onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What did Davies do?

Advert

:opps: :blush: Guilty M'Lud.

Maybe not that occasion but I'm sure he did something to get himself shipped out.

I don't think his high cards : appearences ratio helped but the two-footed red versus Rochdale last season that cost us two points was the final straw for Adams (rightly or wrongly).

:opps: :blush: Guilty M'Lud.

Maybe not that occasion but I'm sure he did something to get himself shipped out.

Micky Adams fined Sam two-week's wages and called him a "coward" after he was sent off against Rochdale.Morsy issued an official apology,but insisted that "there was no malice in the challenge".Adams kept him out of the first team picture for six weeks after the incident,resulting in Sam rejecting the offer of a new two-year contract and leaving the club.

I don't think Adams really fancied Morsy as a player, and you get the impression he doesn't really fancy Joe Davis either.

As the manager that's his prerogative, he builds his squad as he sees fit.

We've got plenty of players out on the pitch making mistakes at the moment, they're experienced pros and you can't really argue that it's part of their learning curve. At least if some of the younger lads make mistakes on the pitch there's a danger they might learn from them.

Personally though I would hope that in the longer term we can allow ourselves to trust younger players a bit more, we got a modest bit of cash for Morsy and selling players can still be a decent income stream if you recruit and develop talent that's the right age. Signing players

that are late 20s/early 30s such as Mohamed and Tomlin hasn't exactly been a success, if they were both ten years younger then we might have been on to something but they aren't.

I disagree.

Morsy had a serious disciplinary problem which was found out and no manager in the land would have put up with his antics prior to the Bristol Rovers game last season. Davies had a lot of pressure on him to perform, from both family and team (including management), and when it came to it he apparently lost it.

I fancy we'll see young Davies at some point in the future - and in a Vale shirt.

Morsy's disciplinary record is better than Griffiths. The old myth that Sam was a hot head is utter rubbish.

He had a style of play that would inevitably pick up cautions (and 1 red). Griff is exactly the same, but Micky plays him nearly every week.

I'm sick of these excuses being made about Morsy. I for one am glad to see him doing so well in a Chesterfield side that we'll be playing next year.

OK looks like I'm alone in my views on this one. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and Davies goes on to become a great Vale player.

Time will tell as ever.

The only thing that you and many others have got wrong Bert is the spelling of his name. Other than that he has been treated very harshly by Mr Adams. May be there is a reason, maybe there isn't either way I do wonder why after so long into the season the Manager still can't seem to make up his mind what is the best combination. Settled defences are always better because they know each others strengths and weaknesses. Duffy often looks good but can't cope with a big man. Robertson can't handle pace. Grimmer seems hit and miss and Davis is still learning and will make mistakes. What he needs is a good experienced centre back along side him and he would flourish I'm sure.

With regard to Morsy my lad has been working with a 'Spireite' and he reckons Morse gets better every week and he said when asked on their local Radio station why his form was so good. His reply ''It helps when your manager likes you!''

OK looks like I'm alone in my views on this one. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong and Davies goes on to become a great Vale player.

Time will tell as ever.

I think you will be proved right in that he will become a great player ,hopefully at the Vale Bert.

Let' s face facts: Adams has failed to develop any young Vale player to date, he seems to have no idea what his best team is even at this stage of the season and is constantly fiddling with the team. One forced change (e.g. through suspension) seems to lead to four or five players playing out of position. To go forward and become financially viable, we must develop our own players and acquire a manager who is capable of doing so. To be fair Joe Davis and Jordan Hugill both need to move on as soon as possible to develop their careers. I wish them well.

I think Micky was aware we needed a better defence, the FFP rules stopped him from signing the last defender. Joe needs to get his temper under control, he goes in too hard and gets booked too much and also injures himself doing it. He is passionate but needs to learn to channel it constructively.

Archived