Norman has lost money this season, £1.2 mill according to him, and he doesn't want to do it again, hence the cut.

If you take out none recurring costs he wont have to... Pitch/shop/wildes/ticket master etc come close to £1M... but of course there may be things we dont know about

They weren't so exceptional in either game against us' date=' infact I would go so far to say we were actually the better side in both games.[/quote']

So do you want us to be like Crewe who pass it and lose, Vale who usually play long and win some lose some, or Orient who occasionally play long but pass it well round the box and win? Orient, of course, had a ****** good defence as well.

Is the cut because he doesn't want to lose any more money or because he wants to recoup some of the money he's lost already?

Advert:

6,500 (which is short of what is needed) relates to this seasons playing budget of 2.4 million, next season's playing budget is based on projected smaller gates.

So do you want us to be like Crewe who pass it and lose, Vale who usually play long and win some lose some, or Orient who occasionally play long but pass it well round the box and win? Orient, of course, had a ****** good defence as well.

Of course, like we did last season with a better defence though!

The bottom line is the progress on the pitch surely can't be used as a reason for not re-newing a ST, that would be bizarre.

6' date='500 (which is short of what is needed) relates to this seasons playing budget of 2.4 million, next season's playing budget is based on projected smaller gates.[/quote']

Surely the commercial department is bringing in 6 figures plus?

Of course, like we did last season with a better defence though!

The bottom line is the progress on the pitch surely can't be used as a reason for not re-newing a ST, that would be bizarre.

Stoke lost 3,000 season ticket holders last season because the football was crap yet their league position was the same as it had been for ages.

6' date='500 (which is short of what is needed) relates to this seasons playing budget of 2.4 million, next season's playing budget is based on projected smaller gates.[/quote']

Really? I thought Norm said the £2.4million was based on a annual turnover over £3.5million? Must of dreamt that then?

Advert:

I have asked Mark Porter(I think that's his name) to ask Smurf this when they meet,why does the 1.9m only take season ticket and gate money into account when it comes to the 60% figure,surely its all income coming into the club

I agree with most of what you say Dave, but we always sell less season tickets after a mid table season, no matter at what level. Last year they went up by a thousand on the back of promotion. Unfortunately we have had a great first half of the season, and a not so good second half. We would have sold more if we had started poorly and shot up the league after Christmas, fans have short memories. I think we will sell around 3800, which I still think is good ( a figure we didn't reach during the heyday of the 1990's - sales of ST's have risen generally everywhere since then). Unfortunately that would cut the budget further.

Even if we sell 3,800 which is a good total in itself I still cant see why the budget would after be cut further,surely the commercial department should try to bring more income in to make up the shortfall

Archived