onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

No nonsense arrests and banning orders should do the trick. We have some absolute tools who give an unfair representation of Vale. Been close to Wolverhampton they had a far worse hooligan problem than us 10years ago but most of their firm is banned going anywhere near Molineux on match day. We need police and stewards to be strong and deal with these wannabes.

Advert

Still a problem with who sits behind you in the upper tier.:unsure::onmehead::looney:

Understand what you say mate, but surely if there was terracing people could move onto parts of the stadium away from the bell ends and leave that small mob to face the nutters above them? With seating, when it's a sell out or near as, you are actually are committed to stay there all match. If there was a section which housed the undesirables only, leaving decent supporters to try and search out a safe standing area, then this would surely help in restricting trouble to that area only?

Oh, maybe you are thinking that away fans still, like wolves would need no reason to retaliate and carry on chucking things, even down on areas that would quite obviously be no threat to them? I await minus marks from the numpties who believe me to be a "do gooder"!!

It happens at every away game we take a decent following to.

They're not passionate, they're 20-30 year old idiots looking for trouble. If they acted in that manner in any other environment they would be arrested.

Hopefully these Neanderthals will go support Stoke, because I'm sick of having away-day experiences ruined by them.

That's it, blame the 20-30 year old males as usual (the least represented, stigmatised demographic in this country). From what I saw the main instigators were men in their late 30's, 40's and rather absurdly 50's with teenagers curiously tagging along. I was not surprised whatsoever to see many of the same faces who were involved at Wrexham 10 years ago (who were in their 30s and 40s even then) at the very forefront of the trouble. Some people never learn.

I think we've probably got the most handy lads as a proportion of our average support in the entire country now. We've already got a reputation, and the sad fact is that it's really going to start harming the football club if something isn't done to calm things down soon.

Just had a reply from Wolves to the email I sent them with.

Dear Jean

Thank you for your email regarding the incidents that occurred during the Wolves v Port Vale game here at Molineux, let me state from the onset this is indeed a situation that we take extremely seriously and, something that we of course do not condone under any circumstances.

Clearly there is an investigation now ongoing and we will be co-operating fully with the police, which will obviously take time to manage. I have included your email in that investigation process as all information is vital to the achieving the appropriate outcome.

Can I thank you for taking the time to raise this with us as this is extremely important in the interest of both clubs and the relationship between them.

Kindest regards

Paul

Paul Richards

Head of Safeguarding & Supporter Liaison Officer

Perhaps the police need to form & utilise snatch squads.

Highly trained fearsome coppers who dress in black with full riot gear who rule by fear.

Spread around the trouble spots ready to move in hard on the real idiots.

Drag them away from the normal police Lines & thrown into the riot vans without so much as an explanation or even not reading them their rights.

Lock them up for at least 24 hours without even a glass of water then deal with them when they've come to their senses & sobered up !!

Two things that people respond emphatically to are fear & greed.

Now that's zero tolerance.

But no need to scare the **** out of everyone by shouting threats such as " behave or we'll beat the **** out of you. "

I think your post breaks every point under the Human Rights Act & leaves the Police wide open to be sued for thousands of pounds.:yes:

Perhaps the police need to form & utilise snatch squads.

Highly trained fearsome coppers who dress in black with full riot gear who rule by fear.

Spread around the trouble spots ready to move in hard on the real idiots.

And how do you identify them then..the "real idiots"? Presumably you'll be Ok if they mistakenly identify you as a "real idiot" and treat you as you suggest..that will be a price worth paying to get the real "real idiots"?

Understand what you say mate, but surely if there was terracing people could move onto parts of the stadium away from the bell ends and leave that small mob to face the nutters above them? With seating, when it's a sell out or near as, you are actually are committed to stay there all match. If there was a section which housed the undesirables only, leaving decent supporters to try and search out a safe standing area, then this would surely help in restricting trouble to that area only?

Oh, maybe you are thinking that away fans still, like wolves would need no reason to retaliate and carry on chucking things, even down on areas that would quite obviously be no threat to them? I await minus marks from the numpties who believe me to be a "do gooder"!!

How would you sell the tickets for the "undesirables" area though, can't see many people stupid enough to openly buy a ticket for the area, it might be a trap.... Are you thinking along the lines of the old "smoking" and "non smoking" areas? "What would you like sir? Thug or decent supporter ticket?"

No nonsense arrests and banning orders should do the trick. We have some absolute tools who give an unfair representation of Vale. Been close to Wolverhampton they had a far worse hooligan problem than us 10years ago but most of their firm is banned going anywhere near Molineux on match day. We need police and stewards to be strong and deal with these wannabes.

Meeting violence with more violence is not on. The idea of withholding even water from people for 24 hours is not constructive, even the Moors Murderers didn't get that treatment.

There does need to be a massive response though. Some posters have recognised these people so CCTV evidence must also exist, and should it be absolutely clear who is guilty, then a punishment as follows might be considered:-

If found guilty, massive fines related to income, so anyone with a bit of money would maybe be fined a few thousand pounds, those with 'nothing' - take away their TV, cars, radios, cds. In addition, a season banning order from home games, plus reporting to their local police station at the kick off time of any away games for 5 years.

Yes, I know some won't show - but if they miss twice, then its a month in what I would construct as 'basic level prison'. In this, single cells and solitary confinement - no talking to any other prisoner, and no visitors allowed for the first 2 weeks.

The cell to have a bed, washing and toilet facilities and a set of books and writing material. No phone calls for 2 weeks, if they behave then they get a call every 4 days or so. No TV no internet nothing else. Feed and water them well and let them have 2 one hour exercise periods a day and if they behave and co-operate fully, a radio after 2 weeks.

Anyone who comes out then commits another football offence after that gets a double dose then 6 months of it.

At all costs, keep them away from football grounds when matches are on.

Just had a reply from Wolves to the email I sent them with.

Dear Jean

Thank you for your email regarding the incidents that occurred during the Wolves v Port Vale game here at Molineux, let me state from the onset this is indeed a situation that we take extremely seriously and, something that we of course do not condone under any circumstances.

Clearly there is an investigation now ongoing and we will be co-operating fully with the police, which will obviously take time to manage. I have included your email in that investigation process as all information is vital to the achieving the appropriate outcome.

Can I thank you for taking the time to raise this with us as this is extremely important in the interest of both clubs and the relationship between them.

Kindest regards

Paul

Paul Richards

Head of Safeguarding & Supporter Liaison Officer

Had the same reply, word for word.

Archived