onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

Gosh! We have a chairman/owner who is not perfect, how many other league teams are in a similar situation? We are not a massive business who can afford silky PR skills, however electronic media is increasing the speed of information flow for better or for worse. Bits of info either maintain interest until the full story can be told, delayed for various reasons, or the deal falls through, a matter of opinion. But that is the age we live in. I would prefer full statements on the Vale site, but realise local media has to appear to play it`s part.

Advert

Except any new owner would have a separate ground and football club so we would still be in the same position.
Does not the ground sale covenant arranged by the council cover this? I assume a similar option to the Assets Of Community Value (ACV) system..

I don't think it's much to worry about. Any prospective purchaser would almost certainly not want one without the other. It gives Smurf a better negotiating position but I don't think it's a huge issue

Good point, given how sympathetic he was to Coventry's plight I also don't think he would want to harm the club or be a hated figure.

Except any new owner would have a separate ground and football club so we would still be in the same position.

Not if any new owner amalgamated the two, which isn't complicated

Of course it improves his position Geo. any rent due would be at Smurf's discretion and therefore it's an extremely powerful tool

Not if any new owner amalgamated the two, which isn't complicated

Of course it improves his position Geo. any rent due would be at Smurf's discretion and therefore it's an extremely powerful tool

I meant... unless he sells... but then again I should have said .. unless he sells and keeps the ground

I don't understand why some think we will sell less STs?

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

A top ten finish seems likely. We have reached safety with 9 games to go. ST prices kept similar to this season and represent great value for money. I and I believe most other fans have really enjoyed the far superior to league 2 football on show.

Nearly all football league clubs will be having to cut budgets. I bet ours in relation to other clubs in the league with us next season will still be equally as strong as this season if not more so.

There are numerous things I don't agree with at the club but at least I can also see the positives that have, and are being, achieved.

Possibly because we are not riding the euphoria of promotion?

Possibly because the increase in Kids ST prices will deter parents?

Possibly because some fans will be tired of being the whipping boy and being blamed for everything?

Possibly because his attitude towards fans is appalling?

Possibly because of uncertainty within the club... manager.. players..etc?

Possibly something as simple as even though the opposition is better, making for better games, our on field structure has more holes than a string vest?

Who knows?

I dont think any of the above will deter the hard core, Im not sure anything would/could, but are there enough hard core to reach the target?

Will there be enough pay on the day/walk ups to cover the shortfall if there is one?

Will casual fans be willing to pay 25/26 quid to watch a match after a previous bad result/performance?

Its all well and good smurf saying fans just need to be organised to avoid the pay on the day increase but he hasnt set a very good example of being organised and some may feel they are being made to pay for his mistakes.

My biggest gripe with smurf is highlighted by the two conversations he had with jimmy on the training ground re shirt supplier... 1] the deal is done, he wants the team to play in the new kit before the end of the season, sondico are dumped... 2] its isnt a done deal, negotiations are in the process, it wont be made public until its signed and sealed.

It creates confusion and uncertainty and by telling a fan, any fan, it has been made public.

He said himself that unless its on the official site its cack... has the official site been moved to the training ground?

Far better for the club, the fans and himself if he did the deal, signed it and then announced it.... no need to blab about it... he didnt have a problem with doing it when he split the ground from the club... he wasnt telling everyone about that before it happened.

So you are criticising the on field team that have exceeded most peoples expectations?

Exceeded positional expectations in the league perhaps... how many goals have been given away this season through "holes" in the defense?... How much work has been done on the training pitch [stated by various] to plug the holes yet holes still appear?

Possibly something as simple as even though the opposition is better, making for better games, our on field structure has more holes than a string vest?

How many people have commented on it?

Exceeded positional expectations in the league perhaps... how many goals have been given away this season through "holes" in the defense?... How much work has been done on the training pitch [stated by various] to plug the holes yet holes still appear?

How many people have commented on it?

We didn't have a great defence last season, ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

Look for instance at Real vrs Barca last night, not great defending but a good spectacle so it happens at all levels.

Look at Liverpool great going forwards but so susceptible defensively it's untrue.

I for one think Micky and the players are doing a grand job this season and deserve credit.

We didn't have a great defence last season, ultimately no amount of training can account for individual errors and they will only improve with the addition of better players which cost money. We have the makings of some decent defenders in Duffy at centre half and Grimmer if we can keep him at right back but when we did tighten up at Carlisle early season and against Shrewsbury and Colchester posters moaned that it wasn't exciting football but it got results.

Look for instance at Real vrs Barca last night, not great defending but a good spectacle so it happens at all levels.

Look at Liverpool great going forwards but so susceptible defensively it's untrue.

I for one think Micky and the players are doing a grand job this season and deserve credit.

Christ on a bike REP... your avoiding the point of the original post completely... which wasnt being critical of the team but offering reasons why some people may choose not to buy a ST... which was the question asked

If you dont read the original post quoted you lose the context of the reply

Archived