Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

Advert:

I thought we deserved to win, we should have scored more but some bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept it at three.

The one things that stands out for me is that fact we had a 19 year old goalkeeper and I expected you to pile the pressure on hime, especially given the lat six goals that we have conceded and yet you didn't.

I thought we deserved to win, we should have scored more but some bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept it at three.

The one things that stands out for me is that fact we had a 19 year old goalkeeper and I expected you to pile the pressure on hime, especially given the lat six goals that we have conceded and yet you didn't.

We barely put him under any pressure which was very disappointing. When we did decide to throw a few men into the box (90th minute) he flapped at the cross but we were too pathetic to follow it up.

So did we. Probably more in hope than anything else mind....:rolleyes:

Well that was truly awful, worst performance I've seen this season! Team selection wrong, tactics wrong and completely devoid of commitment.

Crewe wanted it more, played the ref a treat and did everything you'd expect of an away performance. That said targeting a player to get them sent off, again, isn't exactly in the fair play award criteria? Davis won the ball by the way where everyone is claiming he should have been sent off, it was clear as day he won the ball as well, not even a foul!

As I said earlier in the week, Jones isn't a left midfielder, he doesn't have a clue how to play, doesn't know where he's supposed to go, or who to track etc. Not totally his fault that tbh though his lack of application doesn't help.

Too many players strolled around, players who I've sang the praises of all season as well. People like Loft, Lines in particular, players who should take control of games, players who should try and play football just didn't show up. As a captain in particular Loft was very ominous by his absence. Not trying to make a scapegoat of anyone just commenting on what I saw.

Pope had a good game I thought, he tried to hold it up, tried to bring others into the game but was let down far too often. Knott looked a tidy player on the ball also and I hope he gets a start next weekend.

Just about sums up my thoughts on the game. The only things I'd add is that anyone who thinks that Dickinson had a decent game today isn't me. He was absolutely dominated today by their forwards.

Adams on radio admitted that it was a gamble to play Davis but then doesn't put Robertson on the bench, why? 1-0 down and Crewe can sit deeper and hit us on the break so he takes off Hugil and brings on Tomlin, why? It's not like he can run into space behind them is it? Jonesy at the moment is a waste of a shirt although he actually contributed once he was stuck in at left back. JMW poor again and rarely threatened. Hope that Grimmers injury's not too bad but it didn't look good.

Why all the knocking the ball around the edge of the area only to lose it, it happend half a dozen times at Shrewsbury too and then again today, get the ball in the box. Popey had the beating of their centre backs, get the ball in to him early and had Hugil been on too then we would have had more of an aerial threat.

Looking forward to Wolves now, hope that Davis isn't too affected by the game today. We need to regroup and show some character and Adams needs to give the palyers and himself a kick up the backside, get Robertson sorted and play the best team available to him. Too many at the moment are not turning up.

Advert:

I agree with everything you say........ But you must be embarrassed by your gamesmanship

Oh yeah you won comfortably, your keeper has to be the smallest keeper ive seen, very annoyed we didnt test him.

Guest TommyMac

Yes you deserved to win but you lost to a crap Vale team and you won't play us every week as much as you'd like to. Bradford beat us, Shrewsbury and Colchester could have both beaten us. I'm not convinced Crewe have enough to avoid relegation.

Advert:

If I knew the starting line up before the game I wouldn't have bothered. And when I saw how Crewe were lining up it was obvious that we would struggle. I've had a go at Adams for his tactics before, but I was blown away today at how poor that starting line up was. No width, no pace, little creativity,, 2 left backs and no wingers....at home. I haven't been for a while, but I'm genuinely confused how knott can't get in the side instead of griff. Lines was poor today, but what does griff offer? They were strolling through us from the start. Adams on the radio didn't have a clue. Saying we were good going forward? We played two big lads and no wingers. Then he blames the defence, when it was obvious they were under pressure because we had a no existent midfield. Wrong starting line up, crap subs, then hoof ball up to pope as there is no plan b.

From this match it's hard to see crewe going down, but it may not be the best game to judge their quality as we handed it to them on a plate. Whether it was a foul or not by David, the way their player rolled around and made a meal of it to get him sent off was poor form. And at least two were booked for time wasting.

Can't see why people are so desperate for Adams to stay. I can't see how we are going to develop with him. Especially the younger players. Couldn't be bothered if he went now.

Yes you deserved to win but you lost to a crap Vale team and you won't play us every week as much as you'd like to. Bradford beat us, Shrewsbury and Colchester could have both beaten us. I'm not convinced Crewe have enough to avoid relegation.

Attacking wise I think they do, IF and its a big if, Pogba plays like that every week they will not go down

Utterly disgraceful performance against a side struggling to avoid relegation. Out thought, out fought, and outplayed, we seemed to have no plan A (unless you call hoofball a plan) let alone plan B. Only Pope deserved to paid this week after this performance and it's difficult to see how we'll avoid sliding down the table unless the manager and players buck their ideas up by a huge factor.

Crewe were the better side by far but any admiration I might have had for their football was outweighed by their constant cheating, fouling and timewasting. Their manager and coaching staff must be proud of them - straight out of their legendary academy.

Don't know where Micky goes to from here but we need a major shake up.

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

Pretty much spot on. Crewe were ok, but to be honest we made them look good. Just a very inept display by a team that doesn't look like a team and can't pass the ball. I thought (from the Lorne Street) it probably WAS a penalty and I thought the ref was pretty good actually. At the moment, I just can't see where the next win is coming from. It's obvious that Pope and Hugill don't work as a pair, though Pope was excellent today. I forecast this is the start of a slide that will see us finish just above the relegation zone. Hope I'm wrong but I fear I won't be. We just don't look a team at all, no cohesion and little skill...and we and haven't for many games this season - even several we've won. Worried.

Advert:

Tactily not a scooby doo Mr Adams. Started defencivley no plan B. Even after your double substitution (panic management) whats the point in bringing Tomlin on and then continue to play the same hoof ball up to Pope (who was miles the best player in the team) for him to knock the ball onto who. You may as well kept Hugil on.

The midfield was none exsistent today.

The team at the moment look like they are lacking confiedence and leadership and that my freind is down to you. You have not got a settled team and you continue to swap and change. Very very poor today worst i have seen us this season.

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

What u need to realise is this is effectively a league 2 at best side which has been punching above its weight for most of the season so far. We need a couple of wins i reckon to keep us away from the trap door and then Smurf needs to decide what its gonna take to progress next season and he will need expert football advice in making those decisions imho.

Archived