onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

People keep saying fans can book tickets in advance on line, but how will this work when the scanners are gone? Will it be a case of buy one, photocopy it ten times and eleven get in for the price of one?
Pay online and collect would appear con proof if no other system available.

Advert

The club can be sold with or without the ground, with various options such as for a future sale of the ground, at an agreed price after a few years. No point in worrying about it, it will be up to the new owner to sort it.

Out of all peoples gripes with Norman, this is the one thing that worries me, and I'm genuinely astounded that it's nothing more than a footnote.

Splitting the ground from the club makes us a less attractive proposition to potential suitors surely? The article says we aren't paying rent at the moment, but if the club is sold without it, then the rent will come into play. Wont that affect the playing budget? It will certainly be an annual 6 figure bill that we currently don't have now. The money to pay it will have to be found somewhere. To me, there is absolutely no benefit to Port Vale in splitting the ground from the club. There is however, to the owner of the Ground.

Norman always said that when he left us, it would be with no debt and in a better position than when he bought us. I have no reason to disbelieve that yet, but if he does sell us without the ground we will be in debt to him straight away (the ground rent) and Port Vale not owning the ground is not a better position than Port Vale owning the ground, which ever way you look at it. Only time will tell I guess, whether he is a man off his word.

People keep saying fans can book tickets in advance on line, but how will this work when the scanners are gone? Will it be a case of buy one, photocopy it ten times and eleven get in for the price of one?

You can book theatre,concert tickets online / by phone and collect at the box office.Why not footie grounds?

...I agree. As soon as he can get a reasonable/acceptable price' date=' I believe he will sell the club, retain the ground and start charging us rent - at a rate decided by himself. All he has done by splitting the ground from the club is add a football ground to his portfolio of 60 odd rental houses that he allegedly owns in Coventry. We could well be at the thin end of a very nasty wedge.[/quote']

I'm afraid. Very afraid. Our chairman has no loyalty to our neck of the woods. Fall out not too far away.

Out of all peoples gripes with Norman, this is the one thing that worries me, and I'm genuinely astounded that it's nothing more than a footnote.

Splitting the ground from the club makes us a less attractive proposition to potential suitors surely? The article says we aren't paying rent at the moment, but if the club is sold without it, then the rent will come into play. Wont that affect the playing budget? It will certainly be an annual 6 figure bill that we currently don't have now. The money to pay it will have to be found somewhere. To me, there is absolutely no benefit to Port Vale in splitting the ground from the club. There is however, to the owner of the Ground.

Norman always said that when he left us, it would be with no debt and in a better position than when he bought us. I have no reason to disbelieve that yet, but if he does sell us without the ground we will be in debt to him straight away (the ground rent) and Port Vale not owning the ground is not a better position than Port Vale owning the ground, which ever way you look at it. Only time will tell I guess, whether he is a man off his word.

Sad isnt it....

I agree 100% Cheeky. Splitting the club from the ground is a path to destruction. Smurthwaite of all people should know this being a Coventry man but I really don't think that he actually gives a 'stuff' about Port Vale. Even if he does he isn't planning to put his hand into his pocket, perhaps if he did all that he would find would be his hanky. I'm sorry but I don't trust Smurf a jot.

...I agree. As soon as he can get a reasonable/acceptable price' date=' I believe he will sell the club, retain the ground and start charging us rent - at a rate decided by himself. All he has done by splitting the ground from the club is add a football ground to his portfolio of 60 odd rental houses that he allegedly owns in Coventry. We could well be at the thin end of a very nasty wedge.[/quote']

I find it unbelievable that this seems to have gone under the radar with so many folk.

The "Happy Clappers" must be in denial.......And I agree 100%, that this could well be at the thin end of a very nasty wedge

I agree 100% Cheeky. Splitting the club from the ground is a path to destruction. Smurthwaite of all people should know this being a Coventry man but I really don't think that he actually gives a 'stuff' about Port Vale. Even if he does he isn't planning to put his hand into his pocket, perhaps if he did all that he would find would be his hanky. I'm sorry but I don't trust Smurf a jot.

Ditto old pal. You good?

Surely it's a case of 'buyer beware' ?. In my mind, anyone thinking of buying the club would surely want to own the ground, if not then they would be effectively digging their own grave.

There are a number of ways of looking at this in my opinion :

1) Norman pulls the plug and the club goes bankrupt - hopefully someone buys the club but not the ground, thus leaving Norman with a chance of receiving his money back via ground rent.

2) Norman sells the club for a low cost sale and again uses the ground rent as his top-up.

3) Norman sells the entire club with ground for a price that gets him his money back, or at a loss and takes what he can get.

4) Norman sells the club to one buyer, and the land to another.

I am sure there are plenty more possibilities, perhaps someone will come in as a partner ?

Also, where does the council covenant come into play with regards the ground being used for football/sport?

In my opinion there is only ONE scenario I want Norman to play out :

Give Micky a contract, buy players who can improve the club, win more games, get more fans, get promotion, make a profit and carry on doing so.

I fear that next season s/t sales will be down on this season and overall average attendances will be lower. None season ticket fans will be more selective on which games to watch depending the opposing teams because of the higher prices.

It will be difficult for the manager to improve the playing squad with a deceasing budget. So I very much fear that the Vale will be in a similar position as the one that Crewe are in this season.

I completely agree.

Surely it's a case of 'buyer beware' ?. In my mind, anyone thinking of buying the club would surely want to own the ground, if not then they would be effectively digging their own grave.

1) Norman pulls the plug and the club goes bankrupt - hopefully someone buys the club but not the ground, thus leaving Norman with a chance of receiving his money back via ground rent.

2) Norman sells the club for a low cost sale and again uses the ground rent as his top-up.

3) Norman sells the entire club with ground for a price that gets him his money back, or at a loss and takes what he can get.

I am sure there are plenty more possibilities, perhaps someone will come in as a partner ?

Also, where does the council covenant come into play with regards the ground being used for football/sport?

Give Micky a contract, buy players who can improve the club, win more games, get more fans, get promotion, make a profit and carry on doing so.

Great post Fred.

Not sure we will be buying any players but subject to matching last seasons ST sales of 4,300 it appears we will have a decent budget and a spring board on which to push on.

I'm sure they can book online and collect on the day, Phil, but the home printing option which REP has mentioned yet again is not going to be possible without the scanners. I mentioned this the day the prices were announced but some people don't take any notice. ;)

I think part of Norman's problem when it comes to considering the sale of the club is that when he took over control from Wildes he also took on all the rest of the kit and caboodle that made up the Alchemy Investment Group. As a result he now owns not only the Vale but also a number of hairdressers, beauty salons, a recruitment company and other odds and sods. I'm sure he didn't want any of these but is now stuck with them.

Perhaps he could offer a free hair cut with each season ticket? Or buy a football club and get some shops free?

I'm sure they can book online and collect on the day, Phil, but the home printing option which REP has mentioned yet again is not going to be possible without the scanners. I mentioned this the day the prices were announced but some people don't take any notice. ;)

Sorry I don't follow you around the messageboard obsessed by all of your posts and I haven't been on the site as much this week due to work commitments ;)

Must do better - 100 lines for me! :rolleyes:

Archived