onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What did Davies do?

Advert

Agreed along with that it's also Micky, Morsy, JMW, Neal and Griffith.

I don't care too much about grammar, it's just odd people don't know the correct names of key individuals at / previously at the club.

......and it's Jeno not Jenno(well according to his Twitter feed anyway).:D;)

Agreed along with that it's also Micky, Morsy, JMW, Neal and Griffith.

I don't care too much about grammar, it's just odd people don't know the correct names of key individuals at / previously at the club.

It's not grammar it's Grimmer.:)

It's your opinion that he won't be given another shot by Adams it is mine he will be. Targeted by Crewe or not you need to watch the match footage back as the yellow he received was a definate yellow and as was the challenge minutes later when he went straight through their centre forward. Even Adams & Grew admitted in the post match interviews he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

My point is he will get another chance and I sincerely hope he makes the grade at Vale.

Totally agree. At times through his Vale career he looks a prospect and thought he'd turned a corner after his success at Luton and relative promise in the games he played alongside side Grimmer albeit not against great opposition.

I think like a number of the younger players, Hughill aside, he will be playing for his future in reserve games and first team games particularly when we are safe in the last month of the season.

I'm not certain I would keep him, infact of the younger players at the moment the only ones I would definitely keep are Johnson, O'Neil, Alexander and Hughill.

It does rather undermine my case when I'm banging on about him and then I can't even spell his name right. Please log it as a senior moment - yet another in my case!

I was about to start analysing the Craig Davies, Marc Richards penalty bust up :laugh:

I don't think he has been treated appallingly at all. He was woefully 'all at sea' versus Crewe and had to subbed otherwise he would (& should) have been sent off. He had a reasonable run in the team now he's out - it's nothing personal and is just part of being a professional footballer. I'm sure he'll come back stronger & all the better for it.

How can you say he would have been sent off are you mystic Meg, I think he could have gone on and scored a hatrick

How can you say he would have been sent off are you mystic Meg, I think he could have gone on and scored a hatrick

I say it based on his 33 minute performance in that game. The problem is Adams would have been crucified had Davis been sent off after his reprieve from a second yellow. It was the correct decision at that point in the game although Joe was not to blame for the end result as we had another 11 ineptly performing players on the pitch after his substitution!

I say it based on his 33 minute performance in that game. The problem is Adams would have been crucified had Davis been sent off after his reprieve from a second yellow. It was the correct decision at that point in the game although Joe was not to blame for the end result as we had another 11 ineptly performing players on the pitch after his substitution!

I agree with the points you have made but I think that one of my points is that Adams said on P&G he had taken him off because his head wasn't right (or words to that effect) as he had seen what losing matches was doing to his father. It was only later that he said it w as to protect him from being sent off and the team going down to 10 men. I actually agree with this, God knows why he just didn't say that.

That still doesn't change the fact that he hasn't featured in any squads since when a number of us thought he had been playing really well since his return from his loan spell. This is tha part I am struggling with.

Like others have said though, that's the managers prerogative.

He has joined a long line of young players who have been subjected to the same cold shoulder treatment by Adams as opposed to some of the older players who have let us down on numerous occasions.

I bet Adams is itching to give Jones another go. Joe came back a new player and had the family game where he was clearly wound up. It's a pity that he's competing with Duffy, because Duffy is playing well and shows great composure.

I don't think the summer signings have really improved the team, although it's hard to compare in the higher division. Mohamed for Vincent - no score draw. Lines and Griff for Burge and Morsy. I'd go for the latter. Robertson for McDonald/McCombe. He's no better at defending. Tomlin ?? Dicko has been a plus, if only for the way he can rouse the crowd and the rest of the team.

The loanees have been good. It's a pity we won't be able to sign Knott or Grimmer for next season.

Once the play-offs are totally out of the question, if they aren't already, give Hugill, O'Neill and Davis a run and any others with a decent chance to prove themselves.

Archived