onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

Advert

Utterly disgraceful performance against a side struggling to avoid relegation. Out thought, out fought, and outplayed, we seemed to have no plan A (unless you call hoofball a plan) let alone plan B. Only Pope deserved to paid this week after this performance and it's difficult to see how we'll avoid sliding down the table unless the manager and players buck their ideas up by a huge factor.

Crewe were the better side by far but any admiration I might have had for their football was outweighed by their constant cheating, fouling and timewasting. Their manager and coaching staff must be proud of them - straight out of their legendary academy.

Don't know where Micky goes to from here but we need a major shake up.

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

Pretty much spot on. Crewe were ok, but to be honest we made them look good. Just a very inept display by a team that doesn't look like a team and can't pass the ball. I thought (from the Lorne Street) it probably WAS a penalty and I thought the ref was pretty good actually. At the moment, I just can't see where the next win is coming from. It's obvious that Pope and Hugill don't work as a pair, though Pope was excellent today. I forecast this is the start of a slide that will see us finish just above the relegation zone. Hope I'm wrong but I fear I won't be. We just don't look a team at all, no cohesion and little skill...and we and haven't for many games this season - even several we've won. Worried.

Tactily not a scooby doo Mr Adams. Started defencivley no plan B. Even after your double substitution (panic management) whats the point in bringing Tomlin on and then continue to play the same hoof ball up to Pope (who was miles the best player in the team) for him to knock the ball onto who. You may as well kept Hugil on.

The midfield was none exsistent today.

The team at the moment look like they are lacking confiedence and leadership and that my freind is down to you. You have not got a settled team and you continue to swap and change. Very very poor today worst i have seen us this season.

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

What u need to realise is this is effectively a league 2 at best side which has been punching above its weight for most of the season so far. We need a couple of wins i reckon to keep us away from the trap door and then Smurf needs to decide what its gonna take to progress next season and he will need expert football advice in making those decisions imho.

This game could have massive consequences. A hiding next week and attendances will plummet. Seasonn ticket sales for next season will be half this seasons (if we are lucky). This will reflect on the funds available for the squad.

There is no way we should even consider offering Adams a rise to keep him. He is now risking affecting players careers. Davies, Hugill and Birchall spring to mind. And with Davies his own father should hang his head in shame.

One of the worst showings in a derby game I've seen in 35 years of following the Vale. Totally clueless and not helped by a team selection that has completely failed in the last 2 matches. Mr Adams has to ask himself some serious questions on this one.

Vale players, apart from Pope and Neal were not at the races and some of the team have to take a hard look at themselves because they just haven't performed since the turn of the year. We need a leader out there with character, who'll take the game by the throat and drive the others on but none of them have the stomach for the fight or the backbone to take on the responsibility.

Just seen the goals on SSN, first was pathetic defending, second was a definite penalty, what was Loft thinking? The third, was too easy, where were the defence?

Onwards to next week, but I think we'll be in for a thrashing next week if we play like that.

This could be the beginning of the end. If Adams leaves and so do all the out of contract players we are going to struggle mightily next season. It seems to me that something is going on behind the scenes and it has taken the life out of the players. I have bought some tickets to the Wolves game but I wish I hadn't.

This game could have massive consequences. A hiding next week and attendances will plummet. Seasonn ticket sales for next season will be half this seasons (if we are lucky). This will reflect on the funds available for the squad.

I could not agree more, people dont seem to see the bigger picture

I could not agree more, people dont seem to see the bigger picture

Archived