onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

I could not agree more, people dont seem to see the bigger picture

This has been the issue all season. All this we should be happy staying up etc. We needed to be challenging when in such a good position even if we didn't have a chance of finishing there. Interest really is in decline when you aren't playing for anything.

We'll be in the 3,500 zone for week night matches and into Saturday matches, not helping our budget next season at all and making it very difficult to sell season tickets. I still believe this is the beginning of a tricky few years and this season has just been a bit of break. Calm before the storm.

Advert

I thought we deserved to win, we should have scored more but some bad finishing and good goalkeeping kept it at three.

The one things that stands out for me is that fact we had a 19 year old goalkeeper and I expected you to pile the pressure on hime, especially given the lat six goals that we have conceded and yet you didn't.

You were the better side by some distance but I wonder how you feel now, knowing your team can play like that, about all the crap you've watched them turn out for much of the rest of the season? Don't you feel a bit cheated? I know I did by the Vale performance today.

Crewe were ok, could have scored 6-7 but `vale could have scored 4-5.

The only selection I'd have argued with at the outset was playing Jones in midfield - even though he's left footed, I think we have better options there.

Hugill wasn't having the best game but I'd possibly have persisted with him, I don't think Tomlin improved matters tbh although I suppose after the subs we had our only ten minutes of pressure all game.

Joe fluffed / miscontrolled early on, I think the "foul" he was nearly sent off for wasn't a foul though. However, after that you can't help feeling he was one foul away from a red card. First goal did my head in, another short corner where there weren't two for two at the corner flag! Their penalty was dubious in my view but their third was a decent goal and all in all they deserved it. I suppose they had a lot more to play for than us, though I can't wait for us to get those 8-9 points that ensure safety because our getting points is so dependent on "turning up" and we collectively just haven't done that for a few weeks now.

I thought Tom had a good game and Knott looked both involved and capable when he came on. Other than that, come on Vale, far too early to be switching off and dreaming about lying on the beach!

Strange as it may seem, I think it's a good thing we're playing Wolves and Cov in the next couple of weeks as there's more chance of them getting their minds right for those games.

Well that was depressing.

Poor defensive starting line up from Adams. I've never seen us start so slow out of the blocks. We were lucky to only be 1 down when he made the change. for the remainder of the first half we were unlucky not to draw level.

Penalty killed us. I'd like to see it again. From Lorne street it looked very soft.

No complaints about the result. Beaten by a better team on the day, which is annoying as we're a much better team than them overall. League table proves that.

Too many players had stinkers. Lines was shocking. Davis was a disaster waiting to happen. Hugill offered nothing. Tomlin doesn't look interested. Even Dicko, for all his effort, made a number of silly errors.

Only Pope and Neil come out of the match with any real credit.

Not surprising to see Griff singled out on here. He was by no means one of our worst performers. Not even close. He also did well when he went to centre half. He was probably on a par with Dicko today. Far better than Lines.

Knott looked decent when he came on.

Was there any trouble after? I walked through Burslem part and a group of about 30 men came running through, towards the ground. They were either vale fans who didn't attend, Crewe fans who didn't or (and I think this is more likely) stoke fans who'd watched the man city match in the pub then thought they'd head over to Burslem for a ruck.

A bit of trouble in exec box - http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Vale-Crewe-Alex-fans-clash-executive-boxes-derby/story-20684768-detail/story.html

This could be the beginning of the end. If Adams leaves and so do all the out of contract players we are going to struggle mightily next season. It seems to me that something is going on behind the scenes and it has taken the life out of the players. I have bought some tickets to the Wolves game but I wish I hadn't.
On the evidence of today's shambles they will be doing us a favour if they can convince some club to take them on!

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

You lost me when you said that the ref "was very good"?:unsure:

Neal and Pope were the only ones who put a shift in today.Im afraid the rest have their minds on their summer holidays!!!Worst Vale performance against Crewe ever.Season over :yes:

Put a shift in there is a player out there today who always gives his all even ended up playing centre half today he tackled and won most headers in defence than anybody else and all the majority on here can do is castigate the man.Give me more players with the heart and desire of griff than all the so called players like lines, jones,taylor,dodds,tomlin,birchall,who give next to nothing to the vale cause.

Put a shift in there is a player out there today who always gives his all even ended up playing centre half today he tackled and won most headers in defence than anybody else and all the majority on here can do is castigate the man.Give me more players with the heart and desire of griff than all the so called players like lines, jones,taylor,dodds,tomlin,birchall,who give next to nothing to the vale cause.

Add myrie Williams to that list also

Sickening defeat today, I couldn't understand the starting line up.

We didn't start well today but appeared to get it back together for the last 10 mins of the first half and could have gone in 1-1, the momentum was with us. What hacks me off is Vale seem to come out for the second half as flat as a pancake in virtually every game and often concede early as today, what goes on in the dressing room at half time.

MA, sort it out please.

I rarely, if ever, post anything negative but following todays game I'll make an exception. With the exception of Pope, Neal, Dickinson and possibly Davies, I can't think of a single player who deserved to wear the shirt. Those players that, for the most part, looked totally inept and at times disinterested should give some thought to the supporters who work damn hard and/or scrimp and save to pay over the odds to watch them ply their "trade". I included the management team in this as the tactics today were clearly way off the mark.

While I'm banging on I started a theard a couple of weeks ago entitled Drop Pope, unlike Mr Adams, I am big enough to admit I was wrong and would like to apologise - you should try it Micky! rant over.

Archived