Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

I meant... unless he sells... but then again I should have said .. unless he sells and keeps the ground

I get you. If some one wanted to buy just the club, he could force their hand with unrealistic rent demands

Advert:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why some think we will sell less STs?

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

Possibly because we are not riding the euphoria of promotion?

Possibly because the increase in Kids ST prices will deter parents?

Possibly because some fans will be tired of being the whipping boy and being blamed for everything?

Possibly because his attitude towards fans is appalling?

Possibly because of uncertainty within the club... manager.. players..etc?

Possibly something as simple as even though the opposition is better, making for better games, our on field structure has more holes than a string vest?

Who knows?

I dont think any of the above will deter the hard core, Im not sure anything would/could, but are there enough hard core to reach the target?

Will there be enough pay on the day/walk ups to cover the shortfall if there is one?

Will casual fans be willing to pay 25/26 quid to watch a match after a previous bad result/performance?

Its all well and good smurf saying fans just need to be organised to avoid the pay on the day increase but he hasnt set a very good example of being organised and some may feel they are being made to pay for his mistakes.

My biggest gripe with smurf is highlighted by the two conversations he had with jimmy on the training ground re shirt supplier... 1] the deal is done, he wants the team to play in the new kit before the end of the season, sondico are dumped... 2] its isnt a done deal, negotiations are in the process, it wont be made public until its signed and sealed.

It creates confusion and uncertainty and by telling a fan, any fan, it has been made public.

He said himself that unless its on the official site its cack... has the official site been moved to the training ground?

Far better for the club, the fans and himself if he did the deal, signed it and then announced it.... no need to blab about it... he didnt have a problem with doing it when he split the ground from the club... he wasnt telling everyone about that before it happened.

Possibly something as simple as even though the opposition is better, making for better games, our on field structure has more holes than a string vest?.

Our on field structure? We have exceeded most fans expectations to date and are on course for our best league placing in years! Do you mean off field??

Advert:

So you are criticising the on field team that have exceeded most peoples expectations?

Exceeded positional expectations in the league perhaps... how many goals have been given away this season through "holes" in the defense?... How much work has been done on the training pitch [stated by various] to plug the holes yet holes still appear?

Possibly something as simple as even though the opposition is better, making for better games, our on field structure has more holes than a string vest?

How many people have commented on it?

Exceeded positional expectations in the league perhaps... how many goals have been given away this season through "holes" in the defense?... How much work has been done on the training pitch [stated by various] to plug the holes yet holes still appear?

How many people have commented on it?

We didn't have a great defence last season, ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

Look for instance at Real vrs Barca last night, not great defending but a good spectacle so it happens at all levels.

Look at Liverpool great going forwards but so susceptible defensively it's untrue.

I for one think Micky and the players are doing a grand job this season and deserve credit.

We didn't have a great defence last season, ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

Look for instance at Real vrs Barca last night, not great defending but a good spectacle so it happens at all levels.

Look at Liverpool great going forwards but so susceptible defensively it's untrue.

I for one think Micky and the players are doing a grand job this season and deserve credit.

Christ on a bike REP... your avoiding the point of the original post completely... which wasnt being critical of the team but offering reasons why some people may choose not to buy a ST... which was the question asked

If you dont read the original post quoted you lose the context of the reply

Christ on a bike REP... your avoiding the point of the original post completely... which wasnt being critical of the team but offering reasons why some people may choose not to buy a ST... which was the question asked

If you dont read the original post quoted you lose the context of the reply

There's no reason not to go for the football, thats what I am saying. We are on course for our best season in years, scoring goals for fun, (conceding them too) and have better players that in a long time. They are all positive reasons. People don't need reasons not to go, its their choice but I can't fathom why anyone would try to use the on-field success against the team or Micky.

At the moment you are suggesting off the field is **** and on the field is ****, we might as well close the doors, turn the lights off and go home if everyone were to feel like that :(

Advert:

We didn't have a great defence last season' date='[b'] ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors[/b] and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

So we now know via Robbie Ever Positives superior wisdom why the defence continue to make the same mistakes time after time.It's because it's not worth working on the mistake's that the defence keep making :doh: .He must have a much better view of what goes on,on the pitch sitting high above us mere mortal in his ivory tower watching through his rose tinted spec's.

Or it could be him just being a W U M.

I think it would be more attractive to fans if we passed the ball. IMO the football on show isnt great, most of our play comes from a long ball to pope. I would much prefer to see a passing game and Im sure we would sell more doing that.

There's no reason not to go for the football, thats what I am saying. We are on course for our best season in years, scoring goals for fun, (conceding them too) and have better players that in a long time. They are all positive reasons. People don't need reasons not to go, its their choice but I can't fathom why anyone would try to use the on-field success against the team or Micky.

At the moment you are suggesting off the field is **** and on the field is ****, we might as well close the doors, turn the lights off and go home if everyone were to feel like that :(

Im not suggesting that at all you daft bat... it was a response to a question... which listed the possible reasons why we could sell less season tickets than last year... I didnt say we would sell less... or that everyone/anyone would use any/all the reasons... they are simply the possibilities why someone would/could/may/may not choose not to buy one.

I think it would be more attractive to fans if we passed the ball. IMO the football on show isnt great, most of our play comes from a long ball to pope. I would much prefer to see a passing game and Im sure we would sell more doing that.

But look where Crewe are for example. I would have thought, but stand to be corrected, that fans would rather be where we are scoring the goals we are and conceding less than them?

But look where Crewe are for example. I would have thought' date=' but stand to be corrected, that fans would rather be where we are scoring the goals we are and conceding less than them?[/quote']

Perhaps they would also rather be where a passing team like Orient are for example??

Advert:

Im not suggesting that at all you daft bat... it was a response to a question... which listed the possible reasons why we could sell less season tickets than last year... I didnt say we would sell less... or that everyone/anyone would use any/all the reasons... they are simply the possibilities why someone would/could/may/may not choose not to buy one.

You are suggesting it could be a reason for none attendance though, for me that would be a crazy reason given how much we have progressed in this area.

They weren't so exceptional in either game against us' date=' infact I would go so far to say we were actually the better side in in both games.[/quote']

But we lost... I thought the only thing of importance was the win?

Archived