onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

Advert

Well that was depressing.

Poor defensive starting line up from Adams. I've never seen us start so slow out of the blocks. We were lucky to only be 1 down when he made the change. for the remainder of the first half we were unlucky not to draw level.

Penalty killed us. I'd like to see it again. From Lorne street it looked very soft.

No complaints about the result. Beaten by a better team on the day, which is annoying as we're a much better team than them overall. League table proves that.

Too many players had stinkers. Lines was shocking. Davis was a disaster waiting to happen. Hugill offered nothing. Tomlin doesn't look interested. Even Dicko, for all his effort, made a number of silly errors.

Only Pope and Neil come out of the match with any real credit.

Not surprising to see Griff singled out on here. He was by no means one of our worst performers. Not even close. He also did well when he went to centre half. He was probably on a par with Dicko today. Far better than Lines.

Knott looked decent when he came on.

Was there any trouble after? I walked through Burslem part and a group of about 30 men came running through, towards the ground. They were either vale fans who didn't attend, Crewe fans who didn't or (and I think this is more likely) stoke fans who'd watched the man city match in the pub then thought they'd head over to Burslem for a ruck.

I thought we deserved to win, we should have scored more but some bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept it at three.

The one things that stands out for me is that fact we had a 19 year old goalkeeper and I expected you to pile the pressure on hime, especially given the lat six goals that we have conceded and yet you didn't.

I thought we deserved to win, we should have scored more but some bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept it at three.

The one things that stands out for me is that fact we had a 19 year old goalkeeper and I expected you to pile the pressure on hime, especially given the lat six goals that we have conceded and yet you didn't.

We barely put him under any pressure which was very disappointing. When we did decide to throw a few men into the box (90th minute) he flapped at the cross but we were too pathetic to follow it up.

So did we. Probably more in hope than anything else mind....:rolleyes:

Well that was truly awful, worst performance I've seen this season! Team selection wrong, tactics wrong and completely devoid of commitment.

Crewe wanted it more, played the ref a treat and did everything you'd expect of an away performance. That said targeting a player to get them sent off, again, isn't exactly in the fair play award criteria? Davis won the ball by the way where everyone is claiming he should have been sent off, it was clear as day he won the ball as well, not even a foul!

As I said earlier in the week, Jones isn't a left midfielder, he doesn't have a clue how to play, doesn't know where he's supposed to go, or who to track etc. Not totally his fault that tbh though his lack of application doesn't help.

Too many players strolled around, players who I've sang the praises of all season as well. People like Loft, Lines in particular, players who should take control of games, players who should try and play football just didn't show up. As a captain in particular Loft was very ominous by his absence. Not trying to make a scapegoat of anyone just commenting on what I saw.

Pope had a good game I thought, he tried to hold it up, tried to bring others into the game but was let down far too often. Knott looked a tidy player on the ball also and I hope he gets a start next weekend.

Just about sums up my thoughts on the game. The only things I'd add is that anyone who thinks that Dickinson had a decent game today isn't me. He was absolutely dominated today by their forwards.

Adams on radio admitted that it was a gamble to play Davis but then doesn't put Robertson on the bench, why? 1-0 down and Crewe can sit deeper and hit us on the break so he takes off Hugil and brings on Tomlin, why? It's not like he can run into space behind them is it? Jonesy at the moment is a waste of a shirt although he actually contributed once he was stuck in at left back. JMW poor again and rarely threatened. Hope that Grimmers injury's not too bad but it didn't look good.

Why all the knocking the ball around the edge of the area only to lose it, it happend half a dozen times at Shrewsbury too and then again today, get the ball in the box. Popey had the beating of their centre backs, get the ball in to him early and had Hugil been on too then we would have had more of an aerial threat.

Looking forward to Wolves now, hope that Davis isn't too affected by the game today. We need to regroup and show some character and Adams needs to give the palyers and himself a kick up the backside, get Robertson sorted and play the best team available to him. Too many at the moment are not turning up.

I agree with everything you say........ But you must be embarrassed by your gamesmanship

Oh yeah you won comfortably, your keeper has to be the smallest keeper ive seen, very annoyed we didnt test him.

Guest TommyMac

Yes you deserved to win but you lost to a crap Vale team and you won't play us every week as much as you'd like to. Bradford beat us, Shrewsbury and Colchester could have both beaten us. I'm not convinced Crewe have enough to avoid relegation.

If I knew the starting line up before the game I wouldn't have bothered. And when I saw how Crewe were lining up it was obvious that we would struggle. I've had a go at Adams for his tactics before, but I was blown away today at how poor that starting line up was. No width, no pace, little creativity,, 2 left backs and no wingers....at home. I haven't been for a while, but I'm genuinely confused how knott can't get in the side instead of griff. Lines was poor today, but what does griff offer? They were strolling through us from the start. Adams on the radio didn't have a clue. Saying we were good going forward? We played two big lads and no wingers. Then he blames the defence, when it was obvious they were under pressure because we had a no existent midfield. Wrong starting line up, crap subs, then hoof ball up to pope as there is no plan b.

From this match it's hard to see crewe going down, but it may not be the best game to judge their quality as we handed it to them on a plate. Whether it was a foul or not by David, the way their player rolled around and made a meal of it to get him sent off was poor form. And at least two were booked for time wasting.

Can't see why people are so desperate for Adams to stay. I can't see how we are going to develop with him. Especially the younger players. Couldn't be bothered if he went now.

Yes you deserved to win but you lost to a crap Vale team and you won't play us every week as much as you'd like to. Bradford beat us, Shrewsbury and Colchester could have both beaten us. I'm not convinced Crewe have enough to avoid relegation.

Attacking wise I think they do, IF and its a big if, Pogba plays like that every week they will not go down

Archived