onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

Advert

I agree with a lot of posters on here. The only reason I will be renewing is the unshakeable love I have for Port Vale. There's nothing else.

Stoke are enjoying the most success they've had in years and our chairman is offering nothing to the youngsters of Stoke-on-Trent to turn down seeing Suarez, Aguero and Hazard every other week to come and see Griffith two-footing Colchester's 3rd choice left-back.

We have a reduced budget next year, the manager and the chairman obviously don't get on(deceive yourselves all you want) and the club, imo, has made no progress off the pitch from the days of Bratt.

We still have weapons like Lodey running the club, the Lorne Street has not been worked on (Smurf claims it's because of the Wolves police bill, but wasn't that halved?) and the simple things such as catering are a joke.

Looking at the league tables this morning, it looks like Wolves (4000 away following) will be going up, and Rotherham/Preston could be going with them. Crewe, Notts County and Shrewsbury will probably go down. That's a big loss of away followings.

Yeovil, Barnsley, Millwall, Charlton could come down. No big followings there.

Chesterfield, Rochdale, Scunthorpe coming up. Decent, but not 4000. Lob in the fact that Coventry's ground situation will hopefully be resolved by next season and their fans won't be taking 3500+ to every away game and there will be a considerably lower average attendance at Vale Park year, even if we get 4300 ST's again.

I know this is a bit of an unstructured, poorly worded rant but there is a lot of issues I think Smurf needs to address. It's disappointing that the best on-field success we've had in a decade has not been matched by off-field success. :(

I for one won't be getting a season ticket has I work noons so not worth it for me.Has for walk in prices £25 is ridiculous so I will pick me games,probably go to more away games for the day out has Vale park is a morgue anyway.

Funny all the people not renewing and moaning now are the ones who tried tear me apart for doing the same in the summer when the price didn't suit my budget, I was told to go to stoke. People on this website have double standards. Saying that the vale faithful do seem a bunch of tards at the best of times. I had the embarrassment of seeing how the vale numpties acted in Wolverhampton. All you lot ever want to do is be over positive or over negative. Any reason in any post or comment with a good argument is slated because all you lot can do is ****ing moan or bounce around like tweenies with over excitement. No wonder this club rots.

Funny all the people not renewing and moaning now are the ones who tried tear me apart for doing the same in the summer when the price didn't suit my budget, I was told to go to stoke. People on this website have double standards. Saying that the vale faithful do seem a bunch of tards at the best of times. I had the embarrassment of seeing how the vale numpties acted in Wolverhampton. All you lot ever want to do is be over positive or over negative. Any reason in any post or comment with a good argument is slated because all you lot can do is ****ing moan or bounce around like tweenies with over excitement. No wonder this club rots.

Harsh but pretty fair.

Harsh and not fair. It's not really fair to say that everyone on OVF has double standards nor do all of our members 'moan and bounce around like tweenies. I might if I could! :rolleyes:

Excellent post spot on

Decent post, shame but there is a good bit of truth in it.

Good. Although you didn't need to read what I'd written if you'd used your brain and realised the implications of the removal of the scanners. ;)

Didn't he say there was going to be a new system put in? This may / may not present an opportunity to print tickets at home in advance?

However if not a facility to ring or order online and pay in advance and collect on the day should suffice.

Looking at the league tables this morning, it looks like Wolves (4000 away following) will be going up, and Rotherham/Preston could be going with them. Crewe, Notts County and Shrewsbury will probably go down. That's a big loss of away followings.

Yeovil, Barnsley, Millwall, Charlton could come down. No big games there.(

Alternatively.......

Wolves could get replaced quite easily by Birmingham. They are sinking fast.

Rotherham and Preston could both stay and Brentford and Leyton Orient could go up. No loss there then.

Going out of the league could be Stevenage and Carlisle. Colchester could also get pulled into the mix. Again, no loss.

Burton could get automatic promotion and replace Notts Countys away following. Plymouth could win the play offs. They always travel well.

It all depends how full your glass is i suppose.

Sorry I don't follow you around the messageboard obsessed by all of your posts and I haven't been on the site as much this week due to work commitments ;)

Must do better - 100 lines for me! :rolleyes:

Can you give me the details of your employer please ? I will call them and pay them a kings ransom to keep you very very busy if it keeps you off here.

I will get my season ticket this week as I love my club. This has been a great season far better than I expected. Smurf, Adams and the squad deserve a massive pat on the back. Smurf has done and is doing his best for the club but his pockets are not limitless and quite rightly so. My beloved Vale will always struggle financially and have done most of my 53 years on this planet. But I will always dream because they do come true the 24th November 1992 being one of many.

Alternatively.......

Wolves could get replaced quite easily by Birmingham. They are sinking fast.

Rotherham and Preston could both stay and Brentford and Leyton Orient could go up. No loss there then.

Going out of the league could be Stevenage and Carlisle. Colchester could also get pulled into the mix. Again, no loss.

Burton could get automatic promotion and replace Notts Countys away following. Plymouth could win the play offs. They always travel well.

It all depends how full your glass is i suppose.

Crewe, Shrewsbury and Notts County have done themselves no harm today. Let's hope all 3 stay up.

Archived