onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season over

paddockboy1876

Advert

Slightly wrong boltonsno1.3 defeats ,1 draw ,1 win in last 5.

Fair enough, it's just some of the reactions to this run of form amaze me. We were never gonna get promoted, we were never good enough. At the start of the season, most people would have settled for 20th place. They've been spoilt by the fact we've done reasonably well this season.

Put it this way, if we'd been down in about 19th or 20th all season, then won three or four games on the bounce which took us up to about 13th or 14th, then suffered a couple of defeats like last night, would people have complained like they are at the minute? No, cos it would have been what people were expecting from a team who'd just got promoted. People are actually moaning because we've done better than expected.

So what did you expect? It has been a reasonable season, good cup run and the team placed in the middle of the table.

Rome was not built in a season, look to where we were 2 seasons ago, we will stay in the league and hopefully progress with acquisitions in the close season.

Quite happy with how it's gone but would be happier if we were having a good go at teams who ,to be quite honest,don't deserve the respect Adams is showing them.

Adams' comments about not being bothered if people say he is being negative with his tactics may have a detrimental result on gates.If he isn't bothered why the **** should fans be.What's worse ? Conceding or not scoring.Personally I prefer to be entertained and see my team having a go instead of watching boring defensive crap.We are at a stage in the season where we look safe and have nothing to lose by having a go in every match.
Most managers prefer a 1-0 to a 4-3, as their defensive system has worked. The few gung-ho managers, Keegan etc, don't keep their jobs.

Quite happy with how it's gone but would be happier if we were having a good go at teams who ,to be quite honest,don't deserve the respect Adams is showing them.
But we are only 5 points above Bradford City, no doubt their fans are upset having had a better start than us.

But we are only 5 points above Bradford City, no doubt their fans are upset having had a better start than us.

I'm sure they are Fosse but ask yourself do you want to see negative,defensive football or the 4-3 games over the rest of the season.The crap we are playing at the moment will guarantee further crowds of under 4000.Like I said earlier ,we have nothing to lose and a lot to be gained by playing attacking,attractive football for the rest of the season.I wonder how we'll line up on Saturday against a team that's conceded 60 goals this season?

Let me know what you watch at the cinema as i will be going the vale, talk about doom and gloom

Anchorman2,😆😆 I looks realy funny,and I won't be a miserable bugger all weekend after watching it,unlike you lot after the mighty crwhoo beat us,hook line and sinker😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Well after watching the Vale for forty years man and boy, i am afraid its in my blood. seen more bad times than good but i support the club as i want them here in the future. So enjoy Anchorman 2 with your friends and children and leave the supporting to real Vale supporters.

Anchornan 2 is reported to be total *****. The OP not to be confused with the "Paddock Boy" has a point albeit wrong.

We can send Crewe/Stevenage/Sheff U closer to the trap door, stop Walsall going anywhere and give fatty as Rotterdam yet more blood pressure.We cant be top or bottom every year, or is the latter preferable?

I would say that the season as he indicates went rather **** up when Smurf said he didnt want us up, or whatever his words were, but hey ho, thats him for you

Well after watching the Vale for forty years man and boy, i am afraid its in my blood. seen more bad times than good but i support the club as i want them here in the future. So enjoy Anchorman 2 with your friends and children and leave the supporting to real Vale supporters.

Not takeing the friends I don't realy like them.just priced the cinema up,blxxdy hell,think ile go vale it's cheaper,cum on vale!!!!!get a sense on humor people😜😜

Not takeing the friends I don't realy like them.just priced the cinema up,blxxdy hell,think ile go vale it's cheaper,cum on vale!!!!!get a sense on humor people😜😜

Win, lose or draw on Saturday, I know where I'd rather be spending my afternoon.

UTV

Rotherham came up and have kicked on to another level, can anyone say the same for us? Are Rotherham really any bigger of a club than us? They get good crowds now, we don't.

I expected a buzz to be around Vale after a promotion but its just the same as last season. Our home fans attendance hasn't increased much and at least there was optimism in league 2.

I know I'd rather be in this league but how boring is it?

That's football for you. Two years ago people were moaning because we were 10th in League 2, now they moan because we are 10th in League 1. If we are 10th in the Championship in two years time the same people will moan if we have just lost 1-0 at Leeds!

I'm surprised at the number of fans on here that are settling for mediocrity. Like The Waterboy mentioned in his post, clubs like Walsall are what we should be aspiring to. Hence the problem is not solely that we seem to be slipping away from the play offs, but, moreover, the lack of desire from Adams and the players to perform to the highest ability. Effort and entertainment have not been consistent for a while now. The comeback at Plymouth aside, it was the back-end of December in the win against Rotherham that we were reminded why we wanted the Vale to be in League One. Even before that we earned an unspectacular victory of struggling Notts County and refused to turn up in the opening half hour at MK Dons.

There are fans on here saying the play-offs are an unrealistic aim, but there is no reason why a place in the top 8 is beyond us. Surely our current ranking amidst current form (two victories in eight), suggests that this is Vale's strongest chance in a number of years to earn an impressive season finish. Come the summer, it would help attract better players and convince some of the current crop, such as Loft and Lines, to stay.

Micky Adams has filled his bench with attacking options for the last two matches and hasn't utilised any of them to make us look remotely like scoring. How can Smurf or the club expect fans to turn up in numbers with this mentality?

Archived