• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

Neal and Pope were the only ones who put a shift in today.Im afraid the rest have their minds on their summer holidays!!!Worst Vale performance against Crewe ever.Season over :yes:

Put a shift in there is a player out there today who always gives his all even ended up playing centre half today he tackled and won most headers in defence than anybody else and all the majority on here can do is castigate the man.Give me more players with the heart and desire of griff than all the so called players like lines, jones,taylor,dodds,tomlin,birchall,who give next to nothing to the vale cause.

Advert:

Put a shift in there is a player out there today who always gives his all even ended up playing centre half today he tackled and won most headers in defence than anybody else and all the majority on here can do is castigate the man.Give me more players with the heart and desire of griff than all the so called players like lines, jones,taylor,dodds,tomlin,birchall,who give next to nothing to the vale cause.

Add myrie Williams to that list also

Sickening defeat today, I couldn't understand the starting line up.

We didn't start well today but appeared to get it back together for the last 10 mins of the first half and could have gone in 1-1, the momentum was with us. What hacks me off is Vale seem to come out for the second half as flat as a pancake in virtually every game and often concede early as today, what goes on in the dressing room at half time.

MA, sort it out please.

I rarely, if ever, post anything negative but following todays game I'll make an exception. With the exception of Pope, Neal, Dickinson and possibly Davies, I can't think of a single player who deserved to wear the shirt. Those players that, for the most part, looked totally inept and at times disinterested should give some thought to the supporters who work damn hard and/or scrimp and save to pay over the odds to watch them ply their "trade". I included the management team in this as the tactics today were clearly way off the mark.

While I'm banging on I started a theard a couple of weeks ago entitled Drop Pope, unlike Mr Adams, I am big enough to admit I was wrong and would like to apologise - you should try it Micky! rant over.

Advert:

Id have desire if you played me, doesn't mean i wouldn't be totally *****! No way griff should be starting when its obvious knott has far more quality. Its also obviously a bit of a myth that he break up oppositions play (ours maybe), as they strolled through us in the first 30 mins like we didn't have a midfield. We don't need a player like that, we need players who can keep the ball and then give it to one of our own players. Personally would have played the same back four, loft, lines and knott in the middle, with pope and two wingers alongside him.

In my opinion without JMW we are without much attacking threat. Playing 2 target men upfront sets us up for long ball rubbish without a creative winger to get a cross in.

I don't understand the defensive tactics, our promotion was built on our attacking play and out-scoring teams. Great entertainment and also effective.

I would change the formation and tactics, have dodds behind pope and tomlin, lines supplying those three.

JMW should play most games IMHO, but drill it into him that if he cant beat his man with pace for him to cross it in. Maybe get him on the left..

I still have hope that micky can sort this out so won't pull the trigger just yet.

UTV

At the start of the season I would have bitten anybody's hand off to be where we are in the league with the squad we have got. The season is not over yet as a relegation fight could be looming.Pope mom, followed by Neal and then Griff (maybe worth a try at centre back.

Advert:

Id have desire if you played me, doesn't mean i wouldn't be totally *****! No way griff should be starting when its obvious knott has far more quality. Its also obviously a bit of a myth that he break up oppositions play (ours maybe), as they strolled through us in the first 30 mins like we didn't have a midfield. We don't need a player like that, we need players who can keep the ball and then give it to one of our own players. Personally would have played the same back four, loft, lines and knott in the middle, with pope and two wingers alongside him.

Lines walks around like he doesn't want to be a vale player anymore

Commented during the game how woeful we were in midfield,we can't keep the ball long enough to start anything off and the opposition just run straight through us.

Do you really think lines deserves his place after last week and today and by the way where are you going to get two wingers from in the vale squad at present.

Do you really think lines deserves his place after last week and today and by the way where are you going to get two wingers from in the vale squad at present.

No, he doesn't deserve inclusion for recent performances, however, we don't have any other options as Birchall, Shuker and Dodds aren't up to it either and are simply pinching a wage.

What an awful performance from the team and the manager. Completely wrong starting 11. I have been critical of Popey but he proved today what he offers us, his contribution was superb. I am beginning to think Tomlinson was right when he says MA's teams are physically shot by Christmas. I just hope we can get enough points to stay in this league.

Advert:

Agree with your comment there pal! Pope, Davies, & Dicko only ones to put a shift in.

Jeno's a ponce who doesn't get stuck in but likes the glory, hence the delayed pass to pope to score just before half time.

Tomlin & jones another couple who don't get stuck in when it matters.

Very poor show for a local derby.

Playing two physically inferior players at centre back against Crewe's 6'3/6'4 forward line was asking for trouble. And so it proved.

They were miles better than us on the day today. However, as usual, their diving is embarrassing. Shame the ref fell for it every time.

Archived