onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe post match comments.

valiant_593

I thought that was the worst we have been for some time and some of those player dont deserve to play again. We were completely outclassed and outplayed from the start by a team struggling, who looked excellent today. Awful team selection again, extremely negative, silly subs and no plan b. Alls we do is hoof it to pope. Thought the referee was very good today, difficult game to manage and he easily could have sent of Davis, it WAS a penalty and most of the other decisions he got right.

Neal 7, kept us in it with save after save, we would be down without him.

Yates 5, Pretty poor to be honest.

Davis 5, didnt think he was too bad, but should have been sent off.

grimmer 6, looked steady, hope he is ok.

Dicko 6, giving him a 6 for his effort, for actually trying unlike the majority.

Jones 3, Garbage, 1st half was embarrassing, but he shouldnt be playing in midfield, 4 games there in a row and its blatantly obvious he cant play there!

Griff 4, Crap as usual, out tackled at every chance by Grant, rubbish.

Lines 3, Awful, worst I have seen lines, didnt care, looked like he didnt want to play, didnt do anything.

Loft 3, As above didnt look interested.

Hughill 5, Unfair to take him off but shouldnt be playing with Pope anyway.

Pope 9, deserved a goal first half and got what he deserved 2nd half, ran his heart out and played for the team, the others should take note of his performance.

Subs

JMW 0, had enough of him, he dosent care, he dosent want to play, he dosent run, dosent chase back, tackle, cross anything get him out of the squad.

Tomlin 4, As above not interested and not good enough.

Knott 8, Looked interested, looked like he cared and looked a quality player.

Overall a terrible performance beaten by a far better team on the day, Adams has to be questioned here the team selection was woeful. How players as poor as Griffith are keeping out the likes of Knott i do not know. Jones had already played 3 in a row on the left wing and done nothing and plays there again, it dosent make sense. I certainly hope he takes blame for this defeat in his interview, but I doubt he will. Wolves next, already got my ticket, not looking forward to it, be happy if its under 5-0.

Advert

Out of all this I feel sorry for the likes of Shuker, Birchall, Knott.....non starters who deserve a shot (i know shukers injured)

Jones isn't a winger, left midfielder and i'd go as far as saying a left back. We play worse with him in the team.

JMW I think has probably been told he will be released? Robertson seems to have gone the same way as Morsey and Burge, Lines gone off the boil completely and maybe eying another club? Loft and Griff like chalk and cheese, Tomlin doesn't seem bothered, Hughill too inexperienced...

Pope, Neal, maybe Dicko for his passion....three players who tried.

Manager and Tactics today 0/10

Inept performance by all but Pope and maybe Neal. Knott looked bright when he came on.

We couldn't handle their two big lads up top, and nobody fed off Pope who won every header, worked his bag off, and was top draw.

Adams got his selection wrong but realised early doors and changed it, not his fault JMW didn't turn up when brought on. Any chants of Adams out (which there wil inevitably be) are ridiculous and stupid. He made a mistake today, we all do. But how he has brought this club so far seems immediately forgotten? Bizarre - he's the man for the job.

Also, if you're going to leave your seat before full time then kindly leave the ground as well, it was ridiculous at the bottom of the paddock, people stood watching the game, if you wanna stay - sit in your ****** seat don't dilly dally hanging round!

Another disgraceful performance.

We've scored 1 in 3 (that being a consolation goal). We don't look good enough going forward. We don't look solid at the back.

Micky chose the wrong team again. Jones? Yates? Griff? Not good enough. Why does he insist of starting Loft out wide? He's too slow to be a winger. Micky seems to be playing Loft for the sake of it. JMW should have started. Where is Robbo?

Micky's tactics aren't good enough. It's as simple as that.

Chris Neal and Tom Pope only ones who can come away from that with any degree of pride. Pope was excellent, a welcome return to form.

Another 2nd half of the season death from a Micky Adams team. Every single year. Coincidence?

Credit to Crewe. They shouldn't go down. Pogba and Aneke, what a forward line. They caused more problems today than any other forward line.

Next week will be embarrassing.

Once again tactics and set up all wrong, I'm starting to think he's lost the plot, time to admit the vast majority of our squad of which Adams gave ****** contracts too are not good enough, oh and while I'm at it bin grew off as well, just a yes man that doesn't seem to actually bring anything to the table.

I really feel Adams should tell the players they have to donate the wages this week to charity or some other good cause, as they haven't earnt a penny of it pope aside, a shambolic, embarrassing dysfunctional display from start to finish.

worst performance for a long long time

the only players who deserve any credit are Pope (our best player by a million miles, the only problem was that he needed to be on the end of the balls he was playing in to the box), Yates and Dicko. Knott did ok as well when he came on

Lines looks a mere shadow of the player he looked like before xmas

Why cant Micky Adams team play after xmas????

Well that was truly awful, worst performance I've seen this season! Team selection wrong, tactics wrong and completely devoid of commitment.

Crewe wanted it more, played the ref a treat and did everything you'd expect of an away performance. That said targeting a player to get them sent off, again, isn't exactly in the fair play award criteria? Davis won the ball by the way where everyone is claiming he should have been sent off, it was clear as day he won the ball as well, not even a foul!

As I said earlier in the week, Jones isn't a left midfielder, he doesn't have a clue how to play, doesn't know where he's supposed to go, or who to track etc. Not totally his fault that tbh though his lack of application doesn't help.

Too many players strolled around, players who I've sang the praises of all season as well. People like Loft, Lines in particular, players who should take control of games, players who should try and play football just didn't show up. As a captain in particular Loft was very ominous by his absence. Not trying to make a scapegoat of anyone just commenting on what I saw.

Pope had a good game I thought, he tried to hold it up, tried to bring others into the game but was let down far too often. Knott looked a tidy player on the ball also and I hope he gets a start next weekend.

worst performance for a long long time

the only players who deserve any credit are Pope (our best player by a million miles, the only problem was that he needed to be on the end of the balls he was playing in to the box), Yates and Dicko. Knott did ok as well when he came on

Lines looks a mere shadow of the player he looked like before xmas

:laugh:.....for a second I thought you said Dicko had a good game.....................

Something I have mentioned a few times it seems we run out of steam after XMas. Last season lets be totally honestly we crept to promotion, good job we had the points in the bag in the first half of the season. Is it something to do with the training or is simply all the games come closer together after XMas?

Today as a few have already said, inept performance from far too many in the line up. Adams got that line up wrong, no-one else!

Why did we not bring Williamson on instead of Tomlin, Tomlins first touch is ****** awful!

Adams lost us that game tactics hopelessly wrong AGAIN. :mad:

Pope was MoM by a country mile :yes:

Crewe out thought us and out fought us. :yes:

Crewes tactics timewasting after 13 minutes were to put it politely unfortunate. :mad:

Vale always struggle in the 2nd half the season because they are mullered in pre season and are knackered :yes:

Well that was truly awful, worst performance I've seen this season! Team selection wrong, tactics wrong and completely devoid of commitment.

Crewe wanted it more, played the ref a treat and did everything you'd expect of an away performance. That said targeting a player to get them sent off, again, isn't exactly in the fair play award criteria? Davis won the ball by the way where everyone is claiming he should have been sent off, it was clear as day he won the ball as well, not even a foul!

As I said earlier in the week, Jones isn't a left midfielder, he doesn't have a clue how to play, doesn't know where he's supposed to go, or who to track etc. Not totally his fault that tbh though his lack of application doesn't help.

Too many players strolled around, players who I've sang the praises of all season as well. People like Loft, Lines in particular, players who should take control of games, players who should try and play football just didn't show up. As a captain in particular Loft was very ominous by his absence. Not trying to make a scapegoat of anyone just commenting on what I saw.

Pope had a good game I thought, he tried to hold it up, tried to bring others into the game but was let down far too often. Knott looked a tidy player on the ball also and I hope he gets a start next weekend.

There is only a few words to say, lost faith in Micky his tactics are crap. No contract for Adams he must go.

Archived