onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season over

paddockboy1876

Advert

ha ha totally agree....we have lost a game of football as dissapointing as that is we will lose some more this season i am happy that we are consolidating in the division....we are no where near good enough for the playoffs and the sooner fans accept that then we can push on and re-group next season

there are still good games to be had starting with Crewe on sat then Wolves away next week how can you not look forward to games like that!!

Was goin satde and takeing 2 friends from work,plus 3kids,Ime not goin to embarrass me self now , Ime taking the kids to the cinema,an owner who doesn't want promotion,players who can't be arsed,over rated manager,nuff said😫😫😫

In all honesty do you really think we would survive in the championship with the money we have and would get?

Next season should see a major clear out, and in all honesty, i can't see that happening because Adams seems to have run out of ideas and is indeed, seemingly stuck in a rut of playing strikers and midfielders who may suit his style of play, but in reality, serve no purpose week in week out.

Sick of watching the same boring tactics and negativity- i was brought up watching a 'real' football team (the john rudge era) with players who had character and appreciated the fans and knew how to give their all- week in- week out rain or shine.

This lot? Spineless, couldn't give a toss, and a manager and chairman who are too selfish and stubborn to see each others point of view.

Why did Adams buy Griffiths? Not exactly a playmaker and a slow carthorse with no mobility- we need some creativity, passion and fire in midfield but hey, if Adams is to play his diabolical tactics and long ball c*** we need players like that- uninspiring unexciting and frankly garbage!!

As far as i'm concerned Adams can go along with Griffiths (far too slow and predictable) Pope (thank you Tom but your skillset is not what is required for a promotion to the 2nd tier- we need players up front who can turn a game and not blame others all the time)

We need a good squad who can challenge and i believe that our other existing strikers (Tomlin, Williamson and Hugill) have all got immense talent and will fit into a football style of play not a hoof ball style, that we currently adopt.

Sorry but there is such an immense loyalty towards Tom Pope it is absolutely ridiculous- he can do no wrong can he? To me, he spends too much time waving his hands about and his skill is very limited on the deck. We need a football team that plays football on the deck- which leads to my criticism of a certain ex John Rudge goalkeeper Mark Grew who has recently been on radio before the colchester game to tel everybody 'this wasn't a night for football' he went onto explain his and Adams team selection and explained that the team wasn't designed to play football!!!!!!

Mr Grew- we watched Vale when you were goalkeeper and Rudgie always layed out his team to play football- you are using opposition as an excuse for not playing football- when in reality the reason we don't play football is because we have not got the players to do it!!!

Football means football players who play FOOTBALL can we have it at Vale park anytime soon Mr Smurfwaite???

Not good enough for Port Vale and its fans we deserve better....

If you were offered 9th place finish at the end of last season would you have taken it?

Do you have a short memory also? Back in the JR era we had cash...we bought players for money and yes played some attractive football - but it wasn't all good back then.

If you want us to buy player makers who are mobile, creative and have all of the attributes to win us promotion then I suggest you get ya cash out because they cost MONEY

At the beginning of the season where would we of been happy finishing this season? I know I would of been happy surviving in this division this season and building year on year. Do i think we will make the playoffs? No. Of course it would of been an amazing bonus if we had, but as long as we finish the season in league one then that to me is mission accomplished. Out of all the teams we were promoted with last season, only Rotherham are ahead of us, and they have lots of cash to splash. Keep your chins up folks and let's get behind the boys on Saturday

My only concern is looking at the likes of Crewe and Shrewsbury who've had a severe case of second season syndrome which have seen the quality on the pitch decrease and enthusiasm amongst the supporters wain as shown by their crowds. We simply can't afford to allow this to happen to us. This has to start by putting a couple of big performances together in the next two games, which are frankly two of the more important fixtures for the supporters in the remainder of the season. I can only think of Sheff Utd at home being as big.

Clubs like Walsall fill me with hope. They must have a smaller budget than us, yet have a playing philosophy which I crave at Vale for next term. I agree that we need a mini clear-out at the end of the season in order to bring a new era of success and excitement. Players who got us here have been rewarded with contracts and a chance to perform at this level for the club, and have done as good a job as I personally could have hoped for. If we want to maintain this position as a top half League 1 club with aspirations of the playoffs and promotion then we have to start looking at what type of players can get us there, including adapting our style of football to compete with the top teams in this league.

Was goin satde and takeing 2 friends from work,plus 3kids,Ime not goin to embarrass me self now , Ime taking the kids to the cinema,an owner who doesn't want promotion,players who can't be arsed,over rated manager,nuff said😫😫😫

Sure your moaning won't be missed. Enjoy the film.

Think some people need to remember losing 2-0 to Accy at home on a Tuesday night, where all we used to do was hoof the ball at Marc Richards and hope for a miracle. Then look at now and see if you have anything to moan about. Consecutive promotions was NEVER going to happen. I'm delighted with our position, and if we lose 4 or 5 squad players and replace them with the likes of Dicko, Grimmer or Lines then we'll have that edge to push on next season.

Think some people need to remember losing 2-0 to Accy at home on a Tuesday night, where all we used to do was hoof the ball at Marc Richards and hope for a miracle. Then look at now and see if you have anything to moan about. Consecutive promotions was NEVER going to happen. I'm delighted with our position, and if we lose 4 or 5 squad players and replace them with the likes of Dicko, Grimmer or Lines then we'll have that edge to push on next season.

Smurfs already said that won't happen though, lines, loft and some others won't be here next season. We will sign up dross like Dodds for another year and sign past it free agents on lower wages and hope to stay up.

A sobering defeat last night. Here are a few bullet points on my mind:

1. If anyone wants an exciting end to the season then we could always try to get sucked into a relegation battle. So let's try to retain a bit of perspective.

2. However, performances recently have been flat and leggy. A lot of players look like they've hit a wall. Something needs freshening up or else the end of the season could turn into a massive anti-climax. Coincidentally or not, it was mid-Feb when we started to have our wobble last year. Maybe the question needs to be asked about whether the players are burnt out by the Adams training regime?

3. Last night's game is a reminder that sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth with Micky Adams. He's one of those managers. You have to take defeats like these on the chin if you embrace the positives of him being here - if we get dragged into a scrap or if we can drag teams into a scrap ourselves then we rarely get outfought.

4. However we have hit a glass ceiling in terms of where we can go from here doing what we're currently doing. We generally beat the struggling teams but lose to the better ones who can play a bit. In order to challenge realistically for the play offs in the future we will have to add quality and change a bit tactically. That will involve a bit of a trade off against the qualities that have got us to where we are.

5. The 'second season syndrome' alluded to earlier - I couldn't have put it better myself. It's especially a worry if Norman starts wielding his axe during the summer.

6. We do need to start planning for the medium to long term but none of that can start until the managerial situation is resolved.

Adams' comments about not being bothered if people say he is being negative with his tactics may have a detrimental result on gates.If he isn't bothered why the **** should fans be.What's worse ? Conceding or not scoring.Personally I prefer to be entertained and see my team having a go instead of watching boring defensive crap.We are at a stage in the season where we look safe and have nothing to lose by having a go in every match.

I really don't understand what some people want. If someone had offered us 43 points after 31 games, I'd have snapped their hand off. We have fifteen games to get the three wins we need to stay put in the division and have a nice, dull end to the season. We still have plenty left in this season. Home games against Crewe, Walsall and Sheffield United and away trips to Wolves, Notts County and Rotherham look like fun to me.

People keep saying we would have been happy with this position at the start and that is true, I would still be extremely happy to finish in the top 10, however you can see why people are complaining. Even though we are doing better than expected over the past month or so that has been a different story, losing to shocking sides who havent won in months and conceding 3 goals against league 2 sides. We started so well (up until Christmas) that it got fans hopes up, so now with this turn of form the reaction is expected.

How long have you been supporting the Vale?

After reading that comment,I'd guess at a season and a half.:rolleyes:

Archived