onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams

PortVale4Life

Where is the team going? Backwards. As usual after Christmas under Adams. He's done well but I dont think tactically he is the one to take us to thenext level.

You are looking at one part of a season, overall however he has advanced us massively as our league position suggests and the quality of players attracted suggests.

Best manager since Rudge, his team are just having a difficult time at the moment.

Advert

I am out of the country and so have missed what has been going on, but just got in to see the score on the BBC website. We seem to have had only 2 recognised defenders on the pitch once the subs were made, is that right? I understand Grimmer went off injured and Davis was taken off before he was sent off, so I'm guessing we dropped Jones to left back and put Dicko in the middle at the back?

Whilst I understand the frustration of those fans questioning tactics, since a home defeat to local rivals never looks good, it seems to me our options were pretty limited. Have I missed something as to why Robertson wasn't even on the bench? Knott sounds like a prospect from what I am hearing, but I'm more worried that we are still all over the place in defence.

If anyone can explain today's line up after the first half hour (and I'm not stirring, I'm just a bit perplexed) then I would be grateful. Was it driven by injury and the penalty or what?

What got us promoted last year was our quick attacking play! This year however has seen us try to adapt by playing defensively. We have missed another quick tricky winger on the left. Im more than happy with a top half finish, ( i predicted 10th pre season) i don't see us getting dragged into a relegation battle but a sluggish end to the season won't inspire for next season. We should beat the crewes in this league at home instead of hoping to play on the break. Playing on the break with JMW on the bench...probably our quickest player.

Adams stated that he took Joe off before he got sent off.Some ****ocks about his dad in a relegation battle and probably should have left him out.Now please correct me ,isn't that his job to make these decisions before the game? and secondly why wasn't Griff taken off at Bradford.One rule for one......Well Micky has a dilemma next week ,bring back the CB who he has obviously fallen out with,stick with Joe ( or try to destroy his career again) or go for Duffy or/ and Chilvers.Today's fall guys ,anyone see a pattern.

The problem with the tomlin substitution was we brought him on and tried to hoof balls to him. He was poor, but the tactics we even more shocking from the start. To set up like we did was gobsmackingly poor. I can't see the desperation to keep adams. Unless his tactic and signings improve I think we will struggle next season. I think we are safe this year, but look at teams like crewe, shrews etc in their second season. Id be happy with a clean slate, manager, coach and player wise. A big chance to do some spring cleaning this summer.

I don't think it was as serious as that but wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the last of him.

Over stretched for a ball so a hamstring tear would be closer to it you'd think.

I just saw his leg dangling awkwardly.Hope you're right LV.Like you say,with only a couple of months of the season left ,it will need to be a quick recovery if we are to see him again.

I think Adams was the right man post Glover, Foyle, and latterly Gannon. He did stabilise the team and we owe him a great deal.

However, I have rarely seen Vale pass the ball under him. We have no football identity and it is not obvious what the team is trying to do tactically. His substitutions are questionable and his man management is so old school.

I think it is time to move on. However, there is no one out there so one assumes he'll be there for a while.

I think Adams was the right man post Glover, Foyle, and latterly Gannon. He did stabilise the team and we owe him a great deal.

However, I have rarely seen Vale pass the ball under him. We have no football identity and it is not obvious what the team is trying to do tactically. His substitutions are questionable and his man management is so old school.

I think it is time to move on. However, there is no one out there so one assumes he'll be there for a while.

didn't go today, but was at shrewsbury and bradford and after those two i can say that this is the first time that i really wouldn't give a **** if adams was gone on monday let alone the end of the season

i don't have a problem with us falling away from the playoffs we had a really good start to the season however i didn't let that affect my expectations/aspirations for the season (especially with out post xmas record in recent seasons). my problem is the fact that adams is far too stubborn and not the man to help us progress any further. i'd like us to get in a manager that's gonna play some football rather than just get a team well organised - i know adams had us playing some decent stuff (at times) last season but that's not been the norm in the last few years.

Clueless, crap team selection, crap subs and constantly falling out with players. Is it time for him to go? At the end of the season I will be more than happy if he leaves, he isnt going to develop the side, its the same old route 1 **** from his first spell. Absolute clown.

Who do you suggest we replace him with,Jose Mourinho?:rolleyes:

Smurf opens his gob about promotion and the season goes **** up.

Perhaps best if him and Adams just **** off.

Are you for real? What exactly is that going to resolve? Whether you like MA or not, at least recognise how far we've come since administration. Anyone with any objectivity at the start of this season would have settled for the safety of mid-table as a reasonable aim! Did you have serious hopes for anything better? As far as Norman is concerned, if he follows your eloquent advice and does leave VP are you stepping in with a takeover of the club? Get real or keep your idiotic quotes where they belong......in the rubbish bin!

Archived