onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on P & G ?

PVTony

My apologies Jimmy... just trying to preempt the next statement he makes to a supporter... in the pub/office/game/toilet.

If they are so fantastic and record breaking why would he want to change such a winning contribution?...

"First there is a contract... then there isnt a contract.. then there is".... cant get the tune out of my head.. who sang it?... substitute contract with mountain

Was Donovan, nate.

Advert

"He added: "I know one thing which has unsettled some fans is the issue about the stadium.

"That took place when we bought the club. There is no money being paid by the club to anyone in relation to the stadium.

"That only triggers in the event that the owner of the club is different to the owner of the stadium.

"Then a lease kicks in and there's a payment between the two parties.""

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Norman-Smurthwaite-believes-fans/story-20839582-detail/story.html#ixzz2wgPwF7pV

Norman speaks again. Today's article in The Sentinel. The above quote worries me somewhat.

If he were to sell the club, I think he may have a ready made pension plan.

He just gets worse and worse. How can he expect a promotion push or top 8 finish next season when he is decreasing the budget? Pay on the day prices are shocking and kids tickets are a rip off.

I fear that next season s/t sales will be down on this season and overall average attendances will be lower. None season ticket fans will be more selective on which games to watch depending the opposing teams because of the higher prices.

It will be difficult for the manager to improve the playing squad with a deceasing budget. So I very much fear that the Vale will be in a similar position as the one that Crewe are in this season.

I can only imagine he meant top 8 with a budget of 1.9m.With the likelihood of a few of the bigger budgets leaving League 1 this season,Wolves? Preston?Brentford? and a few others having to cut their budgets I don't think a top 8 finish is unrealistic considering where we are placed this season.Agreed,pay on the day is not good.

So long as it's an easy system which enables customers to order and pay for their tickets in advance the pay on the day system ahould be negated. This if possible needs an order and print at home option, ticket office to be open after home games for at least an hour and ring, pay and reserve options.

I think he's put the POD prices up for few reasons;

1. So he's aware of stewarding/police costs

2. The club can budget for ancillary spends and other staffing levels

3. Possibly given the issues with hooligans and racism to dissuade such people he's making it harder for them to plan. This in turn should help the family atmosphere within the ground on match days.

He does need to look at family packages, small block season tickets and a bring a mate incentive along with other unique discounts and benefits.

I don't think there is a plan for anything.

He talks about better PR, them comes out with another load of flannel.

Frightening.

As I see it, I am looking at parting with £650 for 2 season tickets in the next 5/6 weeks.

Where else would you find a business trying to sell you something for that amount of money with all the bitching/ flannel and negativity?

The only 'pull' is my love and loyalty to the club, how much is that worth?

So long as it's an easy system which enables customers to order and pay for their tickets in advance the pay on the day system ahould be negated. This if possible needs an order and print at home option, ticket office to be open after home games for at least an hour and ring, pay and reserve options.

3. Possibly given the issues with hooligans and racism to dissuade such people he's making it harder for them to plan. This in turn should help the family atmosphere within the ground on match days.

He does need to look at family packages, small block season tickets and a bring a mate incentive along with other unique discounts and benefits.

If you believe that you will believe everything/anything the numpty :smurf: says... Oh hang on

As soon as they cart you off to the nearest care home it will be 'Britannia Stadium here we come :D

I've suspecting something going on for a while.But thanks for confirming that the Stoke attendance is made up by people from a care home being forced into going the incinerator stadium.

As I see it, I am looking at parting with £650 for 2 season tickets in the next 5/6 weeks.

Where else would you find a business trying to sell you something for that amount of money with all the bitching/ flannel and negativity?

The only 'pull' is my love and loyalty to the club, how much is that worth?

I agree, mate.

My love for the Club(not individuals/manager/owner etc) will see me purchasing season tickets for as long as I am fit and able to attend. I maybe in a minority there but do believe Vale have a hard core of a couple of thousand similar to me who will always support the lads, come what may. It's in our blood.

I do however worry about our owner's ability to see what makes Clubs **** and what is really needed to attract fans and paying customers to Vale Park. It's obvious we need to cut the cloth accordingly so we never get into the financial mess of the past few years BUT also for the future of Vale we have to know what will get floaters/casuals/families/ kids etc into the ground.

Vale can rely on, as I say, about a couple of thousand season ticket holders minimum every season now and I would have no reservations for deals/cut price POD/blocks/ etc to attempt to get as many fans in as possible even if that meant decreasing the actual value of the season ticket I purchase. I know I'm lucky enough to afford to pay up front for the whole season, even though I may not attend every home match(me and my missus do like our holidays too) but in the Potteries, possibly even more so than any where else people do not have the disposable income at their grasp to fork out big prices to watch a Football match.

I do wonder if Norm, bless him, has honestly grasped how hard it is to get Vale full or how the game is so different from a "normal" business venture. Football fans need cajoling and actually need to feel wanted even if the fare on the pitch is poor and unentertaining. I don't believe it's rocket science! Attract casuals/floaters/ people who cannot afford to go most games by offering them sensible alternative deals. I repeat I feel that the majority of true Valiants would not blink if offers were forthcoming to get people in and it meant those offers actually undercut or equalled the value a season ticket has to it's owner. We all want the best for our Club. I do by buying a season ticket, knowing it adds to the budget available to the Manager to help us progress. Many other people out there would come to our games IF the price was right/ deals were struck to get families and kids in the habit.

Norman's background of business ventures surely must mean he could now see a PR assault on the public will gradually change people's perceptions of Vale? Whatever it takes financially now to blitz the people and sit down and really think a strategy out to attract fans to our brilliant Club must repay us multi times over for the future?

We've been promoted, we've consolidated ourselves as a respectable Team in League 1. NOW is the time to invest in real thought to keep us interested and attract more and more paying customers. Come on Norm can't you see opportunities are going astray here and it's got to be for the coming season that we try so hard to establish long term committed fans for the future?

"He added: "I know one thing which has unsettled some fans is the issue about the stadium.

"That took place when we bought the club. There is no money being paid by the club to anyone in relation to the stadium.

"That only triggers in the event that the owner of the club is different to the owner of the stadium.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Norman-Smurthwaite-believes-fans/story-20839582-detail/story.html#ixzz2wgPwF7pV

Norman speaks again. Today's article in The Sentinel. The above quote worries me somewhat.

...I agree. As soon as he can get a reasonable/acceptable price, I believe he will sell the club, retain the ground and start charging us rent - at a rate decided by himself. All he has done by splitting the ground from the club is add a football ground to his portfolio of 60 odd rental houses that he allegedly owns in Coventry. We could well be at the thin end of a very nasty wedge.

The club can be sold with or without the ground, with various options such as for a future sale of the ground, at an agreed price after a few years. No point in worrying about it, it will be up to the new owner to sort it.

Agreed, I would also consider a membership scheme with discounted tickets. We are in a difficult situation, competing for the fans of tomorrow, against a TV funded club who will make the best use of their spell in the Prem, to spoil our future, as I am sure we would do.

Archived