onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale mentioned ...

Trampilot

Last night I settled down to watch Silk - that legal drama on BBC1. The theme of the episode was football and Penry-Jones's character mentioned Port Vale not once but twice. Glad my wife was there to confirm I'd heard it.

His character's grandfather played in goal for Vale.

Advert

Last night I settled down to watch Silk - that legal drama on BBC1. The theme of the episode was football and Penry-Jones's character mentioned Port Vale not once but twice. Glad my wife was there to confirm I'd heard it.

His character's grandfather played in goal for Vale.

I had to rewind it twice when he said it, he was so posh. Just disappointed after all that he supports Chelsea himself! ;)

I watch undercover on the terraces and there was vale vs accrington game and a vale fan was being racist to exodus

Dispatches on Channel 4 last night showed "Hate on the terraces" where racism and homophobia were examined.Vale were shown first,followed by Millwall,West Ham,Everton and Wigan fans.

The documentary showed clearly that the police and stewards are as much use as a chocolate fireguard when dealing with this problem.

Dispatches on Channel 4 last night showed "Hate on the terraces" where racism and homophobia were examined.Vale were shown first,followed by Millwall,West Ham,Everton and Wigan fans.

The documentary showed clearly that the police and stewards are as much use as a chocolate fireguard when dealing with this problem.

And that is exactly how we will get a bad name, which will be very difficult to shake off. Sadly, at present it sounds like we deserve it!

I got all excited, going "It's Vale! It's Vale!" to my wife. Then I remembered what the programme was about and what the twunt on the clip was shouting and pulled a more appropriate, serious face.

It's also worth pointing out that the Millwall chants at Leicester were complete nonsense. 'Leicester Taliban', levelled at the home support, is empty drivel; '...town full of bombers' is also a waste of breath, since Leicester isn't; and 'Murderers! Murderers!' therefore made no sense at all. Reading the papers - even if it's only The Sun, for God's sake! - might get the silly sods chanting something with some vague connection to reality.

Consider the statement made by the Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood, of Greater Manchester Police, where he said the case (The conviction of nine Asian men for grooming and abusing white girls in Rochdale) was not about race. If race is considered not an issue in that case, then on that scale when is race/racism an issue.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-17996245

It's only about race if you think their race makes them more likely to carry out such crimes. Personally I can't see how being "Asian" makes anyone more likely to commit such crimes

That does not mean that the way they were raised and the attitudes they have developed becasue of that hasn't made them more likely adn that there isn't an issue within sections of the culture of certain elements of certain communities..but that's more a cultural thing as opposed to a racial thing.

I don't think being Asian per se makes anoyone more likely to commit such crimes

Going back a few years to the time of Earl and Beckford the song of Men of Harlech was a regular at Vale matches and was finished with a resounding "ZULU". Does anyone think this was racial? I do not consider myself a racist and joined in with this song. Then there was the Robbie Earl song. Was this out of order? Thoughts.

Going back a few years to the time of Earl and Beckford the song of Men of Harlech was a regular at Vale matches and was finished with a resounding "ZULU". Does anyone think this was racial?

I didn't/don't

I do not consider myself a racist and joined in with this song. Then there was the Robbie Earl song. Was this out of order? Thoughts.

Not out of order at all for me..all depends on the motive behind the singing/chanting/etc

Going back a few years to the time of Earl and Beckford the song of Men of Harlech was a regular at Vale matches and was finished with a resounding "ZULU". Does anyone think this was racial? I do not consider myself a racist and joined in with this song. Then there was the Robbie Earl song. Was this out of order? Thoughts.

Remember those days with fond affection,it was done in the best possible taste.

Archived