onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

Christ on a bike REP... your avoiding the point of the original post completely... which wasnt being critical of the team but offering reasons why some people may choose not to buy a ST... which was the question asked

If you dont read the original post quoted you lose the context of the reply

There's no reason not to go for the football, thats what I am saying. We are on course for our best season in years, scoring goals for fun, (conceding them too) and have better players that in a long time. They are all positive reasons. People don't need reasons not to go, its their choice but I can't fathom why anyone would try to use the on-field success against the team or Micky.

At the moment you are suggesting off the field is **** and on the field is ****, we might as well close the doors, turn the lights off and go home if everyone were to feel like that :(

Advert

We didn't have a great defence last season' date='[b'] ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors[/b] and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

Look for instance at Real vrs Barca last night, not great defending but a good spectacle so it happens at all levels.

Look at Liverpool great going forwards but so susceptible defensively it's untrue.

I for one think Micky and the players are doing a grand job this season and deserve credit.

So we now know via Robbie Ever Positives superior wisdom why the defence continue to make the same mistakes time after time.It's because it's not worth working on the mistake's that the defence keep making :doh: .He must have a much better view of what goes on,on the pitch sitting high above us mere mortal in his ivory tower watching through his rose tinted spec's.

Or it could be him just being a W U M.

There's no reason not to go for the football, thats what I am saying. We are on course for our best season in years, scoring goals for fun, (conceding them too) and have better players that in a long time. They are all positive reasons. People don't need reasons not to go, its their choice but I can't fathom why anyone would try to use the on-field success against the team or Micky.

At the moment you are suggesting off the field is **** and on the field is ****, we might as well close the doors, turn the lights off and go home if everyone were to feel like that :(

Im not suggesting that at all you daft bat... it was a response to a question... which listed the possible reasons why we could sell less season tickets than last year... I didnt say we would sell less... or that everyone/anyone would use any/all the reasons... they are simply the possibilities why someone would/could/may/may not choose not to buy one.

I think it would be more attractive to fans if we passed the ball. IMO the football on show isnt great, most of our play comes from a long ball to pope. I would much prefer to see a passing game and Im sure we would sell more doing that.

But look where Crewe are for example. I would have thought, but stand to be corrected, that fans would rather be where we are scoring the goals we are and conceding less than them?

But look where Crewe are for example. I would have thought' date=' but stand to be corrected, that fans would rather be where we are scoring the goals we are and conceding less than them?[/quote']

Perhaps they would also rather be where a passing team like Orient are for example??

Im not suggesting that at all you daft bat... it was a response to a question... which listed the possible reasons why we could sell less season tickets than last year... I didnt say we would sell less... or that everyone/anyone would use any/all the reasons... they are simply the possibilities why someone would/could/may/may not choose not to buy one.

You are suggesting it could be a reason for none attendance though, for me that would be a crazy reason given how much we have progressed in this area.

You are suggesting it could be a reason for none attendance though' date=' for me that would be a crazy reason given how much we have progressed in this area.[/quote']

To you perhaps... but I doubt you are undecided about renewing your ST... some may be and may have one/more of the reasons listed.

To most football fans sadly that now appears to be the case :(

I want vale to play well and I want them to win... sometimes that doesnt always go hand in hand... play well would be a priority unless there is a threat of relegation in which case I would want a win no matter how it came... mid table/safe play well.. but thats just me

I don't understand why some think we will sell less STs?

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

I agree with most of what you say Dave, but we always sell less season tickets after a mid table season, no matter at what level. Last year they went up by a thousand on the back of promotion. Unfortunately we have had a great first half of the season, and a not so good second half. We would have sold more if we had started poorly and shot up the league after Christmas, fans have short memories. I think we will sell around 3800, which I still think is good ( a figure we didn't reach during the heyday of the 1990's - sales of ST's have risen generally everywhere since then). Unfortunately that would cut the budget further.

I want vale to play well and I want them to win... sometimes that doesnt always go hand in hand... play well would be a priority unless there is a threat of relegation in which case I would want a win no matter how it came... mid table/safe play well.. but thats just me

On this we are agreed but if it was a A or B choice I would guesss 90% + would say win over performance, its why a lot of players cheat to win at all costs.

I'd love to know how with an average crowd of around 6500 this season, why our budget is now been reduced to £1.9million? I mean how are we to progress any further if 6500 only gets us that? What happened to "i can afford to get Vale to the Championship? Now i'm not saying Norm should keep dipping in his pocket, he shouldn't have to, but them numbers don't look right to me. Yes £1.9million might be 60%, but 60% of what, the last few games & season tickets only. Certainly not 60% of the total turnover of the club that it's supposed to be, & i have to ask the question why is that then?

Archived