onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassment.

valiant_593

That was the most poisonous atmosphere I've been in for a long time. And a lot of it could so easily have been prevented if Wolves had used a bit of common sense and put netting across the front two rows of the upper tier in the same way they had over the back two rows of the lower. The positioning of the two sets of fans was simply asking for trouble.

There were a lot of fans around me who arrived late and drunk. Many of them were not watching the game but simply turning round to the Wolves fans shouting abuse. There was very little vocal support for the team at all, just abuse being hurled at the Wolves fans. The Wolves fans responded - what a surprise. The stewards were doing nothing.

After the game we were walking back to the town on the right hand side of the road with the bulk of the Vale fans walking on the other side of the road towards the coaches. We were walking into some Wolves fans when suddenly a group from the other side of the road rushed across to one bloke and sent him flying. I have no idea what had been done but it can only have been verbal or a gesture because the Vale fans came from the other side of the road and were clearly the aggressors. More Wolves fans joined in and we actually nipped into a gap in the wall to get out of the way. It was absolutely lunatic behaviour.

I hope Wolves get promoted. I hope we never play them again. I hope someone at the club actually tackles the issues with our fans. If we need to have a membership scheme for away travel, do it. If we need to make away matches all ticket to members only, do it. But for heaven's sake will somebody please address this issue of some of our so called fans and the way they are dragging what is left of the good name of our club through the gutter. I don't care what the Wolves fans were doing - it's up to their club to deal with them - but I am sick to death of the neanderthal behaviour of some of our so-called supporters.

I agree with you Jean, for the very first time I thought, what am I doing here this isn't enjoyment and I don't know whether I will ever go Wolves again. Very disappointed with. Vale supporters the game I could handle but not this intimidating atmosphere.

Advert

Not been the game today because of ill health, but reading these posts what did anyone expect today after the events at our place. We all know the hooligan problem amongst the Wolves lot, ask any Stoke fan. I remember when we went to Wembley v West Brom and the dirty t***S were spitting on us from the balcony. Must be a black country thing, getting rid of the pork scratchings in there teeth.

That was the most poisonous atmosphere I've been in for a long time. And a lot of it could so easily have been prevented if Wolves had used a bit of common sense and put netting across the front two rows of the upper tier in the same way they had over the back two rows of the lower. The positioning of the two sets of fans was simply asking for trouble.

There were a lot of fans around me who arrived late and drunk. Many of them were not watching the game but simply turning round to the Wolves fans shouting abuse. There was very little vocal support for the team at all, just abuse being hurled at the Wolves fans. The Wolves fans responded - what a surprise. The stewards were doing nothing.

After the game we were walking back to the town on the right hand side of the road with the bulk of the Vale fans walking on the other side of the road towards the coaches. We were walking into some Wolves fans when suddenly a group from the other side of the road rushed across to one bloke and sent him flying. I have no idea what had been done but it can only have been verbal or a gesture because the Vale fans came from the other side of the road and were clearly the aggressors. More Wolves fans joined in and we actually nipped into a gap in the wall to get out of the way. It was absolutely lunatic behaviour.

I hope Wolves get promoted. I hope we never play them again. I hope someone at the club actually tackles the issues with our fans. If we need to have a membership scheme for away travel, do it. If we need to make away matches all ticket to members only, do it. But for heaven's sake will somebody please address this issue of some of our so called fans and the way they are dragging what is left of the good name of our club through the gutter. I don't care what the Wolves fans were doing - it's up to their club to deal with them - but I am sick to death of the neanderthal behaviour of some of our so-called supporters.

Interesting - i saw none of that but don't doubt its true. I sat towards the right. All i saw was Wolves fans throwing, spitting. taunting and laughing and Vale fans retaliating, as you say - to be expected.

I wonder if there is a thread on the Wolves site tonight moaning about their moronic fan's behaviour and demanding that they never go again? I doubt it.

Not been the game today because of ill health, but reading these posts what did anyone expect today after the events at our place. We all know the hooligan problem amongst the Wolves lot, ask any Stoke fan. I remember when we went to Wembley v West Brom and the dirty t***S were spitting on us from the balcony. Must be a black country thing, getting rid of the pork scratchings in there teeth.
I hope Yukon hates Pork Scratchings.

If the players showed as much passion and fight on pitch as some of the fans do in the stand we might get somewhere. Now I don't condone violence under any circumstances, but to me at the minute, port vale doesn't mean anything to any of them. The only positive about this club at the minute is the passion of the fans. Maybe the players should spend a match each feeling what this club means to its supporters and then go out and replicate such.

Amen to tha m8 loud n proud

Interesting - i saw none of that but don't doubt its true. I sat towards the right. All i saw was Wolves fans throwing, spitting. taunting and laughing and Vale fans retaliating, as you say - to be expected.

I wonder if there is a thread on the Wolves site tonight moaning about their moronic fan's behaviour and demanding that they never go again? I doubt it.

Your point being?

I was on the left and what Jacko and 593 say is spot on from before the match started were not interested in the match at all. They aren't Vale fans because they don't watch the match they're there simply for two things booze and fighting! As Jean says their wasn't a lot of vocal support for the team it was more abuse towards Wolves fans which is a given but we didn't really get behind the team considering our good following.

As for the person who thinks its Smurfs job to get rid of them is lunacy theirs way too many of them! I knew a lad there and he's a Stoke fan who was there purely for the trouble. Im not disputing that the Wolves fans were blameless but these idiots would pick a fight with their own shadow! Some of them are old enough to know better.

I no the full story, I was there...

Even before the game started certain ****s were being abusive and threatening wolves fans above them, just because of how they looked. Vale fans started everything. I was in te far right and saw no vale fan spot on, I saw vale fans spitting at those in the boxes behind glass.

You dont know the FULL story at all because if you did you would of seen some of the wolves fans in the glass boxes being provocotive and making gestures. One of them being a women who got spoken to.

You dont know the FULL story at all because if you did you would of seen some of the wolves fans in the glass boxes being provocotive and making gestures. One of them being a women who got spoken to.

I was there and saw this... Since when does someone making gestures require the response of spitting?

Your point being?

Why don't you know what my point is? Its pretty clear. Their fans behave that way week in week out, home and away. They don't start threads demanding something is done.

Ours do 2 or 3 times a season and some people make a big fuss about it bringing negativity. Next week there will be the normal 5000 against Carlisle ( if we're lucky ) and all will be forgotten about today. That is my point sir.

I don't think there is anything wrong in this thread. I went to support my team instead I was faced with 4 guys hammered who were constantly turned towards the wolves fans behind shouting varying levels of abuse. Not once did they even watch the game. I've had enough of paying money to go and support my team and have the day completely ruined by some complete cretins who were only there to fight. I felt completely uncomfortable all game and when the guy behind me started smashing chairs I then knew that I didnt want to be there anymore. It's not too much to ask is it? To go to a game and passionately support the vale, singing chants positively about the players without the actions of some vale fans. I'm not "demanding" I'm not going again (that dosent even make sense) I'm simply saying that I'm not going away matches again when this is what happens, it's not worth it. Unsurprising that all these trouble makers turned up today but have been missing for the majority of away games this season.... They were there looking for trouble.

Why don't you know what my point is? Its pretty clear. Their fans behave that way week in week out, home and away. They don't start threads demanding something is done.

Ours do 2 or 3 times a season and some people make a big fuss about it bringing negativity. Next week there will be the normal 5000 against Carlisle ( if we're lucky ) and all will be forgotten about today. That is my point sir.

Mate our fans were horrific it was a disgrace. Pretty sure we've been in these situations before... We are much worse than many teams.

Why is anyone surprised what happened today..It was always going kick off..The police before and after the match were always going to milk it..Them Wolves fans who ran up from the canal after the game got battered..V,V,VLF..

I'm a bit fed up - how can people start a thread knocking fan's behaviour at Wolves?! - i have work mates who follow Walsall who refuse to go there cause of the problems we've had today. There were plenty of Vale fans who refused to go too today because of the same.

Crewe threw a smoke bomb last week - not much mention of that anywhere was there, stop knocking your own following, all clubs have young aggressive fans, they always will - better to have them than not to i say

Ok then.

I apologise profusely. You must be right.

You can't criticise Vale fans, regardless of actions. Smoke bombs are used by Crewe, so we can use them too.

Your really do make me smile.

Amen to tha m8 loud n proud

Unfortunately, as suggested by the fact we both got minus posts on here, someone/people dont agree with the fact the players arent interested anymore. They must be either very easily pleased or watching a different Vale side at the minute in my honest opinion. As i said, i do not condone violence by our fans or any other teams under any circumstances. However, why anyone would want to fight over this shower on show at the minute is beyond me.

Archived