onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season over

paddockboy1876

Advert

Next season should see a major clear out, and in all honesty, i can't see that happening because Adams seems to have run out of ideas and is indeed, seemingly stuck in a rut of playing strikers and midfielders who may suit his style of play, but in reality, serve no purpose week in week out.

Sick of watching the same boring tactics and negativity- i was brought up watching a 'real' football team (the john rudge era) with players who had character and appreciated the fans and knew how to give their all- week in- week out rain or shine.

This lot? Spineless, couldn't give a toss, and a manager and chairman who are too selfish and stubborn to see each others point of view.

Why did Adams buy Griffiths? Not exactly a playmaker and a slow carthorse with no mobility- we need some creativity, passion and fire in midfield but hey, if Adams is to play his diabolical tactics and long ball c*** we need players like that- uninspiring unexciting and frankly garbage!!

As far as i'm concerned Adams can go along with Griffiths (far too slow and predictable) Pope (thank you Tom but your skillset is not what is required for a promotion to the 2nd tier- we need players up front who can turn a game and not blame others all the time)

We need a good squad who can challenge and i believe that our other existing strikers (Tomlin, Williamson and Hugill) have all got immense talent and will fit into a football style of play not a hoof ball style, that we currently adopt.

Sorry but there is such an immense loyalty towards Tom Pope it is absolutely ridiculous- he can do no wrong can he? To me, he spends too much time waving his hands about and his skill is very limited on the deck. We need a football team that plays football on the deck- which leads to my criticism of a certain ex John Rudge goalkeeper Mark Grew who has recently been on radio before the colchester game to tel everybody 'this wasn't a night for football' he went onto explain his and Adams team selection and explained that the team wasn't designed to play football!!!!!!

Mr Grew- we watched Vale when you were goalkeeper and Rudgie always layed out his team to play football- you are using opposition as an excuse for not playing football- when in reality the reason we don't play football is because we have not got the players to do it!!!

Football means football players who play FOOTBALL can we have it at Vale park anytime soon Mr Smurfwaite???

Not good enough for Port Vale and its fans we deserve better....

We live in times of of instant results, and most people expect what they want now. Same goes for football fans. While the Vale haven't been playing well of late, it has to be said that this is not a bad season at all imo. Still in the top half of the table, and having reached the 4th round of the cup, I would gladly have taken that last Aug. For some fans though, it's just not good enough, and while there;s nothing wrong with wanting promotion, it can also be said that this is a tough division to get out of. The season isn't over yet , but I think mid-table will be the likely finish.

I think If two years ago you would have said we will be in a challenging for play-offs or been on the verge.....You would have laughed your head off........Get a grip we are punching well above our weight thanks to good Management who do the best with what they have got........The play-offs would be fantastic from a financial angle BUT we all know only 3 maybe 4 of this present Squad who would manage to compete at Championship level.........Rome wanna built in day AND i for one have come home smiling more time these last couple of seasons than in over a decade.

I think If two years ago you would have said we will be in a challenging for play-offs or been on the verge.....You would have laughed your head off........Get a grip we are punching well above our weight thanks to good Management who do the best with what they have got........The play-offs would be fantastic from a financial angle BUT we all know only 3 maybe 4 of this present Squad who would manage to compete at Championship level.........Rome wanna built in day AND i for one have come home smiling more time these last couple of seasons than in over a decade.

Agree 100 % :) !

Was this season not about consolidation from the start rather than promotion? I feel that the squad has adapted well on the whole to the challenge of League 1 football, and Micky is rightly taking his time to create a squad that will eventually be ready to have a shot at a playoff place and potential promotion. This recent period of games reminds me of when Micky first came to the club when we needed to turn around the 15 year slump that led to an 18th position finish in League 2. I'm pleased that the youngster Davis has been given a shot, which has coincided in an improvement at the back. It's just a shame that Grimmer is destined to play much higher than we can offer him in the immediate future. I think he knows what he's doing, and to expect anything more than a mid-table finish this season is unreasonable. Other than that joke of a second half against Swindon our home form has been solid to say the least. We were always going have a drop-off in away form this season, but I can understand people feeling a bit miffed at a 90th minute concession when we looked on for a point.

Was goin satde and takeing 2 friends from work,plus 3kids,Ime not goin to embarrass me self now , Ime taking the kids to the cinema,an owner who doesn't want promotion,players who can't be arsed,over rated manager,nuff said
Pathetic post. Love of your team is unconditional. The only correct comment is about the owner.

Well said James.

So much negativity and its not all generated from within this site. There is little doubt that our form has dipped motivation and enthusiasm are from the manager and chairman and the players of port vale fc. The buck stops there for me communication is dire and vale need to look at their public relations. One further point this site enables us all to express our views and get our frustrations out into the public forum. Long let that be the case. As for the season being over, its what we make it...

Pathetic post. Love of your team is unconditional. The only correct comment is about the owner.

Agreed.

Sometimes teams lose games. It happens. Look at Bradfords form before tonight.

If u want to support a team that don't lose many, I'd suggest Barcelona but don't give up when they do lose a game.

Its Crewe on Saturday. It might be a poor game but more likely It'll be a good game with a good atmosphere. The unpredictability is what's great about football. Get yourself there & support the boys. Up the Vale.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

First season in this league and all we get is he isn't good enough, he's crap, he doesn't score enough, he doesn't create

What do you honestly expect, we are 10th past the middle of February and we haven't been splashing the cash here, there and everywhere.

If you would have said our season was over at the beginning of the season at this point everyone would have snapped your hand off, let's not forget where we've come from.

Wow chill out!... We lost away at Bradford big deal, look where we are in the table. I know its been said so many times but at the start of the season we would have took where we are now. Were Port Vale, we wont win them all and we will have dips in form. Its part and parcell of football and the sooner we get to grips with that the better.

Stop in league 1 this season and thats mission complete and we push on from there.

Now move on and look forward to a big day saturday.

Next season should see a major clear out, and in all honesty, i can't see that happening because Adams seems to have run out of ideas and is indeed, seemingly stuck in a rut of playing strikers and midfielders who may suit his style of play, but in reality, serve no purpose week in week out.

Sick of watching the same boring tactics and negativity- i was brought up watching a 'real' football team (the john rudge era) with players who had character and appreciated the fans and knew how to give their all- week in- week out rain or shine.

This lot? Spineless, couldn't give a toss, and a manager and chairman who are too selfish and stubborn to see each others point of view.

Why did Adams buy Griffiths? Not exactly a playmaker and a slow carthorse with no mobility- we need some creativity, passion and fire in midfield but hey, if Adams is to play his diabolical tactics and long ball c*** we need players like that- uninspiring unexciting and frankly garbage!!

As far as i'm concerned Adams can go along with Griffiths (far too slow and predictable) Pope (thank you Tom but your skillset is not what is required for a promotion to the 2nd tier- we need players up front who can turn a game and not blame others all the time)

We need a good squad who can challenge and i believe that our other existing strikers (Tomlin, Williamson and Hugill) have all got immense talent and will fit into a football style of play not a hoof ball style, that we currently adopt.

Sorry but there is such an immense loyalty towards Tom Pope it is absolutely ridiculous- he can do no wrong can he? To me, he spends too much time waving his hands about and his skill is very limited on the deck. We need a football team that plays football on the deck- which leads to my criticism of a certain ex John Rudge goalkeeper Mark Grew who has recently been on radio before the colchester game to tel everybody 'this wasn't a night for football' he went onto explain his and Adams team selection and explained that the team wasn't designed to play football!!!!!!

Mr Grew- we watched Vale when you were goalkeeper and Rudgie always layed out his team to play football- you are using opposition as an excuse for not playing football- when in reality the reason we don't play football is because we have not got the players to do it!!!

Football means football players who play FOOTBALL can we have it at Vale park anytime soon Mr Smurfwaite???

Not good enough for Port Vale and its fans we deserve better....

I agree with a lot of what you say there.

Unfortunately I think some will disagree with your comments regarding Pope, but I feel the same as you.

Archived