onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season over

paddockboy1876

That's football for you. Two years ago people were moaning because we were 10th in League 2, now they moan because we are 10th in League 1. If we are 10th in the Championship in two years time the same people will moan if we have just lost 1-0 at Leeds!

Not the mighty Leeds!!

I WOULD be happy to lose to them and be put in our place.then we could consolidate/regroup,and try realy hard next season,cuz we are only little port vale after all

Advert

I think If two years ago you would have said we will be in a challenging for play-offs or been on the verge.....You would have laughed your head off........Get a grip we are punching well above our weight thanks to good Management who do the best with what they have got........The play-offs would be fantastic from a financial angle BUT we all know only 3 maybe 4 of this present Squad who would manage to compete at Championship level.........Rome wanna built in day AND i for one have come home smiling more time these last couple of seasons than in over a decade.

We can easily rule the play-offs out this season I'm sure but how do we afford players that could compete in the Championship without a stint in that league to attract large crowds on a more regular basis?

If we are to have a budget cut we're likely not to do aswell as this year...if people are losing interest at this stage after a relatively successful campaign up until this point, where do we go from here when it comes to generating funds to improve year on year?

What could Smurthwaite's long term plan be? Or is he hoping it won't be his problem in a year or so?

This is what worries me. I could accept a drab end to this season if I didn't feel we have some serious issues to face in the summer and next year.

I think If two years ago you would have said we will be in a challenging for play-offs or been on the verge.....You would have laughed your head off........Get a grip we are punching well above our weight thanks to good Management who do the best with what they have got........The play-offs would be fantastic from a financial angle BUT we all know only 3 maybe 4 of this present Squad who would manage to compete at Championship level.........Rome wanna built in day AND i for one have come home smiling more time these last couple of seasons than in over a decade.

Spot on Jimmy!

The first couple of posts, and several others further down, make really depressing reading.

Are we supposed to be impressed when someone posts that they are not going to the next match because player x is selected, or they don't like the formation or such utter immature gobby self-indulgent nonsense. Go to the cinema then - go to the moon preferably, your choice.

Season over ? perhaps we should go into admin again and have 10 pts deducted then the bored ones would have a relegation fight to be excited about.

We are lucky we have a larger number of reliable, loyal and sensible fans who have posted what they think about this nonsense and will continue to support their club without qualification.

Surprise surprise we lose a game and everyones moaning i think we are punching well above our weight we are not good enough for play offs but surely at the start of the season our main aim was to stay in this league which is what we will do

Surprise surprise we lose a game and everyones moaning i think we are punching well above our weight we are not good enough for play offs but surely at the start of the season our main aim was to stay in this league which is what we will do

I would go along with that,we have come such a long way and a few do think we are better than what we are,Bradford had won 1 in the last 20+ games,now can you imagine what some on here would of been like if that was us.

I'm sure they are Fosse but ask yourself do you want to see negative,defensive football or the 4-3 games over the rest of the season.The crap we are playing at the moment will guarantee further crowds of under 4000.Like I said earlier ,we have nothing to lose and a lot to be gained by playing attacking,attractive football for the rest of the season.I wonder how we'll line up on Saturday against a team that's conceded 60 goals this season?
I was only quoting the usual management view, I would prefer a 7 goal game decided on a single goal, win or lose, than a one goal game. Depends on a point of view, are goals un stoppable or mistakes? Matter of opinion of course, and the quality of the goal or stop. We mainly go to a match hoping for worthwhile effort to be put in, and our side to win. Some games/seasons have more at stake, but most seasons will be mid-table, which is an achievement for a promoted team without a large budget. Still some interesting games to watch, which we should be keen to win.

You didn't go last night did you?

Because if you did you wouldn't be criticising Pope who had a good game despite being given absolutely NO service.

How many shots on target did he have and why is it that, that excuse comes up every time- 'noservice'? It really is irritating.

Strikers who have good games and score no goals hmmm did we score any from Pope assists- No.

re last night's game...

"I'm struggling to think of another team performance as inept as that one" (Doha)

...try last Saturday at Shrewsbury...or is it just me who thinks that we were marginally better last night, against noticeably better opposition?

The last two performances have been realy bad ,and I totally understand why some including me are more than unhappy about it,but most on this site are blind to it,cuz we are" punchin above are weight"and let's "consolidate"it's that attitude that does my head in,and it's why we will never get above this league again,cuz most just put up with crap football everyweek,and don't demand better

Typical ott thread over a defeat on here.

This just shows the numpties we have following the club. Expecting promotion when we are no where near the standards of Brentford, wolves, Peterborough. Orient etc.

To me we have had a great season, good cup run and solidified a league one position. Pre season looks to be key hopefully add to the squad and push on for the play offs next season when , imo, some worse sides replace the better ones on our league I.e wolves and co go up being replaces with Millwall. Barnsley Yeovil etc.

Typical ott thread over a defeat on here.

This just shows the numpties we have following the club. Expecting promotion when we are no where near the standards of Brentford, wolves, Peterborough. Orient etc.

To me we have had a great season, good cup run and solidified a league one position. Pre season looks to be key hopefully add to the squad and push on for the play offs next season when , imo, some worse sides replace the better ones on our league I.e wolves and co go up being replaces with Millwall. Barnsley Yeovil etc.

Spot on g4e. The only thing that worries me is our lack of form after Christmas, which happened last season and the season before but staying in this league was the aim this season, get rid of deadwood in the summer and see where we go from there.

Archived