Embarrassment.

valiant_593

Advert:

Well Vale didn't start it where i was JL4 - they did.

Just don't think you should be so quick to knock our following, i know what you mean but we went Wolves today, a notoriously horrible place to go I thought the Vale following today was a credit to us all overall

You must have been pretty close to where I sat. I left after the 3rd goal & there was already a number complaining about being spat on & it was getting worse.

Thrown by Vale "fan."

I was at the opposite end of the stand so couldn't see who threw it, just with it being in front of the home end I assumed it was a wolves fan.

Why do Vale fans have to make excuses every time something kicks off?

We've blamed, the police, Wolves fans, police dogs. People will be blaming Myrie-Williams for it next.

Dress it up how you want. Port Vale have an above-average proportion of idiots in its fanbase. These people travel in numbers to away games, get ****** up and look for trouble.

What about the smoke bomb (or whatever you call it)? Was that the Wolves fans? Were they winding us up to the extent where pyrotechnics were the only form of retaliation? The fighting with stewards?

People need to realise that it is not the Police, or the Wolves fans, or the dogs. It's moronic Vale fans who need to be dealt with.

I'm a bit fed up - how can people start a thread knocking fan's behaviour at Wolves?! - i have work mates who follow Walsall who refuse to go there cause of the problems we've had today. There were plenty of Vale fans who refused to go too today because of the same.

Crewe threw a smoke bomb last week - not much mention of that anywhere was there, stop knocking your own following, all clubs have young aggressive fans, they always will - better to have them than not to i say

Whoever authorised the safety certificate to allow away fans to be infront of the home fans wants sectioning if they can't see the problems that are going to be caused by this set up. We tried to leave five minutes before the end because you could it was kicking off with the stuff being thrown down on us, an older woman was hit by a coin just in front of us. Any way we got to the exit to be met by a load of wolves fans trying to get in followed by a load of baton wielding coppers and ended up with 2 of us outside(1 hit by a baton) and 2 locked back in the ground. Finally they shifted the wolves fans on and we managed to get out, and follow the police route out which then brought us back towards the wolves fans!! Will never be going there again or anywhere else away if you end up sitting infront of the home fans.

They were not Dingles trying to get in to the Vale stand they were Vale cretins who had left 10 minutes before who had ripped fencing down to get at the dingles but had found the old bill on the other side who gave them what they deserved and forced them back in. Unfortunately innocent Vale fans then got caught up in it, there was Vale idiots kicking off all the way back to the station, they wanted to fight anything that moved, I have also heard a Wolves fan has been stabbed.

Advert:

That was the most poisonous atmosphere I've been in for a long time. And a lot of it could so easily have been prevented if Wolves had used a bit of common sense and put netting across the front two rows of the upper tier in the same way they had over the back two rows of the lower. The positioning of the two sets of fans was simply asking for trouble.

There were a lot of fans around me who arrived late and drunk. Many of them were not watching the game but simply turning round to the Wolves fans shouting abuse. There was very little vocal support for the team at all, just abuse being hurled at the Wolves fans. The Wolves fans responded - what a surprise. The stewards were doing nothing.

After the game we were walking back to the town on the right hand side of the road with the bulk of the Vale fans walking on the other side of the road towards the coaches. We were walking into some Wolves fans when suddenly a group from the other side of the road rushed across to one bloke and sent him flying. I have no idea what had been done but it can only have been verbal or a gesture because the Vale fans came from the other side of the road and were clearly the aggressors. More Wolves fans joined in and we actually nipped into a gap in the wall to get out of the way. It was absolutely lunatic behaviour.

I hope Wolves get promoted. I hope we never play them again. I hope someone at the club actually tackles the issues with our fans. If we need to have a membership scheme for away travel, do it. If we need to make away matches all ticket to members only, do it. But for heaven's sake will somebody please address this issue of some of our so called fans and the way they are dragging what is left of the good name of our club through the gutter. I don't care what the Wolves fans were doing - it's up to their club to deal with them - but I am sick to death of the neanderthal behaviour of some of our so-called supporters.

I'm a bit fed up - how can people start a thread knocking fan's behaviour at Wolves?! - i have work mates who follow Walsall who refuse to go there cause of the problems we've had today. There were plenty of Vale fans who refused to go too today because of the same.

Crewe threw a smoke bomb last week - not much mention of that anywhere was there, stop knocking your own following, all clubs have young aggressive fans, they always will - better to have them than not to i say

Because I sat by fans who we're only there to fight. I don't want those people at vale again as they completely ruined my and many others day. They were hammered, smashing seats and threading people. Wolves fans also shocking but some vale fans were an utter disgrace and these particular people shouldn't be allowed to go.

That was the most poisonous atmosphere I've been in for a long time. And a lot of it could so easily have been prevented if Wolves had used a bit of common sense and put netting across the front two rows of the upper tier in the same way they had over the back two rows of the lower. The positioning of the two sets of fans was simply asking for trouble.

There were a lot of fans around me who arrived late and drunk. Many of them were not watching the game but simply turning round to the Wolves fans shouting abuse. There was very little vocal support for the team at all, just abuse being hurled at the Wolves fans. The Wolves fans responded - what a surprise. The stewards were doing nothing.

After the game we were walking back to the town on the right hand side of the road with the bulk of the Vale fans walking on the other side of the road towards the coaches. We were walking into some Wolves fans when suddenly a group from the other side of the road rushed across to one bloke and sent him flying. I have no idea what had been done but it can only have been verbal or a gesture because the Vale fans came from the other side of the road and were clearly the aggressors. More Wolves fans joined in and we actually nipped into a gap in the wall to get out of the way. It was absolutely lunatic behaviour.

I hope Wolves get promoted. I hope we never play them again. I hope someone at the club actually tackles the issues with our fans. If we need to have a membership scheme for away travel, do it. If we need to make away matches all ticket to members only, do it. But for heaven's sake will somebody please address this issue of some of our so called fans and the way they are dragging what is left of the good name of our club through the gutter. I don't care what the Wolves fans were doing - it's up to their club to deal with them - but I am sick to death of the neanderthal behaviour of some of our so-called supporters.

Seems you witnessed the same events as me and I agree 100%

I agree with you Jean, for the very first time I thought, what am I doing here this isn't enjoyment and I don't know whether I will ever go Wolves again. Very disappointed with. Vale supporters the game I could handle but not this intimidating atmosphere.

Advert:

Not been the game today because of ill health, but reading these posts what did anyone expect today after the events at our place. We all know the hooligan problem amongst the Wolves lot, ask any Stoke fan. I remember when we went to Wembley v West Brom and the dirty t***S were spitting on us from the balcony. Must be a black country thing, getting rid of the pork scratchings in there teeth.

Interesting - i saw none of that but don't doubt its true. I sat towards the right. All i saw was Wolves fans throwing, spitting. taunting and laughing and Vale fans retaliating, as you say - to be expected.

I wonder if there is a thread on the Wolves site tonight moaning about their moronic fan's behaviour and demanding that they never go again? I doubt it.

Not been the game today because of ill health, but reading these posts what did anyone expect today after the events at our place. We all know the hooligan problem amongst the Wolves lot, ask any Stoke fan. I remember when we went to Wembley v West Brom and the dirty t***S were spitting on us from the balcony. Must be a black country thing, getting rid of the pork scratchings in there teeth.
I hope Yukon hates Pork Scratchings.

If the players showed as much passion and fight on pitch as some of the fans do in the stand we might get somewhere. Now I don't condone violence under any circumstances, but to me at the minute, port vale doesn't mean anything to any of them. The only positive about this club at the minute is the passion of the fans. Maybe the players should spend a match each feeling what this club means to its supporters and then go out and replicate such.

Amen to tha m8 loud n proud

Interesting - i saw none of that but don't doubt its true. I sat towards the right. All i saw was Wolves fans throwing, spitting. taunting and laughing and Vale fans retaliating, as you say - to be expected.

I wonder if there is a thread on the Wolves site tonight moaning about their moronic fan's behaviour and demanding that they never go again? I doubt it.

Your point being?

Advert:

I was on the left and what Jacko and 593 say is spot on from before the match started were not interested in the match at all. They aren't Vale fans because they don't watch the match they're there simply for two things booze and fighting! As Jean says their wasn't a lot of vocal support for the team it was more abuse towards Wolves fans which is a given but we didn't really get behind the team considering our good following.

As for the person who thinks its Smurfs job to get rid of them is lunacy theirs way too many of them! I knew a lad there and he's a Stoke fan who was there purely for the trouble. Im not disputing that the Wolves fans were blameless but these idiots would pick a fight with their own shadow! Some of them are old enough to know better.

I no the full story, I was there...

Even before the game started certain ****s were being abusive and threatening wolves fans above them, just because of how they looked. Vale fans started everything. I was in te far right and saw no vale fan spot on, I saw vale fans spitting at those in the boxes behind glass.

You dont know the FULL story at all because if you did you would of seen some of the wolves fans in the glass boxes being provocotive and making gestures. One of them being a women who got spoken to.

You dont know the FULL story at all because if you did you would of seen some of the wolves fans in the glass boxes being provocotive and making gestures. One of them being a women who got spoken to.

I was there and saw this... Since when does someone making gestures require the response of spitting?

Archived